• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
And just as I finished that, Statto decided to post on Twitter something that reassures me massively:

ScreenShot2012-03-21at235152.png

Surprised there's been so little comment on this.

This chart pretty much says the following: Harry Redknapp is the most successful manager in the history of THFC.

Three guys have higher win %ages:
> Arthur Turner (1942-1946) only had 49 games, and all were during the War with no league running. Can't really count his record.
> Frank Brettell (1898-1899) only had 43 games, and it was back in the 19th Century ffs!!
> John Cameron (1899-1907) only just pips Harry in percentage terms, and it was back in 1899-1907. Meh.

And Redknapp is about to be the 4th longest serving post-war manager out of 21.

All that taken into account, Harry Redknapp is top of the pile. IN OUR WHOLE HISTORY.

It is remarkable.

Arry identifies the targets. Levy does the phonecalls. The board approves/rejects.

Yes targets based on a)how much he has to spend b) how cheap wages are and c) short or long term solutions. The Saha and Nielsen ones were because Bassong and Pav wanted to go. They were short term, quick thinking type solutions.

If the Board tells you that you have no money to spend unless you get rid of some players, save wages and bring in some cash then your hands are tied a bit.

A striker replacement has been on the agenda for eons. The fact Pav wanted out doesn't mean we should go an buy a crock fool

Should have prepared for all that adequately and we never really did

Reactive instead of proactive - that is our transfers in a nutshell

Last edited:
"This chart pretty much says the following: Harry Redknapp is the most successful manager in the history of THFC."

major trophies won in Spurs history: 17
Trophies won by Harry Redknapp at Spurs: 0

He doesnt get my vote I'm afraid.

I pat Harry on the back for his achievements, the club was in a hole and he turned us around. However I do believe we are now at the same point as under Jol to an extent

Surprised there's been so little comment on this.

This chart pretty much says the following: Harry Redknapp is the most successful manager in the history of THFC.

Three guys have higher win %ages:
> Arthur Turner (1942-1946) only had 49 games, and all were during the War with no league running. Can't really count his record.
> Frank Brettell (1898-1899) only had 43 games, and it was back in the 19th Century ffs!!
> John Cameron (1899-1907) only just pips Harry in percentage terms, and it was back in 1899-1907. Meh.

And Redknapp is about to be the 4th longest serving post-war manager out of 21.

All that taken into account, Harry Redknapp is top of the pile. IN OUR WHOLE HISTORY.

It is remarkable.

Santini has the best cup record IN OUR WHOLE HISTORY too, no-one will EVER be able to beat it.

I find it strange people blame Harry for not bringing in players.

Er is it not Levy who buys the players? Is it not Harry who proposes to Levy what players he wants? and MORE IMPORTANTLY was it not Harrys brief from the Board to reduce the size of the squad and reduce the wage bill? hence why we got in the likes of Saha. You think if Harry had the choice between getting in a top class striker or Saha he would have got in a top class striker?

You think if Harry wanted a defender and could get one he would have got in Nielsen?

People on here are very defensive when it comes to any criticism being handed out to Levy. If anyone does dare to have a pop at him, you'll get someone replying with "he's the best chairman in Europe, best thing to ever happen to Spurs".

Don't get me wrong, Redknapp deserves some criticism for the team's loss of form recently and the way he has handled the England job fiasco leaves a lot to be desired. But what I really don't understand is we spent like there was no tomorrow to get into the Champions League, then we get there and we are knocking on the door again this year, our spending plummets. I'm not saying we should spend silly money on average players like Liverpool, but you've gotta spend more than ?ú5m and ?ú15m in transfer windows to get into the CL and stay there.

We've needed to buy 2 strikers, for the last 3 transfer windows, we've ended up with 1 on loan and Saha after being linked with the likes of Llorente, Aguero, Rossi, Remy to name a few. Not good enough.

People on here are very defensive when it comes to any criticism being handed out to Levy. If anyone does dare to have a pop at him, you'll get someone replying with "he's the best chairman in Europe, best thing to ever happen to Spurs".

Don't get me wrong, Redknapp deserves some criticism for the team's loss of form recently and the way he has handled the England job fiasco leaves a lot to be desired. But what I really don't understand is we spent like there was no tomorrow to get into the Champions League, then we get there and we are knocking on the door again this year, our spending plummets. I'm not saying we should spend silly money on average players like Liverpool, but you've gotta spend more than ?ú5m and ?ú15m in transfer windows to get into the CL and stay there.

