• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I don't say this lightly, but with the decisions Harry has taken to keep going with Saha, he must be getting a cut of the sell on fee when he goes when 'arry has fudged off to england, hence why he is being pushed into the team. That can be the only reason.

HHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????????????????????

But did he change it, or just watch the clusterfudgers bum us for 60 minutes?

Yeah he changed it by making us even more open with the introduction of VDV and the removal of Livemore.

He goes on in that BBC clip saying "oh people tell me we look better when we play 4-4-2/it doesnt work because we had 2 forwards who neither want to drop deep etc etc". 2 points to this. Firstly when we were on form at the start of the season and playing our best football we certainly weren't playing an outright 4-4-2 so i dont know who is meant to be telling him this (or why he has listened to them). Secondly if he knew that setting up 4-4-2 with the players out there today was going to leave us horrendously open as neither forward wanted to be the player to drop deep to assist and as a team we were unbalanced in favour of attacking then why did he decide it was a good idea to go ahead with this ingenious plan? He's basically said he knew this would be the case before hand but decided to do it anyway. Can anyone explain this way of thinking to me because i just dont get it.

Redknapp's comments are a fudging JOKE!!

You'd think he was a fan, detached from the situation!! It's your fudging team Harry!!! If we were wide open why not change it??? And to suggest we had 4 forwards with Bale and Lennon playing is gonads.

He must think we're idiots.

Well he has called us that on several occasions over the last two seasons, he is beginning to show his true colours and there are a lot of fans beginning to realize that he is not the messiah.

oh my GHod, did Redknapp just say that he played 442 even though he doesnt believe in that system, he played it "because other people say we are better when we play 442"

is he reading GG, is GG influencing Harry Redknapp

wtf?

he is the manager, he has to believe in his decisions. How long has he been in the game, 2 fcuking minutes?](*,)

We had this thread earlier this season.....I stated my views then.

We played well and Harry was the messiah.

It turns out he was a very naughty boy after all!

Yeah he changed it by making us even more open with the introduction of VDV and the removal of Livemore.

He goes on in that BBC clip saying "oh people tell me we look better when we play 4-4-2/it doesnt work because we had 2 forwards who neither want to drop deep etc etc". 2 points to this. Firstly when we were on form at the start of the season and playing our best football we certainly weren't playing an outright 4-4-2 so i dont know who is meant to be telling him this (or why he has listened to them). Secondly if he knew that setting up 4-4-2 with the players out there today was going to leave us horrendously open as neither forward wanted to be the player to drop deep to assist and as a team we were unbalanced in favour of attacking then why did he decide it was a good idea to go ahead with this ingenious plan? He's basically said he knew this would be the case before hand but decided to do it anyway. Can anyone explain this way of thinking to me because i just dont get it.

Exactly this, he plays tactics then comes out at the end of the game stating that the tactics were wrong. Did he not see this at the start?

To be fair, tactics can either turn out to be right or wrong, the proof is in the pudding, with the best will in the world you cant always predict how the tactics will turn out, its all theory untill you get onto the pitch and kick off

Not that i am defending Harry, the man manager of the decade should be able to get us fired up from the position we were in 12 points clear

oh my GHod, did Redknapp just say that he played 442 even though he doesnt believe in that system, he played it "because other people say we are better when we play 442"

is he reading GG, is GG influencing Harry Redknapp

wtf?

he is the manager, he has to believe in his decisions. How long has he been in the game, 2 fcuking minutes?](*,)

If he was reading GG we'd be playing 'Affy's wonky. I remember when we played the wonky under BMJ with Lee patrolling the left flank with Edgar tainio carrick and lennon in midfield. I do wish we had someone like Davids in CM barking orders around and asking for nothing but the best from the players. Someone like gallas but in CM.

Exactly this, he plays tactics then comes out at the end of the game stating that the tactics were wrong. Did he not see this at the start?

