• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I think the argument on the first page, the Arsenal game one, where it's somehow levelled against Harry that he would 'throw' the Arsenal game because he knew he was off, is frankly bizzarre. Whichever way you look at it, frustrating them to a 0-0 or even taking a scrappy 1-0 win, or even taking the hit on a competitive single goal loss, is going to be far the better option against going gung-ho to try and beat them by multiple goals but potentially leaving us far too open. Harry would know that. 4-4-2 worked against Arsenal and Chelsea, and Emirates Marketing Project away, the season we got 4th. It's not the problem. We were just done because Arsenal's form could go no lower.

I'm not really annoyed at Harry. I think he's done a brilliant job because our squad doesn't have good depth beyond a very strong first 11. The game today is one of the first games this season where we have been well and truly tactically outclassed. Lambert is one of the new breed IMO, he's going to be around a long time and he well and truly got Harry here. But for most of the season, we haven't actually got outclassed in many matches. Teams like Sunderland, Wolves and Stoke have tried to frustrate us sure, but that will always happen to all teams a couple of times this in a season. We are 4th with 5 games to go, so he hasn't got a bad job.

It looks bad though, because we have come into bad form and it looks like we have blown it big time. I blame the players more, because I don't think Harry is suddenly preparing the team any differently. I think the players have well and truly bottled it, and it shows. It shows when King and Kaboul are clearing the ball straight to Norwich players allowing them to score. It shows when we are clear through on goal in numerous matches lately (Bale today, VDV against Chelsea) where we simply don't finish our chances. We aren't clinical. We are too laid back. It's ridiculous how many clear chances we miss. We have also been unlucky, because we seem to have had a stupid amount of goals chalked off for offside or handball that could have been given, and in games where we haven't played badly, we have gotten beaten by teams close to us meaning it's a more unfortunate swing. Chelsea seem to be getting away with playing extremely poorly right now and yet are getting the luck.

I think England has had an effect psychologically. Even though it shouldn't have done, England makes Spurs look less important if our manager is openly discussing the possibility that he may leave to go to that job. So when one of our players gets a clear shot on goal which they should bury 9 times out of 10, a small time mentality takes over them. They can't quite believe that they would create such a good opportunity given that they are playing for a team that, in their subconscious minds, isn't that important, and they contrive to fudge it up. It sounds ridiculous, but I think it has something to do with it. When I was supporting us say 5 years ago, and Jenas gets through 1 v 1 at Stamford Bridge, part of me expects him to miss, because we are playing the champions elect and we just aren't supposed to create such good chances. It just isn't expected, and I expected him to miss. Sure enough he missed. I think a small time mentality has taken over our club, and I do think England had everything to do with it. For the most part, we haven't been playing badly, we just haven't been ruthless.

We missed Parker BIG TIME. Didn't help that Kaboul had to depart for the - rather frankly - shocking Nelson. King was already looking a bit fragile today, so to shuck bambi on alongside him was asking for trouble, especially with Ekotto oddly lacking his defensive discipline all game. Weird one that, dunno what was going on in his mind - perhaps trying to hard to turn the game in our favour? I dunno, what whatever.

Saha should only ever be a player who comes on after 80mins - shocking that he's considered a first-team option at a club considering itself as a challenger for the Champions League. The problem I suspect, is higher up though; I'm sure Harry would rather we got a ?ú25m striker in, but Harry don't pay the dough - Danny boy does, and we all know how circumspect he is with the chequebook.

Lambert drills a team spirit mentality - isn't the first manager to do it, and won't be the last. The problem he'll face, is next season when other teams will be schooled for it and wins don't come as easy. That's when all managers really earn their crust.

I agree - epic failure, if we fail to make Champions League. But there's an awful lot of assumptions going on here; some Spurs fans seem to think we win games on paper, and just need to turn up. It doesn't work like that. If the players are knackered, the oppo are going to have an instant edge. How do you win games, if you're puffing like fudge at half-time? All the fans scream for their little favourites to come on, completely oblivious to the fact their little favourites are knackered.

Results aside, I'm still up for next week. Fully expect we'll come out swinging against Chelsea, and I'll be supporting them no matter what. Yeah I want the league form to pick up - we all do - but moaning about it aint gonna solve anything. I doubt very much whether Harry wants to lose games or be going through this run of games - but it happens, and it can happen just as easily as we went through a run of winning game after game, earlier in the season. I didn't hear anyone moaning about his ability, when we were doing that?

Up's and Down's - and we just gotta hope to fudge Harry can swing by back round before the season is out.

Nelsen did well when he came on. BAE saved Kaboul and King's arses a few times in the first half.
With regards to Parker. We were missing someone with leadership on the pitch. With Parker, Gallas and VdV not starting we missed our 3 most vocal players. There was no one the pitch to tell King to knock some heads together or give the team direction.

4th is between us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We need them to lose at Chelsea - and their London record is awful so it should happen. It will go to the wire but 4th and the Cup - now that would be a great season.

