• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Do you people know where we were before Harry came in?

Show the man some respect; We have a cup semi next week.

at the end of the day formations mean nothing if the players selected on the field do not perform. The players need to take the blame for our slump in form. We dealing with professional football players playing football for a living and a fudging good one. fatigue, formations , players playing out of postion are excuses that are discussed time and time on this board. I dont buy it we have the players to beat most teams in premier league no matter what. To me it boils down to 1 thing - HOW BAD DO YOU WANT and based on the last month so not bad enough. Yes you gonna have good days and bad days and you gonna have days when things will go for you and against you but if you done have the desire or determination then you aint got a fudging chance.

Isn't that excuse equally valid for every single manager in the world though? At least in the top leagues...

Harry has had over 3 years now to instill the attitude you want into this group of players, if the attitude isn't right he should shoulder at least some of the blame.

Redknapp's MO:

Take charge at club
Short spell of success
Make sure everyone hears what a great job you've done
Run out of ideas
Sign old players on high wages that no other manager in their right mind would want
Leave club

At least "the sight is in end" to quote another of our former managers.

Isn't that excuse equally valid for every single manager in the world though? At least in the top leagues...

Harry has had over 3 years now to instill the attitude you want into this group of players, if the attitude isn't right he should shoulder at least some of the blame.

I go into work tomorrow my Manager isnt in all week. If my attitude stinks all week - whose fault is it? its mine, not my Managers Im a grown man, I take pride in my work and how I perform.

Players should not be spoon fed and hand held - theyre all grown fudgein men.

They should go home tonight and question whether they want to be playing against Barcelona next season or some johnny foreigner club from a country we have never heard of

I will show respect to an incompetent manager, to a damn right dreadful manager but to a manager that i feel is thinking about himself more than the club? nah i will show no repect at all.

I think that Harry needs to fess up - either he is staying or he is going. This whole ongoing 'will he - won't he' process is ruining Spurs' best ever PL season. Personally I would like him to stay, but if he is going to take the England job (which let's face it, is a waste of time anyway, but thats up to him) then I think he should simply leave now so we can move on. I don't buy it when people in the media say that players are not affected by such issues, and I think our results since Capello resigned prove this.

The players must bear some responsibility as well, though. Far too much ill discipline and lethargy in their performances, and I worry that games like today are because the players turn up thinking they'll automatically win. It doesn't seem all that fair to pick out individuals, but I do agree that Bale needs to stick rigidly to the left and not mince about in the middle/ on the right/ wherever else he goes off to.

Is the game up for us this season? Well Saudi Sportswashing Machine keep winning (though not entirely sure how), Chelsea keep winning (dodgy decisions) and Arse keep winning (belief and plenty of luck) and I can't really see where we are going to win games. I hate to say it, but I can see us finishing as low as sixth. Bugger.

He doesn't exactly have a choice in the matter any more. He's going.

They should go home tonight and question whether they want to be playing against Barcelona next season or some johnny foreigner club from a country we have never heard of

The injustice of it all baffles me. In the summer, if we finish outside the top four, Bale, Modric, and everyone with an ounce of talent in them will be angrily demanding a move. Yet, it's these very same players that
have let us and themselves down with their display today. Where's the fudging justice?

We had a 5th place finish with a poorer team than this. Exact same as we finished last season (and will this season).
And we won one of those pointless 2 bit trophies we're competing for next week.

Harrys mistake was not playing Sandro today. If he knew he would have to rest him today, he shouldn't have played on Saturday.

Yes the players should take some responsibility but it is no good denying the impact a good/poor manager has. Otherwise there would be no point having a manager. It is no coincidence that Ferguson's side is a consistent high performer (even in transition) -even though the collection of players hasn't looked that great at times -while Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea, with a procession of managers, have had patchy performance despite all the money they have thrown at their players and teams.

I go into work tomorrow my Manager isnt in all week. If my attitude stinks all week - whose fault is it? its mine, not my Managers Im a grown man, I take pride in my work and how I perform.

Players should not be spoon fed and hand held - theyre all grown fudgein men.

If you have one or two, or even more colleagues at work who have a poor attitude, who don't take pride in their work or show professionalism, how long should you just blame them and at what point is it up to your manager to do something about it?

I'm not saying that none of the blame should be on the players. I'm saying it's divided between the players and the manager.

Isn't Harry supposed to be a great motivator and man manager? Is that all flimflam? If it's not his responsibility, why is that brought up as one of his strengths?

Harrys mistake was not playing Sandro today. If he knew he would have to rest him today, he shouldn't have played on Saturday.

Did you not see Sandro's last game? I like the guy and rate him but he has been poor lately.

The reality today was Harry set up to play an open game that would be end to end. There would be lots of chances at both ends. Harry expected we would take our chances and our defence would see off Norwich. It didnt work out that way.

Yip agree totally makes you think dont it.

Did you not see Sandro's last game? I like the guy and rate him but he has been poor lately.

The reality today was Harry set up to play an open game that would be end to end. There would be lots of chances at both ends. Harry expected we would take our chances and our defence would see off Norwich. It didnt work out that way.

I agree. The way we defended against long balls today would have been laughable if it wasn't tragical.

I think the point is he will not get the bonus next year of the champs league and does not care, he wont get the extra money and sandra can not go and buy some new shoes.

The England thing is a red herring. Same would have happened if Capello were still in situ. Our fitness training is a joke - we pick up knocks virtually every game and our intensity levels drop around the same time every season.

We're not playing much worse or less organised than the first half of the season. The difference is that we're no longer picking up points that we don't really deserve.

I can't see any evidence, in terms of his ideas or transfer policy (let's face it, his overall market record is not better than Comolli or others before him) that it will ever get any better than this under Redknapp. In fairness, he's done much better than I expected for what I considered an average, mid-level manager.

This era is pretty much over now. Whatever any of us think of him, he will leave for England when they approach. The task of finding the next man should be underway. We either play safe, and go for someone like Moyes, who will certainly not make us any worse but possibly not right to take us up a level, OR we take the new training ground, stadium, good squad/financial status/reputation as the last opportunity to go for it and get someone who will take us to the elite proper. We're unlikely to be such an attractive proposition to a top level coach again beyond this point. Crunch time.

i dont think the FA want Redknapp, they want Hodgson and know that Hodgson will also accept the 3 mill a year on offer

i think we will remain with Redknapp for a few more years

Back