It's certainly not the first time.

He has come out after the game before and basically said "ooh it was terrible we were getting battered in midfield... so I just left it how it was"

Was it against Arsenal or Chelsea a few months ago when he said something like: "Yeah Brian I could see they were all over us and we weren't getting a sniff and it was only a matter of time until they scored, eventually they did so I changed it up a bit and...."

I mean, SERIOUSLY Harry!?

Maybe next game he could try a bit of "Well I knew it would be suicidal to play 5 up top so I did that for 82 minutes and then swapped Friedel for Defoe"

It's amazing how he gets away with it - he thinks we're fools because he is treated like Einstein when he clearly isn't

Surely a journalist should ask him "Why didn't you change it earlier then?"

Can anyone explain this way of thinking to me because i just dont get it

He's made friends with the players, he's had the odd holiday to Monaco, he's made some funny comments to all his mates in the press. Now you want thinking too? How much can one man do?

Seriously though, if you want thinking when it comes to football I can find stacks of Portsmouth and Southampton fans who'll tell you you're looking at the wrong man.

Code:
Its all looking very Mike Bassett at the moment

Well Harry will be the next England manager!

Imagine him taking after Bosnia have just fudged us and the whole country is caning us??!

The man has the thinnest skin ever......he'll probably quit IMO, after having a shocking record.

Rooney will tell all in the press, saying he couldn't believe harry told to just 'run around a bit'

As i have said many times i do not believe the FA will offer Redknapp the job, so unless Redknapp does what he usally does when the going get tough for him and walks, we are stuck with him.

Code:

Well Harry will be the next England manager!

Imagine him taking after Bosnia have just fudged us and the whole country is caning us??!

The man has the thinnest skin ever......he'll probably quit IMO, after having a shocking record.

Rooney will tell all in the press, saying he couldn't believe harry told to just 'run around a bit'

Don't forget all of England's corners hitting the first man and free kicks ending up in row z.

Haven't read the thread but it really feels at times Arry commits more to his column inches and the media than he is to the current team - that part is knee-jerk and open for critisicm.

My main concern however is that if he wants the England job - he should have just come out and said it and let us seek a new manager. That way we'll hate him for dumping on us now but at least we'd appreciate his dream (kind of). What I cannot take is that at the beginning of the season we're fighting our asses off to keep the likes of Modric but when it comes to the end of the season, what the fudge do the so-called top players think when our manager cannot just come out and say "I've not been offered the England job but I love it here and want to stay for the next few years as we have a great project". This is the same guy that seems to hate travelling too far yet is willing to take on a job that may see him constantly travelling to the outer reaches of Europe.

How can players commit when it seems our manager can not?

And I'm from the pro-Arry camp!

MO:

Take charge at club
Sign Chimbonda
Sell Chimbonda

Short spell of success
Make sure everyone hears what a great job you've done
Run out of ideas
Sign old players on high wages that no other manager in their right mind would want
Leave club

Sorry, missed out a couple of vital steps. Edited above.

He's made friends with the players, he's had the odd holiday to Monaco, he's made some funny comments to all his mates in the press. Now you want thinking too? How much can one man do?

Seriously though, if you want thinking when it comes to football I can find stacks of Portsmouth and Southampton fans who'll tell you you're looking at the wrong man.

:lol:

Its just so unbelievably backwards. He knew it wouldnt work, he knew there were flaws in the set up of the team but thought "whatever, lets just roll the dice and see what happens".

I really have as i've said in other threads tried to stay positive throughtout this disastrous run, ive accepted its been "just one of those days" time and time again and really did believe we would turn it around at some point. But that comment....no i lie.....that whole interview has done it for me. He even said that players attitude has been first class all season. Has he seen their performances recently? What about the run since christmas has been first class? They look lethargic, they look like they dont care. They are playing like there is nothing to fight for.

I need to chill out, theres no need to get so wound up over it [-(

Back