Alternatively, our first team is fudging knackered - as this supposed 'strength in depth' doesn't actually exist?

Because that's what it looks like to me. We can't rest any of the big players, and those on the sidelines can't cut the mustard. Look how brick we were when Lennon had to drop out - highlights our weaknesses. Yet, you could apply that magnifying glass to pretty much any area of the first team.

On our day, with every first team player fit - we're a world-class outfit and able to challenge with the best. The very best. Miss a few players, and our fragility is exposed; we're left having to plug square pegs into round holes and we lose confidence and momentum.

Anyone got any idea who's responsible for assembling the squad and building fitness at Spurs?

4th is between us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We need them to lose at Chelsea - and their London record is awful so it should happen. It will go to the wire but 4th and the Cup - now that would be a great season.

You do realise we have 1 win in 8 games?

Nelsen did well when he came on. BAE saved Kaboul and King's arses a few times in the first half.
With regards to Parker. We were missing someone with leadership on the pitch. With Parker, Gallas and VdV not starting we missed our 3 most vocal players. There was no one the pitch to tell King to knock some heads together or give the team direction.

Give over - VdV MOANS, you shouldn't misunderstand that to be helpful or evidence of leadership. He's an inspirational character as he often grabs the game by the scruff of the neck - often getting himself booked and even sent-off in the process. Gallas is very good positionally and is a leader - big loss. Parker leads by example and is there to put out fires - but is by no means vocal. King and Kaboul are a LOT more vocal, and both started.

Give over - VdV MOANS, you shouldn't misunderstand that to be helpful or evidence of leadership. He's an inspirational character as he often grabs the game by the scruff of the neck - often getting himself booked and even sent-off in the process. Gallas is very good positionally and is a leader - big loss. Parker leads by example and is there to put out fires - but is by no means vocal. King and Kaboul are a LOT more vocal, and both started.

Okay VdV might moan but today they needed to be moaned at.
The idea of King being for vocal than Parker is hilarious.

Redknapp and his ever changing goals for the season.

AqEqGrSCAAE5PFT.jpg

cant wait for the "confident of clinching a Europa League spot"

Okay VdV might moan but today they needed to be moaned at.
The idea of King being for vocal than Parker is hilarious.

Your 'point' is that we lacked leadership. To a degree, I agree. But we still had Ledley King and Younes Kaboul in the team - both of whom ARE vocal to those around them. We lacked leadership in the middle though, and it's not surprising that that's where Norwich were flooding forward; no discipline from the young Livermore. I don't blame him though - he's a kid, as is Bale. Both will learn from days like today though.

VdV merely moaning isn't inspiring - it can be very, very annoying - especially if his performance doesn't merit it. Anyone can moan - Robbie Keane could moan his gonads off, and often did - yet it never once got us playing any better. Gallas is one of very few who lets steam off, yet does it in a constructuve way, ie: tells those around him, in an OCD fashion, where they should be positioned. That's how to change the outcome - not moaning like a fudging girl, as VdV only ever does.

Kaboul has leadership qualities about him; strong, imposing, and well-liked within the squad. He's also not shy about voicing his opinion when he's fudged off - I've seen him rollock Walker many a time. He lacked confidence when he first came to the club, but now I see a defender who has the ability within himself to tell others their positional frailties - just as Gallas does. Nelson is fresh to the squad so, old and experienced as he is, he's never gonna pipe-up and tell those around him to sort their brick out.

Of course, with a compliant media as well.

They must be scared of him as he told someone to fudge off once!

Someone should just print the stories off and quote them back at him.

What a complete shambles of a man.

I dont think anyone realistically thought we could challenge for the title and I am sure Redknapp himself knew this. The fact that we threw the Europa league was stupid as it is a trophy we could challenge for and at worst had we continued could have put a few of our fringe players in a bigger shop window.

The morale of the story is that he should just have kept quiet. Its one thing to show ambition but another to talk flimflam.

Of course, with a compliant media as well.

They must be scared of him as he told someone to fudge off once!

Someone should just print the stories off and quote them back at him.

What a complete shambles of a man.

He has pals in the press, they bull him upbecause they know he is "rent a quote" and will always give them a story. One trophy in 30 years and according to the press he is going to be the saviour of the England team. As they say you could not make it up, par for the course for the media though.

I dont think anyone realistically thought we could challenge for the title and I am sure Redknapp himself knew this. The fact that we threw the Europa league was stupid as it is a trophy we could challenge for and at worst had we continued could have put a few of our fringe players in a bigger shop window.

The morale of the story is that he should just have kept quiet. Its one thing to show ambition but another to talk flimflam.

Why not? We were within a win of going top on a few occasions. Was only after the Emirates Marketing Project game that the title was probably gone.

You should always dream and aspire, but as you say this old 'we can push for the title' tripe made Harry, and Spurs look like mugs. Just play the old 'one game at a time' card and STFU until the end of April.

Back