• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Our squad is too weak and has glaring problems. I know this season the league standard has been low but you cant go head to head with City and Utd with our squad and finish above them over 38 games. The wheels were always going to come off, especially during the run in where we'd be unable to rotate or change our game effectively.

Brilliant!! No photoshop required....tha mans own words coming back to haunt him!!

What's he expected to say though? What's he got wrong there?

If Defoe could have got anything on Bale's centre at in the 90th minute at Emirates Marketing Project, we would have been bang in the title race right up to that point which wasn't too long ago. We looked easily like London's best team then too so Harry wasn't saying anything ridiculous. We then had some bad results but weren't exactly playing terribly, so expectations needed to be downgraded because we simply didn't have the title in us. Now, it's come to the point of the season where we just need results, and we need to get 4th.

Yes we were terrible today, and yes it looks like he is changing the expectations to cover his own back, but I really don't know what else he was supposed to say. If he said that we couldn't challenge for the title when we were bang in there, he could get accused by everyone of lacking ambition and not being the man to take us forward. If he still says we are title challengers when United have clearly sown it up he looks like a deluded fool.

He's been honest about our expectations all season, the players just haven't gone out and got the results that we needed. Harry is not blameless, he makes decisions and I think Lambert outclassed him today, but the players have not been clinical or ruthless enough in the last couple of months and it is massively disappointing. Maybe Harry should have lessened expectations, and even when we were near United and City claimed it would still be brilliant to be in the top 4, and it was lunacy to talk about the title this early in the season. Maybe that would have decreased the pressure, but he's trying to improve the mentality of this club so we aren't so small time, but it seems the players are still set like that.

Come to think of it he did always say it would be a great achievement to get in the top 4, but he also was just being honest when he said we were in with a shout when with half the season gone we were right up there. He could have still denied it, but it was clear we were pushing them. In any case I think the players should have manned up and responded, rather than collectively bricking themselves.

Last edited:
Your 'point' is that we lacked leadership. To a degree, I agree. But we still had Ledley King and Younes Kaboul in the team - both of whom ARE vocal to those around them. We lacked leadership in the middle though, and it's not surprising that that's where Norwich were flooding forward; no discipline from the young Livermore. I don't blame him though - he's a kid, as is Bale. Both will learn from days like today though.

VdV merely moaning isn't inspiring - it can be very, very annoying - especially if his performance doesn't merit it. Anyone can moan - Robbie Keane could moan his gonads off, and often did - yet it never once got us playing any better. Gallas is one of very few who lets steam off, yet does it in a constructuve way, ie: tells those around him, in an OCD fashion, where they should be positioned. That's how to change the outcome - not moaning like a fudging girl, as VdV only ever does.

Kaboul has leadership qualities about him; strong, imposing, and well-liked within the squad. He's also not shy about voicing his opinion when he's fudged off - I've seen him rollock Walker many a time. He lacked confidence when he first came to the club, but now I see a defender who has the ability within himself to tell others their positional frailties - just as Gallas does. Nelson is fresh to the squad so, old and experienced as he is, he's never gonna pipe-up and tell those around him to sort their brick out.

There's no point in King being a Leader on the pitch when he's playing like he is. He was the player who needed to be told to get his act together. Someone should have told Kaboul to pick up Holt instead of him. Kaboul and King needed to get their own act together before they could offer leadership on the pitch.

I think our biggest problem is that when the star players don't perform, like today, we turn into headless chickens, because there's absolutely no system to fall back on; nothing but vapour. I'm afraid that can only be laid at Redknapp's door.

manager picks a team and formation he doesnt believe in, and then to top off a great day says all this to the media

triffic

Exactly what i was trying to say. He doesn't even believe in the formation he was playing but starts it anyway. He then states he didn't like how we were playing and that we were far too open but the only change he does at HT is a striker for a striker and proceeds to carry on with the formation that "leaves us far too open". Does all this actually make sense?

The worst thing is that we still have a really great chance to get into the CL but with the spirit we're showing it looks miles away.

I think the rot started to set with that ridiculous loss to Stoke. The sheer absurdity of Chris Foy and his officials, and what happened on that day I think had an effect on the players.

Chelsea are 2 points behind us but they believe they'll get the 4th spot. We are bricking our pants. Harry is a mug ****. Only 2 weeks ago he was insistent he wanted 3rd. Now he's backtracking like fudge due to his fudging crap formations and brick man management. He has let these players drop their level, in a shocking way. Levy should get rid now

Chelsea are 2 points behind us but they believe they'll get the 4th spot. We are bricking our pants. Harry is a mug ****. Only 2 weeks ago he was insistent he wanted 3rd. Now he's backtracking like fudge due to his fudging crap formations and brick man management. He has let these players drop their level, in a shocking way. Levy should get rid now

Agreed - sounded like a defeated mug in the interview. Way to instil confidence int he team, hey Arry!

