• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
And you dont think the players deserve criticism?
I fudgein do. Players get off WAY too lightly - its always the Manager. Those players let things get to their heads. The likes of Bale, Ade, Walker etc have all been brick recently.

Of course i do. How long have i been saying mentally they're not there? they're pussies i knew that a while back. You think we'd end up winning a game away from home (or even home tbh) when the opposition are denied a clear cut pen at 1-0 up which leads to them scoring straight from the same passage of play? loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool we'd lose by 2 or 3 and then proceed to blame the ref who changed the game for us. Then we'd start threads where we blame the loss on the ref looool.

Norwich on the other hand choose to carry on attacking and have a positive atitude resulting in a win.

You can't help being a certified pussy that buckles under pressure though so i have to give the players a bit of leeway. The manager that does things first for himself and then Tottenham Hotspur football club get no lee way at all. He can fudge off asap.

They should but the reason they didnt is simple - they just look knackered, lethargic, lacking impetus lacking pace etc etc etc. and why is that? because Harry cannot rotate players around.

he doesnt want to rotate!!!! he is not a rotator. He picks the best players, thats his basis.

Every **** who gets PAID to represent Tottenham today has 'done us over' the fans just have to pay, sit there and watch it unfold.

Yes Harry's is a manager who has ONLY ever cared about himself... and now he's odds on for England he couldn't give a fudge about Spurs (if he ever did in the first place)
the players are simply TOO PIG brick THICK to NOT let it affect them... the better ones will be off anyway, and cite reasons that it's always been their dream to win things and play CL football for Chelsea/Emirates Marketing Project... and we'll be left with those who don't mid being left behind... oh, and King 'cos no one has the heart to send him to the glue factory!

they're ALL fudging to blame... I just wish we'd imploded earlier, so as not to keep my hopes up THIS close to the end of the season... at least with mid-table mediocrity you know where you are in life...

still, all to play for eh? we've never had it so fudging good.... I LOVE watching us play... but it was one of those days... and I couldn't see us losing!

it's getting a bit tired now, innit?

I think some of the players are thinking even if we dont make the CL, they will by moving. So in a way you cant blame some of them, cause they have nothing to lose. The same goes for Harry, he fudges up here and who cares, he gets the Eng job.

We didnt reinforce in Jan either when we really had a chance. Only at Spurs......

But who did we replace them with? Corluka is doing great at leverkusen, and pienaar is doing great at everton

Thats the problem isnt it and ALWAYS has been? Selling a player before buying means you run the risk of not getting in the replacement.

Do you really think Harry had Saha and Nielsen as first choices? ofcourse not. He just had to get them in because we would have been so short of numbers.

Dont forget aswell we have been utterly plagued with injuries. Hudd is a big one, Dawson is another, Lennon was massive.

And you dont think the players deserve criticism?

I fudgein do. Players get off WAY too lightly - its always the Manager. Those players let things get to their heads. The likes of Bale, Ade, Walker etc have all been brick recently.

And Modric! Yeah maybe I am missing something and he played really well today as I have been told, I just don't see how fudging up every corner, free kick, and shot you take constitutes playing well/a good game even if you do pass the ball well.

Redknapp might say we've never had it so good, I'd say fudge off you clearly don't know your Spurs history then!! Frankly he has made a lot of bizarre decisions such as letting corluka go on loan, and not giving Defoe enough gametime, and that's before you take account of dodgy tactical decisions and substitutions in key games. But as stated above the players have to take their share of the blame!

Modric's corners:D one of them was the worst ive seen from anyone in years!!!!!

I couldn't give 2 donkey dingdongs and a goats ass how many "kneejerk" replies i get from this as i now feel i have enough evidence to claim that Arry Redknapp does not care if we qualify for the champions league or care about us in general really. Yes he'd obviously prefer if we do Well as it's a good reflectionon him but it's Arry over everyone in his mind. I will now state why i feel this way:

Arsenal (away) =
There is no manager in world football that would have gone 4-4-2 away to them lot in the situation we were in at the time. 10 points clear and Arsenal needing the win way way way more than us? Niko on the right? he did it imo because he knew full well he was out and there was also a slight chance we could challenge for the league so it's do or die for Arry (no consideration for whats good for the team).

United (home) =
He said earlier this season in his sun article that you'd be mad to play 4-4-2 against a team like United. I specifically remember him saying that. Oh but now he has the balls to try it out? listen i'm not saying it was right or wrong but how can you claim no team should play them 4-4-2 one minute and then suddenly decide to go 4-4-2?

Everton (away) =
Players in wrong positions throughout the game and a piece of brick first half. Oh look what happens when he plays player in the right positions in the 2nd

Stoke (home) =
Ok he gambled and it didn't pay off. It happens.

Chelsea (away) =
Sensible approach to pack the midfield. We create a lot on the break too. Arry declares that he "loves the formation we played"

Swansea (home) =
Nice team and good performance. Arry again makes it a point to state he loves the formation, it's his prefered one, we look far more solid, it suits us most.

Sunderland (away) =
A point gained playing the formation Arry loves. Again he declares "it's the best formation for us"

Norwich (home) =
Abandons his loved formation. Plays Saha? informs Livermore that he will start his first game in a long time but instructs him to play in a position that's not his prefered one. Why exactly would you go 4-4-2 and to top it all of play nobody capable enough of protecting defenders? very dosgy imo. It's not even that i'm saying it's the wrong formation but when Arry declares we finally found our stride playing his preferd formation then abandons it.

Done us over good and proper.

=D>

This two bob del boy taco aint the saviour he thinks he is.

