• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Pickford makes too many individual mistakes and odd decisions. That won't mesh well with our already error prone fidgety defence. We need someone comfortable with the ball but also someone who will give the defence confidence. Dier/Sanchez + Pickford would be very concerning, between them they will fudge up.
I think if we’d brought in Pickford for Lloris but still had Dier and Sanchez playing then the club would only have solved one third of our problem.

I would like our next goalkeeper to at least have the potential to reach the kind of level Lloris was at when at his peak.

I'm not convinced that's Pickford. But if no players fitting that description (and being good enough short term as well of course) are available at a cost we can accept then Pickford would be a good option imo.

Prof on COYS:

Not only working on gk and mid. Initial list of cb targets cut down to those approved by Ange. Two approaches made so far - one young and promising, the other a little older and more experienced. If they seem doable we’ll negotiate. If not we’ll move on. Would like 3 new defenders for the squad - number depends on outgoings. Ange bullish he can coach up some of our youngsters and a few of our under performers which is music to the boss’s ears. Lol

More from Prof (different source):

and talks ongoing with celtic for two players. right now one possible to probable. the other one unlikely to possible. could change if player nags. a wants both means were pushing. early doors s has impressed. is clear what he wants and how doers can make it happen

Prof on COYS:

Not only working on gk and mid. Initial list of cb targets cut down to those approved by Ange. Two approaches made so far - one young and promising, the other a little older and more experienced. If they seem doable we’ll negotiate. If not we’ll move on. Would like 3 new defenders for the squad - number depends on outgoings. Ange bullish he can coach up some of our youngsters and a few of our under performers which is music to the boss’s ears. Lol

and talks ongoing with celtic for two players. right now one possible to probable. the other one unlikely to possible. could change if player nags. a wants both means were pushing. early doors s has impressed. is clear what he wants and how doers can make it happen

Is this English? Don’t understand a word of it!

Prof on COYS:

Surely should be the approach of any coach?

Prof on COYS:

I take it if he gave names somebody would get shot?

dragon1:

As things stand today neither player or club are interested in this deal

Kane’s preference is to stay in England

There would need to be a significant improvement at the club for Kane to consider a new deal

Regarding maddison I am incredibly surprised as we passed last summer for 50 million , it was the same time Daniel failed to persuade conte to take eriksen back who wanted to come so maybe a manager change led to this

as I said earlier in window there are going to be multiple signings in the 15-20 million range , one of main reasons we went for Angie is he can spot talent , young players with high ceilings and who are mobile , you will see us covering high amounts of ground again this season just like under peak Poch 17 and 18 seasons with multiple subs on 60-65 mins as players run into ground so despite no Europe we will need big squad , players who can’t move like holberg , dier etc will be off

as is well documented we are in advanced talks with leverkusen he fits model perfectly , young , mobile with high ceiling

they want another 5 after the keeper and maddison ,

FWIW Dragon1 has proven to be a decent ITK over the years. He doesn't post regularly which is always a good indicator, as not looking for attention. One of the very few I would listen to....

FWIW Dragon1 has proven to be a decent ITK over the years. He doesn't post regularly which is always a good indicator, as not looking for attention. One of the very few I would listen to....

Wow 5 after the keeper and Maddison!

So probably means we want both those centre backs as long as the Leverkusen guy is reasonably priced. Then the winger.

But that still leaves two more which leaves me confused unless Kane is off.

Back