Drop kick him to Wembley now and let's begin the transition. The sooner this selfish clown walks the better for the club.

Seriously, wtf? Where did it all go wrong?

Feb 8 - Capello resigns and Redknapp is made favourite for the job.
Feb 11 - We destroy Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0, Saha scores two and Redknapp tells everyone his only thoughts are on Spurs.
Feb 19 - Draw 0-0 with Stevenage and people ask questions.
Feb 26 - Let a 2-0 lead against Arsenal slip and get hammered 5-2, letting in 3 goals in the second half.
Mar 4 - Unlucky loss to Man Utd which we really could've won.
Mar 7 - Beat Stevenage in the replay 3-1 with Defoe showing his class.
Mar 10 - Lose to Everton 1-0 in another game we could've won.
Mar 17 - Match against Bolton abandoned after Muamba collapses on the pitch, morale is low.
Mar 21 - Score a late equaliser against Stoke to get a draw after another bad performance.
Mar 24 - Bore draw with Chelsea, justified result with an average performance.
Mar 27 - Win in the abandoned match against Bolton 3-1, all goals coming in the last 20 minutes.
Apr 1 - First win in the PL for nearly two months, a 3-1 win over Swansea.
Apr 7 - Terrible performance against Sunderland where we barely have a shot and draw 0-0.
Apr 9 - Lose 2-1 to Norwich at home, serious questions asked.

It's been two months since Capello resigned, we should've got over the thought of Redknapp leaving a couple weeks after. Is it from Parker and King losing form? Most of our strikers on goal droughts, or not enough assists from Modric/VDV? Or Lennon being injured and leaving us with 3 CMs each game?

Redknapp got us to the position we were in, and it's Redknapp that is costing us now. How? By changing everything. Even Redknapp said pre-Xmas that football isn't a difficult game and that all he had done was play players in their favoured position and picked a balance side. Now we look a complete mess. So where did it go wrong?

1) We played 4-4-2 for the first half of the season, but more importantly than that we had a nice balance to it. Two wingers, Parker holding and VDV dropping deep. A solid base, lots of options.
2) We played a very settled side. Hardly any squad rotation. Redknapp stuck to philosophy of pick your best side.
3) A couple of injuries and all hell breaks loose. Redknapp starts playing 4-5-1, or starts inverting the wingers, or starts playing two out and out strikers alongside each other, or does a Ramos and plays players completely out of position. It became a shambles.

It's point 3 that did for us. Chopping and changing each week meant we lost all rhythm in our play.

I am hearing tiredness as an excuse, but it's flimflam. The players are pros. 50 games a season, no problem. And our lot won't have played that. Look at Norwich. Defoe, Saha, Livermore, Lennon, Kaboul or King can hardly use the excuse they're tired can they? It's complete horsebrick. Redknapp just went squad rotation and system changing mad and it cost us.

The January transfer window was a disaster too. Walker had been the weak link for weeks and he lets Corluka go? We had absolutely no cover on the right flank and he lets Pienaar go? Dawson had done well, Kaboul had been poor. All of a sudden Kaboul is regarded first choice of Dawson?! It was madness.

He has also been trying to shoehorn in Sandro at every opportunity recently, which is also crazy. Especially considering the one game he should have played was against Norwich!

Redknapp basically stopped practicing what he preaches. Football is a simple game. Fergie's teams have always played simple football for example. Each player knows where they are playing and what they are doing. Our lot don't know whether they are coming or going.

But we can still get top four. Those writing it off are somewhat foolish. The Norwich result was fudging ridiculous but Chelsea still have to play Arsenal (and unfortunately we now want Arsenal to beat them, top three is gone) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Which means they'll be taking points off of each other. It's still in our hands.

But if we are to do it then Redknapp has some very basic obvious choices to make. If he does that, we'll be fine. But I fear away from home he'll keep playing 4-5-1 (and in the FA Cup too) and that means we're basically fudged because we don't have the personnel to play that formation effectively and also you can't just chop and change between systems every other game. It simply does not work.

So Harry please.....

