• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
im not sure how anyone can deny the link between Harry & England kick starting our slide in to the mess we currently find ourselves in.

I'm not even sure we can fully blame it on the England thing. We've taken 12 points from the past 11 games. We actually did something very similar last season too. I don't know if its bottling, distraction, apathy, fitness. I have no idea. But its pathetic to see the points gap we've given up. Just 2 months ago, we were still being talked about as the outsiders for the title (wrongly imo) but we'd worked hard to isolate ourselves from the dogfight for 4th below. Now, not only have we dragged ourselves down into that dogfight, almost impossibly considering the points gap we had, but we're looking very likely to lose it.

If we don't finish in the top 4 now, Redknapp and the players deserve shooting. It would be a monumental collapse even by Tottenham's standards.

As an aside, I reckon if the shoe had been on the other foot today, and it was us that had been denied a clear penalty when it was 1-0, away at a superior team, just seconds before this team equalised, we'd subsequently have collapsed. A la the 5-2. We'd all then be coming on here bemoaning how the refs are corrupt, how Webb or Foy hate us/love Man utd. But Norwich overcame this. And actually won.

I cannot believe the battle we now have to secure a top 4 place.

im not sure how anyone can deny the link between Harry & England kick starting our slide in to the mess we currently find ourselves in.

Because correlation doesn't equal causation and we've seen an identical slide one year ago without Capello resigning.

personally, i prefer a manager who loves a good squat

2011-06-23-14-53-02-5-andre-villas-boas-is-one-of-the-most-wanted-coach.jpeg

wonder if his knees crack when he gets up

Hang on... Isn't 'arry's main strength meant to be that he is a great motivator? brick I must have missed it over the last six weeks!

Defining moment for me today

75 mins, Norwich 2-1 up, Lambert and Grant going mad on touchline, building their players up, getting them to work harder, focus more..

Our 3 mongs in Harry, Joe and Bond just sitting there..

Pathetic

Ive noticed that for a few months now.

When we need encouragement, theyre all fudging sitting on their arses doing nothing

the problem when motivation and man management are your only skills is that eventually their effects wear off. There is no substance there

and the season before when we had something to fight for we finished strongly

We had something to fight for last season. I remember after we went up to Sunderland, without any of our first choice midfield and won, there was genuine and warranted optimism that we could and should finish top 4. We inexplicably collapsed after that. Then when it looked like even Liverpool might catch us and we'd have to start our season in July, the players bucked up and came up with a few wins at the end.

We had something to fight for last season. I remember after we went up to Sunderland, without any of our first choice midfield and won, there was genuine and warranted optimism that we could and should finish top 4. We inexplicably collapsed after that. Then when it looked like even Liverpool might catch us and we'd have to start our season in July, the players bucked up and came up with a few wins at the end.

so out of the previous two seasons we flop in one and fight till the death in the other - don't think that it's enough to rule out the idea that Redknapp has lost his motivation/desire to to all the England stuff

taking in to account last season we had the added Champions League games which (wrongly IMO) took priority over the league at times so could have been a rather obvious reason as to why we faded

Last edited:
The sooner he fudges off to England the better. Shove all the kneejerk replies up your arses. Anyone who still believes we are heading in the right direction is a deluded fool. Look at the form. Look at the inept performances. All those overpaid fudging tossers thought they had it sewn up. Harrys head was turned by the England job and all of a sudden he became the fudging media's darling, laughing and joking in every interview when the England job was raised, instead of firmly putting it to bed and concentrating on his fudging job. We are a laughing stock now. It's just not good enough. Dont you just love being a fudging spurs fan? Never fail to let us down. Well done lads, I'm sure you'll all be gutted picking up your pay packets at the end of the week. You make me fudging sick.

This.

It would be a disaster if Redknapp stayed at Spurs. Never rated him. A ****ney barrow boy, with all the patter and self-marketing. You could have put Mickey Mouse in after Ramos, and he would have done better. Redknapp is a master of seizing opportunity, timing and promoting himself.

We blew up after Blackpool away last year, and we blew up with the Filth away game and thereafter this season. Same old same old, except that this season we had been in a CL place virtually all of it, and 10 points clear of The Unclean only a few weeks ago. That is obscene, even by Tottenham standards of fudging it up.

It would be a miracle if we get CL now. Our form is atrocious. The concertina effect of this on players and signings is obvious.

so out of the previous two seasons we flop in one and fight till the death in the other - don't think that it's enough to rule out the idea that Redknapp has lost his motivation/desire to to all the England stuff

taking in to account last season we had the added Champions League games which (wrongly IMO) took priority over the league at times so could have been a rather obvious reason as to why we faded

Mate, I'm talking about the collapse this season and the collapse last. Both started at around the same time and both have continued into the end of the season.

I think the England thing has certainly had a role to play but its too simple to blame it on just that imo, especially when we did the exact same thing at the end of last season.

Our SQUAD is OVER fudging RATED. Our back up players are brick. It needed new blood but Harry couldnt buy anyone because of what the board wanted i.e. reduce wages, squad size and ultimately bring in transfer fees.

The board were telling him to spend. The only reason we needed to reduce our squad was because we had more than the PL Registration limit of players over the age of 21. Keeping them but not being allowed to play them would be a waste of money. I don't think Levy has done anything wrong. And yes our back up players are not up to scratch

defoe, saha, krancjar, nelsen, are not up for 4th place whilst sandro and livermore have stagnated due to lack of playing time. The squad is not big enough at all and the buck lies with redknapp for that.

Back