With the team we have 5th is a minimum and 4th a solid season....that aint deluded either.

Looking at the relegation strugglers we face for the rest of the season we're completely fudged......they will want it more than us.

Had enough of the whole charade now. The club needs to move on. Redknapp's a good manager and did a hell of a lot for us but we need to look to the future. Such a shame Ancelotti's gone elsewhere.

Had enough of the whole charade now. The club needs to move on. Redknapp's a good manager and did a hell of a lot for us but we need to look to the future. Such a shame Ancelotti's gone elsewhere.

ancelotti is only just keeping PSG in the title race...maybe they will sack him if they fcuk up

Redknapp's MO:

Take charge at club
Short spell of success
Make sure everyone hears what a great job you've done
Run out of ideas
Sign old players on high wages that no other manager in their right mind would want
Leave club

maybe it would e best if we lose the semi, just like we lost against Pompey and after went on to beat Arse, Chelscum and City and grab the CL place

The players look to the manager for inspiration and competence. Harry's tactical decisions recently will have undermined their confidence.
Come on - 4-4-2 agaisnt Arsenal and Man U was madness and did most of the damage.

Add in the England dithering and you take away Harry's great motivational edge. I can't believe some of the players didn't question Harry's tactics in recent games. Players like cionsistency not all this chopping and changing. If Harry doesn't appear to know his best formation, and says tactics aren't all that -what on earth are the players going to think.

Harry in the Sun: "It’s 10 per cent about the formation and 90 per cent about the players. If you have the best ones and they do their jobs, then they can pretty much play any way you want them to." -Er, no Harry, it's not.

I think that Harry needs to fess up - either he is staying or he is going. This whole ongoing 'will he - won't he' process is ruining Spurs' best ever PL season. Personally I would like him to stay, but if he is going to take the England job (which let's face it, is a waste of time anyway, but thats up to him) then I think he should simply leave now so we can move on. I don't buy it when people in the media say that players are not affected by such issues, and I think our results since Capello resigned prove this.

The players must bear some responsibility as well, though. Far too much ill discipline and lethargy in their performances, and I worry that games like today are because the players turn up thinking they'll automatically win. It doesn't seem all that fair to pick out individuals, but I do agree that Bale needs to stick rigidly to the left and not mince about in the middle/ on the right/ wherever else he goes off to.

Is the game up for us this season? Well Saudi Sportswashing Machine keep winning (though not entirely sure how), Chelsea keep winning (dodgy decisions) and Arse keep winning (belief and plenty of luck) and I can't really see where we are going to win games. I hate to say it, but I can see us finishing as low as sixth. Bugger.

I couldn't give 2 donkey dingdongs and a goats ass how many "kneejerk" replies i get from this as i now feel i have enough evidence to claim that Arry Redknapp does not care if we qualify for the champions league or care about us in general really. Yes he'd obviously prefer if we do Well as it's a good reflectionon him but it's Arry over everyone in his mind. I will now state why i feel this way:

Arsenal (away) =
There is no manager in world football that would have gone 4-4-2 away to them lot in the situation we were in at the time. 10 points clear and Arsenal needing the win way way way more than us? Niko on the right? he did it imo because he knew full well he was out and there was also a slight chance we could challenge for the league so it's do or die for Arry (no consideration for whats good for the team).

United (home) =
He said earlier this season in his sun article that you'd be mad to play 4-4-2 against a team like United. I specifically remember him saying that. Oh but now he has the balls to try it out? listen i'm not saying it was right or wrong but how can you claim no team should play them 4-4-2 one minute and then suddenly decide to go 4-4-2?

Everton (away) =
Players in wrong positions throughout the game and a piece of brick first half. Oh look what happens when he plays player in the right positions in the 2nd

Stoke (home) =
Ok he gambled and it didn't pay off. It happens.

Chelsea (away) =
Sensible approach to pack the midfield. We create a lot on the break too. Arry declares that he "loves the formation we played"

Swansea (home) =
Nice team and good performance. Arry again makes it a point to state he loves the formation, it's his prefered one, we look far more solid, it suits us most.

Sunderland (away) =
A point gained playing the formation Arry loves. Again he declares "it's the best formation for us"

Norwich (home) =
Abandons his loved formation. Plays Saha? informs Livermore that he will start his first game in a long time but instructs him to play in a position that's not his prefered one. Why exactly would you go 4-4-2 and to top it all of play nobody capable enough of protecting defenders? very dosgy imo. It's not even that i'm saying it's the wrong formation but when Arry declares we finally found our stride playing his preferd formation then abandons it.

Done us over good and proper.

at the end of the day formations mean nothing if the players selected on the field do not perform. The players need to take the blame for our slump in form. We dealing with professional football players playing football for a living and a fudging good one. fatigue, formations , players playing out of postion are excuses that are discussed time and time on this board. I dont buy it we have the players to beat most teams in premier league no matter what. To me it boils down to 1 thing - HOW BAD DO YOU WANT and based on the last month so not bad enough. Yes you gonna have good days and bad days and you gonna have days when things will go for you and against you but if you done have the desire or determination then you aint got a fudging chance.

maybe it would e best if we lose the semi, just like we lost against Pompey and after went on to beat Arse, Chelscum and City and grab the CL place

History never repeats itself from that point of view. We've hit the wall and if (when) we lose the semi we'll slump through the rest of the season.

He also took us to a hight where we feel gutted at being 4th or 5th.

1 win in 8.....2 points from 8 :-"

He both very very good and very inept sometimes. On the balance would prefer him to any of our previous managers.

Back