• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
The England thing is a red herring. Same would have happened if Capello were still in situ. Our fitness training is a joke - we pick up knocks virtually every game and our intensity levels drop around the same time every season.

We're not playing much worse or less organised than the first half of the season. The difference is that we're no longer picking up points that we don't really deserve.

I can't see any evidence, in terms of his ideas or transfer policy (let's face it, his overall market record is not better than Comolli or others before him) that it will ever get any better than this under Redknapp. In fairness, he's done much better than I expected for what I considered an average, mid-level manager.

This era is pretty much over now. Whatever any of us think of him, he will leave for England when they approach. The task of finding the next man should be underway. We either play safe, and go for someone like Moyes, who will certainly not make us any worse but possibly not right to take us up a level, OR we take the new training ground, stadium, good squad/financial status/reputation as the last opportunity to go for it and get someone who will take us to the elite proper. We're unlikely to be such an attractive proposition to a top level coach again beyond this point. Crunch time.

I agree. We saw the same drop in form last season at around the same time. Meanwhile we were able to keep up performances this season during Harry's court case that should have been as much of a distraction as the England job. Other factors at play here.

And you dont think the players deserve criticism?

I fudgein do. Players get off WAY too lightly - its always the Manager. Those players let things get to their heads. The likes of Bale, Ade, Walker etc have all been brick recently.

Managers job to make sure this doesn't happen.

He got it totally wrong.

We should have sent the reserves up to Sunderland and make sure we had the fit players to get 3 points at home vs Norwich.

A point at Sunderland wasnt important, we needed to win here today.

451 suits everyone especially modric lennon and van der vaart so i cant see why he wanted to change it.

I actually think he started 442 just so saha and defoe could get some game time.

he. would. have. been. slaughtered.

How did this happen?

Seriously, wtf? Where did it all go wrong?

Feb 8 - Capello resigns and Redknapp is made favourite for the job.
Feb 11 - We destroy Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0, Saha scores two and Redknapp tells everyone his only thoughts are on Spurs.
Feb 19 - Draw 0-0 with Stevenage and people ask questions.
Feb 26 - Let a 2-0 lead against Arsenal slip and get hammered 5-2, letting in 3 goals in the second half.
Mar 4 - Unlucky loss to Man Utd which we really could've won.
Mar 7 - Beat Stevenage in the replay 3-1 with Defoe showing his class.
Mar 10 - Lose to Everton 1-0 in another game we could've won.
Mar 17 - Match against Bolton abandoned after Muamba collapses on the pitch, morale is low.
Mar 21 - Score a late equaliser against Stoke to get a draw after another bad performance.
Mar 24 - Bore draw with Chelsea, justified result with an average performance.
Mar 27 - Win in the abandoned match against Bolton 3-1, all goals coming in the last 20 minutes.
Apr 1 - First win in the PL for nearly two months, a 3-1 win over Swansea.
Apr 7 - Terrible performance against Sunderland where we barely have a shot and draw 0-0.
Apr 9 - Lose 2-1 to Norwich at home, serious questions asked.

It's been two months since Capello resigned, we should've got over the thought of Redknapp leaving a couple weeks after. Is it from Parker and King losing form? Most of our strikers on goal droughts, or not enough assists from Modric/VDV? Or Lennon being injured and leaving us with 3 CMs each game?

I think that one of the problems is a mercenary attitude. I dont think Adebayor sweats blood for Tottenham. Why should he? We don't even pay all his wages. Then there is the question of ego, read Bale and VDV. add 'arry's England nonsense and some really bad luck and there you have it!

John Terry.

If he doesn't call Anton Ferdinand what he "allegedly" did, then none of this happens. The racist straw that broke the badger's season

People on here constantly slate Moyes, but he gets every fudging drop out of a very thin squad, with fudge all to spend, constantly has to sell his best players. At least he would give us some guts and fight!

The injustice of it all baffles me. In the summer, if we finish outside the top four, Bale, Modric, and everyone with an ounce of talent in them will be angrily demanding a move. Yet, it's these very same players that
have let us and themselves down with their display today. Where's the fudging justice?

Exactly this is what fudges me off more than anything, and you can be sure as fudge that when they are angling for big money moves you'll get the usual sycophantic tacos saying tat these are top players who deserve to be playing at the top level ie in the champions league....well sorry but they don't deserve that having bottled the opportunity so comprehensively with spurs. Chucking a 13 point lead away = bottle job ****s. So fudging angry!!!

Exactly this is what fudges me off more than anything, and you can be sure as fudge that when they are angling for big money moves you'll get the usual sycophantic tacos saying tat these are top players who deserve to be playing at the top level ie in the champions league....well sorry but they don't deserve that having bottled the opportunity so comprehensively with spurs. Chucking a 13 point lead away = bottle job ****s. So fudging angry!!!

=D>

Defining moment for me today

75 mins, Norwich 2-1 up, Lambert and Grant going mad on touchline, building their players up, getting them to work harder, focus more..

Our 3 mongs in Harry, Joe and Bond just sitting there..

Pathetic

People on here constantly slate Moyes, but he gets every fudging drop out of a very thin squad, with fudge all to spend, constantly has to sell his best players. At least he would give us some guts and fight!

im not sure even he could give us guts and fight, maybe temporarily but eventually Spurs will always revert back to be the Spurs we know so well. Its ingrained

Defining moment for me today

75 mins, Norwich 2-1 up, Lambert and Grant going mad on touchline, building their players up, getting them to work harder, focus more..

Our 3 mongs in Harry, Joe and Bond just sitting there..

Pathetic

personally, i prefer a manager who loves a good squat

2011-06-23-14-53-02-5-andre-villas-boas-is-one-of-the-most-wanted-coach.jpeg

Back