• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Harry ain't subtle is he?

An away game up at Sunderland; Harry goes super-defensive with 3 in midfield, 2 of which are pure DM hackers.
As luck would have it, they set up super deep to defend at all costs, so we nullified one another.

A home game against lowly Norwich; Harry goes super-attacking as we need 3 points. He plays 442 with no DM at all, just Modric and Livermore.
Surely that will result in goals for us, all 6 players looking forward and capable of contributing to goals.
As luck would have it, they dominated us and we couldn't handle the mighty Pilkington and Bennet dream team.

I think we just need to calm down and go back to basics - start off with 3 in midfield, but not 2 cloggers. You shouldn't need 2 cloggers when you have 3 in the middle.

Simple as that.

Or if you realllly want to have 442 then put in at least one clogger, not zero cloggers.

Simple pimple.

I agree with all of that.

In isolation the game today wasn't that bad. A well organized, hard working side fought us out of our style during a congested fixture run. Our traditionally best defender had a nightmare of a game, they score a wonder strike, but the game was pretty even. A draw would have been a fair result and considering the forward players we have compared to theirs given a close game we would normally win more often than them I think.

However, when it's another game where we aren't at our best, when considering that we were quite cowardly away to Sunderland where they might have been there for the taking it does get very annoying. If this was one blip I don't think the reaction would have been this bad, but it's another one in a now slightly too long list of blips.

manager picks a team and formation he doesnt believe in, and then to top off a great day says all this to the media

triffic

Problem I have with Harry is that the longer he stays as manager, the more the squad will be filled with short-term loans and 33+ year old players, meaning an increasing amount of the work for the guy who follows him.

This. Levy surely knows this, and (I hope) will not let it go on for much longer. Saha? Nelsen? Friedel? Shocking stuff really. Old, proven, two seasons in them (tops), no sell on value, high wages. But "lovely chap to have around the club. proper family man" I'm sure.

Continue like this and we will need a Arnesen-style makeover again.

I remember seeing a text from my mate saying we could go joint top if we won (I cant remember who against) because Man Utd weren't playing until Monday. How can we go from 3rd to being 5th on goal difference?

I think that one of the problems is a mercenary attitude. I dont think Adebayor sweats blood for Tottenham. Why should he? We don't even pay all his wages. Then there is the question of ego, read Bale and VDV. add 'arry's England nonsense and some really bad luck and there you have it!

Bale's ego is myth. The guy works his arse off trying to make something happen.

With DHSF

Players have f#cked us over in the SCUM game, Sunderland game, and today.

Harry has made some awful decisions this year, but he cant make the players stop playing like c#nts

He can, Wenger's done it this season and so has Ferguson! Harry gets the praise for our incredible winning run this season so he must take the blame for this utter capitulation that we have experienced.

If we get CL, then he again, will get the plaudits. If we do not he has to take all the blame.

For once I agree with KD although I think our slump is down to Harry not knowing how to keep a squad going for a whole season and having an eye on what is happening at the FA (even though he would deny that).

This. Levy surely knows this, and (I hope) will not let it go on for much longer. Saha? Nelsen? Friedel? Shocking stuff really. Old, proven, two seasons in them (tops), no sell on value, high wages. But "lovely chap to have around the club. proper family man" I'm sure.

Continue like this and we will need a Arnesen-style makeover again.
I said it when the last transfer window finished. We were going through a George Graham/Hoddle phase again. Old players for short term success. This is what happens when Levy gives free reign to redknapp to sign who he wants.

I remember seeing a text from my mate saying we could go joint top if we won (I cant remember who against) because Man Utd weren't playing until Monday. How can we go from 3rd to being 5th on goal difference?

By winning one out of our last eight games?

Bale's ego is myth. The guy works his arse off trying to make something happen.

Agree with this. If Harry told Bale to stay on the left and get chalk on his boots all game then I think he would do it. Harry wants Bale to drift and express himself, nothing to do with Bales so called 'ego'

i think the turning point was when Lineker left for Japan....it was a year too early, yen grabbing git

It's a fair point about Adebayor. If he's not having a good match he just seems to accept it's not going to happen for him. Modric is another in the category of players who aren't prepared to give 100%. That's one quality Saudi Sportswashing Machine seem to have in abundance at moment. It's almost as if some of our players believed their own hype midway through the season and since then effort has been an optional extra.

The only reason you mention Modric here is because he's high profile, a big name.
You'll never see him go missing a game like Defoe or Lennon can.

Redknapps commenst are a fudging JOKE!!

You'd think he was a fan, detached from the situation!! It's your fudging team Harry!!! If we were wide open why not change it??? And to suggest we had 4 forwards with Bale and Lennon playing is gonads.

He must think we're idiots.

I'd go further and say that press conference constitutes gross misconduct. Move him on sharpish and get some compo for him.

I'd go further and say that press conference constitutes gross misconduct. Move him on sharpish and get some compo for him.