We've needed to buy 2 strikers, for the last 3 transfer windows, we've ended up with 1 on loan and Saha after being linked with the likes of Llorente, Aguero, Rossi, Remy to name a few. Not good enough.

That's because it is true.

I second that, he is.

This is not Championship Manager and it’s not as simple as identifying targets and signing them. I would say our wage structure and time away from the big time has worked more against us than the way Levy conducts business. For the record I agree with our wage structure, Levy is trying to run the club like a business and will not break the structure for anyone which I applaud. Yes it might frustrate those fans that want marquee signings at any cost but I prefer my club to be run correctly and for it to have a long term future than be run like Leeds, West Ham or Rangers

Yes, and because the criticism aimed at Levy most of the time is ridiculous and doesn't really take into concern some very obvious important aspects that are soon ignored if brought up by those defending Levy.

Like the point about not wanting to let a manager that is very openly talking about leaving for another job within a year and who has a court case hanging over him spend a massive chunk of our available transfer fund on players that the chairman isn't entirely convinced about.

Yes, and because the criticism aimed at Levy most of the time is ridiculous and doesn't really take into concern some very obvious important aspects that are soon ignored if brought up by those defending Levy.

Like the point about not wanting to let a manager that is very openly talking about leaving for another job within a year and who has a court case hanging over him spend a massive chunk of our available transfer fund on players that the chairman isn't entirely convinced about.

How do you know this ?

I second that, he is.

This is not Championship Manager and it’s not as simple as identifying targets and signing them. I would say our wage structure and time away from the big time has worked more against us than the way Levy conducts business. For the record I agree with our wage structure, Levy is trying to run the club like a business and will not break the structure for anyone which I applaud. Yes it might frustrate those fans that want marquee signings at any cost but I prefer my club to be run correctly and for it to have a long term future than be run like Leeds, West Ham or Rangers

Agree with the wage structure. But we spent ?ú5m this season! We need a new striker at the end of the season no matter who the manager is, but I don't have any confidence in the club spending more than about ?ú10m on a striker, which won't cut it.

I second that, he is.

This is not Championship Manager and itÔÇÖs not as simple as identifying targets and signing them. I would say our wage structure and time away from the big time has worked more against us than the way Levy conducts business. For the record I agree with our wage structure, Levy is trying to run the club like a business and will not break the structure for anyone which I applaud. Yes it might frustrate those fans that want marquee signings at any cost but I prefer my club to be run correctly and for it to have a long term future than be run like Leeds, West Ham or Rangers

Grays - that is fine and no one is criticising Levy as I think he is simply the best chairman in the Premiership HOWEVER dont say he is trying to run THFC like a business and then people slaughtering Harry for not bringing in reinforcements.

In effect we were in a transitional season yet Harry propelled us to top four above the likes of Noocastle, Liverscum, Chelscum who have spent millions more than us.

This summer is crucial and its more crucial if we get CL as this could be the summer to propel us.

How can you possibly substantiate that claim? Do you follow every league in every country in Europe?

On the whole, yes he is an excellent chairman and has done a great job, but he shouldn't be immune from criticism.

I know this because before our first CL entry, we were the richest club never to have played in the CL. We are also now the 11th richest club in the world, that is from pure operating profit and that is exceptional. We compete at the highest level in the top teir of the league with a strict wage structure. He time and time again gets huge transfers for players that want to leave the club, he is a genius at negotiating in that respect. The list goes on.

How do you know this ?

Because if Harry wanted a player that Levy was entirely convinced about would be a good purchase regardless of who our manager would be 6-12 months from that window I really think we would have bought that player.

That's what Harry has been saying in press, that's what makes sense with how Levy has operated in the past.

Agree with the wage structure. But we spent ?ú5m this season! We need a new striker at the end of the season no matter who the manager is, but I don't have any confidence in the club spending more than about ?ú10m on a striker, which won't cut it.

Yes, we need at least one striker signing this summer. But I'm glad we haven't spent ?ú10m+ in each of the previous two windows on strikers that aren't good enough.

Harry got the money to buy first Defoe, then Keane, then Crouch. He then got VdV in, before getting Ade on a loan deal. Defoe and Keane were both over ?ú10m and Crouch was around ?ú10m if I remember correctly.

So he is not the best in europe because, in your own words, we only spent ?ú5m and wont spend more than about ?ú10m on a striker ?

Back