• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
so when we were being pumped by Emirates Marketing Project, Arse, Man U, Everton we were told its because of the quality of the opposition, difficult grounds to go to etc

whats the excuse now

The manner of the capitulation at Arsenal. Had it been a bog standard 2-1 defeat then we would have moved on but the way it all fell apart there I think affected us badly. I actually think from how the original cup tie with Bolton was panning out that we would have lost that tie had it not been for the awful Muamba situation.

Thats how bad we have been since the Arsenal game.

I really do not want harry being given free reign on transfers i find that scary more scary then any gay dreams you might be having mate.

No im not talking about free reigns. Im talking about Levy bringing in a striker? a defender? I am 1005 certain Harry wanted reinforcements but what was the Boards brief to Harry in the summer? No signings UNTIL we reduce squad size, reduce wage bill, bring in transfer fees yourself. Hence why Harry just tried to get as many off the wage bill as possible and as quickly as possible. Therefore to say Harry has had alot of money I dont think is fair.

He was never a king to me. I wish we could get posts up from the previous site because i was one of those that came on here and said i did not like him even after we were doing well. To quote daniel craig in layer cake "what was true then is true now, the truth never changes, get in and get out" he kept us up and thats when we should have moved on.

Who were Bale, Modric, Lennon, Walker, BAE before Harry? Certainly not ?ú100+ million of talent. If you think he offers nothing or achieve nothing more than keeping us up, then that is like seeing an Oak as a bonsai tree. er what ever that means :)

That's the point, he's not king, and he's not a fool either. He does offer a lot, but you do feel there is a need for a number 2. Someone who can focus on structure and organisation. We don't play efficient football. As Hansen puts it, playing percentages.

Could also have done with some more funds. ?ú5m for a team that hopes to be playing CL football is chump change. We have needed to BUY a striker for the last 3 windows, we haven't and it's going to cost us again.

i think he's had the funds but maybe his main targets were players Levy didnt agree with (too old, too expensive, no sell on value)

the way Redknapp was talking last summer, he would have done a deal with Chelsea and sold Modric to them. Probably would have demanded Drogba as part of the deal. Levy wanted none of it. Im sure these two clashed on a regular basis. Levy is protecting the club

If had to guess I would guess the Arsenal game as well. Up until then we had a (somewhat) realistic title hope and the players and Harry seemed to believe in it. After that loss we didn't really have that anymore, someone made a "the season is over" thread on here and it seemed the team had a similar response and wanted to just cruise in to a CL spot and be done with the season. Now we're struggling to get going again, afraid of losing, low on confidence and the will to really go out there and run ourselves into the ground for a win seems gone.

He was never a king to me. I wish we could get posts up from the previous site because i was one of those that came on here and said i did not like him even after we were doing well. To quote daniel craig in layer cake "what was true then is true now, the truth never changes, get in and get out" he kept us up and thats when we should have moved on.

Dude you were sending me pMs about what you would do to Harry etc cos you loved him so much and how jealous you were of Sandra

I would go even further back and say the last minute defeat at City

I dunno matey, I think there was a somewhat glorious failure in that defeat. The Balotelli incident, the fact we were 0-2 down and got back to 2-2 and could have won it. We went out straight after, beat Wigan and Saudi Sportswashing Machine and drew at Liverpool.

The Arsenal defeat was so bad for morale even during the game. At 0-2 up we looked really nervous and open and proceeded to get smashed to pieces. I think that complete extinguished any hope we had of staying in the title race plus the players knew we had 3-4 really tough fixtures coming up as well so any belief they had left was torn up the very next against Man Utd.

all stems from the England scenario for me, other stuff comes in to it but once the media campaign to unsettle Harry was in full force is when we started to slip - maybe we would have done so anyway, based on last seasons fade out as others have mentioned elsewhere - but maybe we wouldn't have - one thing is for sure If a manager is distracted and the players which hold him in high regard think he is off then that can cause significant change mentally.

also think the media campaign was a deliberate effort to derail our season, the whole thing stinks

Problem I have with Harry is that the longer he stays as manager, the more the squad will be filled with short-term loans and 33+ year old players, meaning an increasing amount of the work for the guy who follows him. If Harry leaves this summer, the new guy will already have to sign 1,possibly 2 keepers, at least one CB, cover for Lennon and two CFs. Thats assuming we retain players like Modric and Bale. And the big problem with replacing those players is that the new guy has to build a spine of a team as we have no established CB pairing (and no real top 4 standard CB) and no settled partnership of owned-CFs.

