• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
things are in fact working out perfect for the FA

Redknapp is making a pigs ear out of the run in, the media campaign has thus died down, West Brom are nearly safe, the FA need to make a choice ASAP, Hodgson will take the job when offered it, and at half the wage Capello was on

genius

Redknapp's MO:

Take charge at club
Short spell of success
Make sure everyone hears what a great job you've done
Run out of ideas
Sign old players on high wages that no other manager in their right mind would want
Leave club

To you, Sir, a Gold Blue Peter badge. Spot bang on.

All the I'm not a businessman baloney, recently, doesn't wash either. All the adverts on TV? The small 'bijou' pad at Sandbanks? Some non-businessman!

Get Mourhino, whatever the cost. A true and real WINNER. The chances of that now though, IMHO, are minimal. Bet the Special One hasn't seen much in the way of 'special' in N17 lately.

Code:

Well Harry will be the next England manager!

Imagine him taking after Bosnia have just fudged us and the whole country is caning us??!

The man has the thinnest skin ever......he'll probably quit IMO, after having a shocking record.

Rooney will tell all in the press, saying he couldn't believe harry told to just 'run around a bit'

Must admit this post cheered me up :ross:

Sorry, missed out a couple of vital steps. Edited above.

Ofcourse getting us CL football, getting us to an FA Cup semi final, a Carling cup final and ANOTHER Fa Cup semi final along with maybe a top four finish (the last bit who knows)

thats pretty decent. It aint brick.

Just had a quick look at the table and the form guide over the past 10 games. You'll all be delighted to know I'm sure that only Aston Villa and Wolves have won less games over those 10. :-({|=

Ofcourse getting us CL football, getting us to an FA Cup semi final, a Carling cup final and ANOTHER Fa Cup semi final along with maybe a top four finish (the last bit who knows)

I'd say it's slightly below par considering the players, club and finances he's been given. Not terrible, but certainly no added value.

If he wins the FA Cup and finishes 4th this season then I'd call his stay here neutral considering what he had to work with.

The turning point

So what was it? I used to think the England job had affected us, but were seeing the same things that happened last season down the stretch, and there was no England job distraction then.

Personally I think it was the scum defeat. It seemed to galvanize them and knock the stuffing out of us.

You have to admit though its looking like a strong case for 'in spite of Harry' rather than 'because of...'

I said after the scum defeat we be lucky to get 5th.

Everyone laughed.

Nothings happened since to change my mind.

Too right Martin!!

Nowhere for Redknapp to hide.......we needed 5 wins last week, out of 7...now it's wins all the way until the end of the season....he DOESN'T GIVE A fudge!! Look at the ****s face!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17655183

Now then Bud! The wheels have well and truly come off now, doncha think!

Remember back in October 2008 (IIRC), on that Saturday nite, when 'Arry got the job, and the text messages were flying around thick and fast, after the massed sackings and 'cull' by Levy at WHL..... you rang me on my mobile at about 1.30 in the morning/Sunday (you bugger! :evil:). We both agreed then, that we had grave doubts about the new manager. Well we were right then and we are right now.

Pity its taken so long for him to be found out. With the resources he has had, he should have done much better over the years (some of our success has been nicely timed with spells of poor form by others. If Jol had been given the same backing, and without an interfering Football Director, I think he could have been our SAF. I have not changed my mind, as you know.

I'd say it's slightly below par considering the players, club and finances he's been given. Not terrible, but certainly no added value.

If he wins the FA Cup and finishes 4th this season then I'd call his stay here neutral considering what he had to work with.

Agree.

I have said a few times that if managers like Fergie or Jose had this squad e really would have finished higher.

There are no shades of grey then.

When we were on a hot streak, Harry king. He was the messiah. Now has transformed into a fudgewit. Is evil. Worse, useless. Incompetent.

The truth, should you seek it, is somewhere in between.

exactly and considering thaat chelsea are now a joke club changing managers every year and liverpool have gone loopy we are in a straight fight for 3rd with arsenal who are still paying off their stadium.

I expect better from redknapp and the team, it is not the league position is so bad it is the way we nose dive.

I think thats the problem. I dont think he has had the finances everyone thinks. Yeah he had it when he initially came but thats down to us fighting relegation which he got us out. But since then I am unsure he has had much money. Hence why a number of his signings have been loans etc.

If Harry was to get us fourth I would like to see what he is allowed to bring in and what he is given in terms of funds.

Armchair - you cant say that - if thats the case what were we doing before Harry came? oh yeah Ramos.

There are no shades of grey then.

When we were on a hot streak, Harry king. He was the messiah. Now has transformed into a fudgewit. Is evil. Worse, useless. Incompetent.

The truth, should you seek it, is somewhere in between.

He was never a king to me. I wish we could get posts up from the previous site because i was one of those that came on here and said i did not like him even after we were doing well. To quote daniel craig in layer cake "what was true then is true now, the truth never changes, get in and get out" he kept us up and thats when we should have moved on.

Sorry, missed out a couple of vital steps. Edited above.

Aitch actually co-owns a racehorse with Willie Mckaye who is Chimbonda's agent. funny enough... Anyone also noticed how we pay the 2nd highest in agent fees when a lot of our transfer business is outgoing. Its usually the club receiving the player that pays the fees.

I think thats the problem. I dont think he has had the finances everyone thinks. Yeah he had it when he initially came but thats down to us fighting relegation which he got us out. But since then I am unsure he has had much money. Hence why a number of his signings have been loans etc.

If Harry was to get us fourth I would like to see what he is allowed to bring in and what he is given in terms of funds.

Armchair - you cant say that - if thats the case what were we doing before Harry came? oh yeah Ramos.

I really do not want harry being given free reign on transfers i find that scary more scary then any gay dreams you might be having mate.

Could also have done with some more funds. ?ú5m for a team that hopes to be playing CL football is chump change. We have needed to BUY a striker for the last 3 windows, we haven't and it's going to cost us again.

Back