• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Mate, I'm talking about the collapse this season and the collapse last. Both started at around the same time and both have continued into the end of the season.

I think the England thing has certainly had a role to play but its too simple to blame it on just that imo, especially when we did the exact same thing at the end of last season.

i know you are but if you are looking back at last season i think it's only fair to look back one more - as it adds weight to either way of looking at it. last season we had extra games which we did not the year before or this season - so that can be used as a reason as to why we fell away last season.

im not saying it's solely down to the England thing - but i think that it would be foolish to dismiss it's importance (more so for others than yourself) i think it's probably the over riding factor along with Redknapps alarmingly erratic team selections these past few weeks - which i think can be linked somewhat to the England thing.

yes we fell away last season but there were over factors which need to be taken in to account which makes a straight comparison between now and then unfair (IMO)

I'll always laugh at arsenal. The only embarrassing thing is the amount of you lot who pander to them.

i know you are but if you are looking back at last season i think it's only fair to look back one more - as it adds weight to either way of looking at it. last season we had extra games which we did not the year before or this season - so that can be used as a reason as to why we fell away last season.

im not saying it's solely down to the England thing - but i think that it would be foolish to dismiss it's importance (more so for others than yourself) i think it's probably the over riding factor along with Redknapps alarmingly erratic team selections these past few weeks - which i think can be linked somewhat to the England thing.

yes we fell away last season but there were over factors which need to be taken in to account which makes a straight comparison between now and then unfair (IMO)

Fair points.

We should not be laughing at Arsenal ever! You should always respect your oppostion, (even if they are Jammy ****s) We should concentrate on what we are doing, rather than emulating those classless fudgewits. The lets laugh at... thread was the sort of brick they come up with.

So... on the beeb Harry says he changed the system today and went 442 with 4 forwards (Saha Defoe Bale Lennon) that don't tuck in and get back and defend properly

He says it looked horrible and we were way too open, way too open...

He implies it was a terrible decision to go 442 and particularly without VdV to add a man in midfield

But did he change it, or just watch the clusterfudgers bum us for 60 minutes?

So... on the beeb Harry says he changed the system today and went 442 with 4 forwards (Saha Defoe Bale Lennon) that don't tuck in and get back and defend properly

He implies it was a terrible decision to go 442 and particularly without VdV to add a man in midfield

And if he saw it was a problem at half-time why didn't he take one of the forwards off and get an extra man in midfield on? There was plenty of time...Wise after the event...

supporting Spurs has never been about glory anyway, not for the last 20 years or so.

fcuk the CL, fcuk trophies, fcuk great players

It's a fair point about Adebayor. If he's not having a good match he just seems to accept it's not going to happen for him. Modric is another in the category of players who aren't prepared to give 100%. That's one quality Saudi Sportswashing Machine seem to have in abundance at moment. It's almost as if some of our players believed their own hype midway through the season and since then effort has been an optional extra.

Completely agree.

Modders and Bale have not performed on many occasions this season.

I hope Levy maintains his stance and tells Bale to fudge himself if the bids come on the summer.

We sell Modders and Bale for less than a combined ?ú100 million we should ransack the place.

We can then rebuild the squad.

I'm not even sure we can fully blame it on the England thing. We've taken 12 points from the past 11 games. We actually did something very similar last season too. I don't know if its bottling, distraction, apathy, fitness. I have no idea. But its pathetic to see the points gap we've given up. Just 2 months ago, we were still being talked about as the outsiders for the title (wrongly imo) but we'd worked hard to isolate ourselves from the dogfight for 4th below. Now, not only have we dragged ourselves down into that dogfight, almost impossibly considering the points gap we had, but we're looking very likely to lose it.

If we don't finish in the top 4 now, Redknapp and the players deserve shooting. It would be a monumental collapse even by Tottenham's standards.

As an aside, I reckon if the shoe had been on the other foot today, and it was us that had been denied a clear penalty when it was 1-0, away at a superior team, just seconds before this team equalised, we'd subsequently have collapsed. A la the 5-2. We'd all then be coming on here bemoaning how the refs are corrupt, how Webb or Foy hate us/love Man utd. But Norwich overcame this. And actually won.

I cannot believe the battle we now have to secure a top 4 place.

This

This.

It would be a disaster if Redknapp stayed at Spurs. Never rated him. A ****ney barrow boy, with all the patter and self-marketing. You could have put Mickey Mouse in after Ramos, and he would have done better. Redknapp is a master of seizing opportunity, timing and promoting himself.

We blew up after Blackpool away last year, and we blew up with the Filth away game and thereafter this season. Same old same old, except that this season we had been in a CL place virtually all of it, and 10 points clear of The Unclean only a few weeks ago. That is obscene, even by Tottenham standards of fudging it up.

It would be a miracle if we get CL now. Our form is atrocious. The concertina effect of this on players and signings is obvious.

Too right Martin!!

Nowhere for Redknapp to hide.......we needed 5 wins last week, out of 7...now it's wins all the way until the end of the season....he DOESN'T GIVE A fudge!! Look at the ****s face!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17655183

Its just another excuse for him to wheel out, he did write the book of excuses you know.

Completely agree.

Modders and Bale have not performed on many occasions this season.

I hope Levy maintains his stance and tells Bale to fudge himself if the bids come on the summer.

We sell Modders and Bale for less than a combined ?ú100 million we should ransack the place.

We can then rebuild the squad.

if we miss out on the Champions League and get a new manager in selling hose two and re building the squad might not be the worst of scenarios - i think no CL football and the fact we have (hopefully) a new stadium on the way may mean we have to stem our optimism over the next 2/3 years - a new (young!) manager coming in and given the proper chance to set himself (and us) up with the next X amount of years in mind is not something i would be particularly upset about.

Redknapps commenst are a fudging JOKE!!

You'd think he was a fan, detached from the situation!! It's your fudging team Harry!!! If we were wide open why not change it??? And to suggest we had 4 forwards with Bale and Lennon playing is gonads.

He must think we're idiots.

The Emirates Marketing Project loss should be added to that timeline. Spurs were at their peak and in the title hunt at that point. That game was gutting and for me was the tipping point.

I don't say this lightly, but with the decisions Harry has taken to keep going with Saha, he must be getting a cut of the sell on fee when he goes when 'arry has fudged off to england, hence why he is being pushed into the team. That can be the only reason.

Back