I do feel that there is a decent amount of quality in teh squad however we dont have a manager with the ability to build a team and system. Harry is a great man-manager and motivator however tactically he is extradordinarily weak and we risk people like Modric and Bale giving up with Spurs and moving on before we have a top class manager in

What really tinkled me off was when we played Liverpool with no fudging manager. It was an abject performance against a tinkle poor Liverpool side. It was the first in a series of no shows in away games. It tinkled me off so much. Ridiculous that the manager misses a game cos hes in court for being a fudgeig dodgy spiv.

Then the england nonsense followed.

Harry ain't subtle is he?

An away game up at Sunderland; Harry goes super-defensive with 3 in midfield, 2 of which are pure DM hackers.
As luck would have it, they set up super deep to defend at all costs, so we nullified one another.

A home game against lowly Norwich; Harry goes super-attacking as we need 3 points. He plays 442 with no DM at all, just Modric and Livermore.
Surely that will result in goals for us, all 6 players looking forward and capable of contributing to goals.
As luck would have it, they dominated us and we couldn't handle the mighty Pilkington and Bennet dream team.

I think we just need to calm down and go back to basics - start off with 3 in midfield, but not 2 cloggers. You shouldn't need 2 cloggers when you have 3 in the middle.

Simple as that.

Or if you realllly want to have 442 then put in at least one clogger, not zero cloggers.

Simple pimple.

all stems from the England scenario for me, other stuff comes in to it but once the media campaign to unsettle Harry was in full force is when we started to slip - maybe we would have done so anyway, based on last seasons fade out as others have mentioned elsewhere - but maybe we wouldn't have - one thing is for sure If a manager is distracted and the players which hold him in high regard think he is off then that can cause significant change mentally

A loss of focus has to have occurred because of the court case. Without doubt. Missing training sessions and games. No doubt the England brick perpetuated a lack of management concentration. We needed full focus. We looked to have got it back, but then today's awful formation and fatigue, fudged us in imo.

Problem I have with Harry is that the longer he stays as manager, the more the squad will be filled with short-term loans and 33+ year old players, meaning an increasing amount of the work for the guy who follows him. If Harry leaves this summer, the new guy will already have to sign 1,possibly 2 keepers, at least one CB, cover for Lennon and two CFs. Thats assuming we retain players like Modric and Bale. And the big problem with replacing those players is that the new guy has to build a spine of a team as we have no established CB pairing (and no real top 4 standard CB) and no settled partnership of owned-CFs.

I do feel that there is a decent amount of quality in teh squad however we dont have a manager with the ability to build a team and system. Harry is a great man-manager and motivator however tactically he is extradordinarily weak and we risk people like Modric and Bale giving up with Spurs and moving on before we have a top class manager in

Spot on. This summer is massive. It does have a somewhat house of cards feel about it. As long as Harry is in charge your always going to have that temporary feel about the place; he's so non committal and is Arse and West Ham at heart anyway.

What really tinkled me off was when we played Liverpool with no fudging manager. It was an abject performance against a tinkle poor Liverpool side. It was the first in a series of no shows in away games. It tinkled me off so much. Ridiculous that the manager misses a game cos hes in court for being a fudgeig dodgy spiv.

Then the england nonsense followed.

Completely agree. Hope the team can get all this out of their system too and move on quickly. We still have 3rd or 4th to flight for and the FA cup. !!!!

I would go even further back and say the last minute defeat at City

I'd go even further and say the 1-1 at home to Wolves. We just couldn't break them down that day. And at the end it looked like we were never gonna score.
After that our title shot was over for many of the players. Once they stopped believing they had nothing to play for. Thought they'd coast in for the rest of the season.

Back