Play 4-4-2. Home or away, regardless of the opposition. Let them worry about us. fudge this 4-5-1 defensive play not to lose flimflam, audere est facere.
Play a settled team. These are fit athletes, they don't need rotating. Especially considering we haven't played that many games this season.
Up front one of Ade or VDV HAS to start. Preferbley both, but definitely one of them.
If Lennon is out do not re-adjust the team by moving existing players out of position. VDV plays up top leave him there. Modric plays in the middle, leave him there. Bale plays on the left, leave hm there.
In any formation the most single important outfield player on the pitch is the defensive midfielder. He is the fulcrum from which everything else spirals out from. Effectively the foundation of the entire side. This means either Parker OR Sandro has to start every single match.
Keep the back four settled as possible. If this means not introducing King every few games so be it.

If Harry sticks to the above simple formula (or rather go back to what was working pre-xmas) then top four is still very much on. But I just know against Chelsea we're going to play 4-5-1 and play not to lose......

So lets get this straight. Adebayor has gone from superb against Chelsea and Swansea, to a big mercenary who doesnt give a f#ck about Spurs because he played 45 minutes against Norwich, and did not have one pass to his feet from the midfield in that time?

Redknapp got us to the position we were in, and it's Redknapp that is costing us now. How? By changing everything. Even Redknapp said pre-Xmas that football isn't a difficult game and that all he had done was play players in their favoured position and picked a balance side. Now we look a complete mess.

=D>

Adebayor coming on for Saha

what's that got to do with anything ffs?

It's simple, Harry's done brilliantly at Spurs but he cannot sustain it for a whole season and it shows on the pitch eventually.

I knew that that loss at arsenal was going to lead to something like this but i truly hoped it wouldn't happen.

Simple, the individual brilliance of players have saved Redknaps arse on so many occasions over the last 3 years and they now seem incapable of doing it, strange one for me, do I think Redknap is a tactical dunce =yes, would I like Redknap to stay for the next 3 years = yes, the media love him and he raises the profile of our club, he does spot a bargain and the players seem to like him but mainly because the last 3 years have been fun.

One thing that worries me is that this happened this time last year after we lost in blackpool in february.........same struggles against lower place sides,the odd win here and there and by the time we sorted things out with two wins in the last two games it was too late.

i know this is clutching at straws a bit but a bit a luck we could do with,a scrappy penalty in the last minute,a blind linesman giving a goal or someone taking a pot at goal and coming off someones arse...........i cant remember anything of that sort coming our way in the last couple of months.

Some fickle c#nts in this thread.....if we turn it around and have some success this season, please dont start crying and whinging when people remind you all of the things you said about Redknapp.

The Emirates Marketing Project game was the moment I knew we wouldn't win the title... Champions don't come back from 2-0 down only to lose 3-2 to a fudging departed lunatic who shouldn't even have been on the pitch at that point... the Arse - Emirates Marketing Project game the other day shows you that the 'swings and roundabouts' theory actually doesn't apply... 'cos THAT justice was meted out to benefit our rivals, not us...

The Arse game at 2-0 up again shows you what WE should've done at Emirates Marketing Project... when WE go 2-0 down and come back to draw level at 2-2... we STILL go on and lose to a last minute goal, yet when we're 2-0 up, allowing the opposition to draw level, instead of taking the Emirates Marketing Project experience on board and saying 'fudge you and your two-goal comeback, here's a last minute winner to truly fudge you up' we did the exact opposite and capitulated to hand ArseAnal the initiative in what seems like every game since, whereas our form has taken a kicking, along with our confidence...

that's the 'footballing' part of it... the media's obsession with making sure Harry is mentioned for the England job every time a fudging ex-player or pundit opens their fudging mouth since February is a mere sideshow... the media would LOVE us to fail, and if they have played a major part in unsettling our players who are too fudging stupid not TO LET IT AFFECT THEM, then all the better.

Part 1 of our season - we've never had it so good... I love watching us play... finish above Arsenal? sod that, we're gonna win the title...
Part 2 of our season - I never saw that defeat coming... we believed our own hype and got sloppy as a direct result!

I've said it before, but the TRUE turning point when I simply KNEW the wheels would come off, was the moment Ade scored the penalty at the Emirates to put us 2-0 up... and every one of those players (for reasons best known to them) looked arrogant, as if; "yeah, 2-0, job done... onto the next game, this one is won" AT 40 MINUTES IN... WHEN WE WERE LUCKY TO BE 1-0 UP, LET ALONE fudging 2!!! They truly adopted a momentary Gooner-esque arrogance that we've been paying for ever since, how very DARE they assume the job was done, they're fudging idiots if they did!

Back