Oh would you now.

"Location
Wembley bound!!!"

And who's the manager who's taken us to Wembley? Errrrrrrrrrr....... ](*,)

If you want the manager out, you might wanna stop tossing yourself off over going to Wembley with him in charge.

Seen this happen to Redknapp in other jobs, gets a club as far as he can, which is usually higher than where they were when he started, Harry loves taking credit on these things.

Then when everything stops working and there's no longer any progression he struggles and tried too hard to make things work (how weak was our side today seeing as we need to win every game!)

In any other job, he'd have walked by now to save face. Sadly I think he's ran out of ideas and we're having to suffer for it!

Alternatively, our first team is fudging knackered - as this supposed 'strength in depth' doesn't actually exist?

Because that's what it looks like to me. We can't rest any of the big players, and those on the sidelines can't cut the mustard. Look how brick we were when Lennon had to drop out - highlights our weaknesses. Yet, you could apply that magnifying glass to pretty much any area of the first team.

On our day, with every first team player fit - we're a world-class outfit and able to challenge with the best. The very best. Miss a few players, and our fragility is exposed; we're left having to plug square pegs into round holes and we lose confidence and momentum.

Alternatively, our first team is fudging knackered - as this supposed 'strength in depth' doesn't actually exist?

Because that's what it looks like to me. We can't rest any of the big players, and those on the sidelines can't cut the mustard. Look how brick we were when Lennon had to drop out - highlights our weaknesses. Yet, you could apply that magnifying glass to pretty much any area of the first team.

On our day, with every first team player fit - we're a world-class outfit and able to challenge with the best. The very best. Miss a few players, and our fragility is exposed; we're left having to plug square pegs into round holes and we lose confidence and momentum.

Agreed. But who were we actually missing today??

And Norwich's team is full of championship players, good ones, but championship nether the less.

Johnson and Howson struggled to get into the Leeds team, Pilkington, Holt, Ruddy......Lambert has done an amazing job with these players.

Harry gets a reach around due to Bale coming through, but he didn't play him for 2 years and was forced into it with an injury. VDV is hardly a hidden gem? And Levy got that deal done. Modders was bought by Ramos......we did well with Ade, Friedel and Parker. But Nelson and Saha?? fudge off.

If we fail to get CL football Harry must hang for me.....as a manager you take the rough with the smooth and the way he has alllowed this team to lose focus is a sackable offence IMO.

Agreed. But who were we actually missing today??

And Norwich's team is full of championship players, good ones, but championship nether the less.

Johnson and Howson struggled to get into the Leeds team, Pilkington, Holt, Ruddy......Lambert has done an amazing job with these players.

Harry gets a reach around due to Bale coming through, but he didn't play him for 2 years and was forced into it with an injury. VDV is hardly a hidden gem? And Levy got that deal done. Modders was bought by Ramos......we did well with Ade, Friedel and Parker. But Nelson and Saha?? fudge off.

If we fail to get CL football Harry must hang for me.....as a manager you take the rough with the smooth and the way he has alllowed this team to lose focus is a sackable offence IMO.

We missed Parker BIG TIME. Didn't help that Kaboul had to depart for the - rather frankly - shocking Nelson. King was already looking a bit fragile today, so to shuck bambi on alongside him was asking for trouble, especially with Ekotto oddly lacking his defensive discipline all game. Weird one that, dunno what was going on in his mind - perhaps trying to hard to turn the game in our favour? I dunno, what whatever.

Saha should only ever be a player who comes on after 80mins - shocking that he's considered a first-team option at a club considering itself as a challenger for the Champions League. The problem I suspect, is higher up though; I'm sure Harry would rather we got a ?ú25m striker in, but Harry don't pay the dough - Danny boy does, and we all know how circumspect he is with the chequebook.

Lambert drills a team spirit mentality - isn't the first manager to do it, and won't be the last. The problem he'll face, is next season when other teams will be schooled for it and wins don't come as easy. That's when all managers really earn their crust.

I agree - epic failure, if we fail to make Champions League. But there's an awful lot of assumptions going on here; some Spurs fans seem to think we win games on paper, and just need to turn up. It doesn't work like that. If the players are knackered, the oppo are going to have an instant edge. How do you win games, if you're puffing like fudge at half-time? All the fans scream for their little favourites to come on, completely oblivious to the fact their little favourites are knackered.

Results aside, I'm still up for next week. Fully expect we'll come out swinging against Chelsea, and I'll be supporting them no matter what. Yeah I want the league form to pick up - we all do - but moaning about it aint gonna solve anything. I doubt very much whether Harry wants to lose games or be going through this run of games - but it happens, and it can happen just as easily as we went through a run of winning game after game, earlier in the season. I didn't hear anyone moaning about his ability, when we were doing that?

Up's and Down's - and we just gotta hope to fudge Harry can swing by back round before the season is out.

Back