• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I don't believe that is true. I think it has become accepted as fact by a few after reading some quotes taken out of context.

The quotes are alarming irrespective of context.

Moreover - I can't recall the last occurence where we tried something 'pre-meditated' during a set piece as opposed to either smashing it against goal or failing to clear the (1 man) wall

This thread is so stupid.

Harry's biggest problem this season is that he has over-achieved; Look at the wage bills between Spurs,Chelsea and Arsenal then you will see how good a job Harry is doing.

Happy to hold my hands up and accept that I am wrong if someone can produce clear evidence

i just posted this in another thread, its regarding practicing penalty kicks ahead of a major cup final. It depends what your viewpoint is, maybe you consider it a waste of time too to practice them. Its no problem, some people are inclined to think like this.

Darren Bent: Tottenham didn't practise penalties for Carling Cup final

While Manchester United's diligent planning for a possible penalty shoot-out extended to preparing iPod footage of the likely Tottenham participants, Darren Bent has disclosed that his Spurs team-mates did not consider it worth practising their spot kicks.

Tottenham were duly dreadful in the shoot-out that decided Sunday's Carling Cup final, with Jamie O'Hara's effort saved and David Bentley firing wide, meaning Bent, who was due to take the fifth penalty, was not involved.

However, Bent's admission is particularly interesting given Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp's past association at Southampton with World Cup-winning rugby union coach Sir Clive Woodward.

During his time as Saints' technical support director, Woodward urged footballers to regularly practise penalty-taking in the belief that the smallest details could represent the difference between winning and losing.

That certainly appeared to be the case on Sunday, when Ben Foster looked at an iPod video of O'Hara taking a previous penalty just seconds before making what proved to be the pivotal save.

"We thought there is no point in practising penalties because you can hit the same spot 10 times out of 10 and, if the keeper can save it, you can't really do anything," said Bent. "They [O'Hara and Bentley] are two fantastic players and sometimes even the best miss penalties."

Redknapp's post-match attitude was that penalties are a "lottery" and his view was apparently shared in the Spurs dressing room.

Redknapp: Car-Crash of a Season?

[h=1]Crash Harry... Spurs' Redknapp in shunt with BMW[/h]
SNN2303BB-63202_1475973a.jpg
Knapp-smack ... Onur Gemikli shows his damaged BMW

Exclusive
By NEIL SYSON

Published: Today at 01:38

[h=3]A SHOCKED driver told last night how his BMW was wrecked ÔÇö in a crash with Harry Redknapp.[/h]

Newsagent Onur Gemikli, 22, was at the wheel of his swish 3 Series soft-top when it was rear-ended by a two-ton Range Rover.
He climbed out to swap details and spent several minutes chatting with the driver before realising it was the Spurs manager.
Harry, 65 ÔÇö widely tipped to take over as England boss ÔÇö was on his way home after watching his Tottenham side's 1-1 home draw with Stoke.
Onur, who supports Turkish team Galatasaray, hit his brakes as a car swerved in front of him in Enfield, North London, but was hit from behind.
He said: "I was furious. I ran to the car that cut me up, but it sped off. I was in shock and pain as my head had hit the head-rest, then the Range Rover driver asked, 'Are you OK?' and told me not to worry.
SNN2303RED-5325_1475970a.jpg
Harry Redknapp ... 'true gentleman'

"It was only when he wrote his name down that I realised it was Harry.
"He was a true gentleman about it, really nice, put me at ease and told me to ring him next day.
"My car's a write-off, but not everyone can say their motor was wrecked in a crash with Harry Redknapp." The soccer boss did not comment.

Happy to hold my hands up and accept that I am wrong if someone can produce clear evidence

Well, if we do have a set practice routine, it simply isn't good enough. Not even at the level of Blackburn, Stoke, Wigan or any of the other 16 teams in the PL. I honestly cannot come up with a team less threatening from set pieces than us, unfortunately. To be able to produce something out of set pieces is so important in today's game that we should put more time into it, more than we do at present anyway.

0 - Tottenham haven't scored from a Prem Lge free kick since 1 Jan 2011 & since 26 Jan 2010 for a direct free kick shot. Dearth.

121 - Spurs have taken 121 corners since they last netted a goal from a corner situation in the Premier League. Distant.

The quotes are alarming irrespective of context.

Moreover - I can't recall the last occurence where we tried something 'pre-meditated' during a set piece as opposed to either smashing it against goal or failing to clear the (1 man) wall

That is the single most frightening fact, that players at the absolute top level, and with the ball skills of Modric and VdV fail to clear the ball over a man over 10 feet away time and time - and time again. Didn't Beckham teach them a single thing the months he was here?

I think the main reason Levy entertains these pathetic and borderline embarassing retirement packages we keep selling to utterly brick players who couldnt prior to that get a game at bottom 8 clubs is rather simple - these are short term fixes for a man who is clearly leaving in the summer, so why trust him with the big chips? And rightly so.

Problem is - much like it did last season this time - it could well cost us our season

If your suspicion is correct it means the new man will be given a sizeable war chest, and yet I can't see that happening for whatever reason.

Then we'd most likely regress back to the pre-Jol days, Bale and Modric would join Rooney and brickdorito, and we'd come full circle in what seemed to be a solid, well-exectued ascend towards some kind of sustainted progress and stability.

Also - war-chest sounds so much better than a tranfer kitty.

Last edited:
Then we'd most likely regress back to the pre-Jol days, Bale and Modric would join Roney and brickdorito, and we'd come full circle in what seemed to be a solid, well-exectued ascend towards some kind of sustainted progress and stability.

Also - war-chest sounds so much better than a tranfer kitty.

i like a good name change, but youve gone from awful to sublime in the space of a syllable there. yellow card sir

BMW drivers are all ****s

My dad drives a BMW (he is the only one who aint a **** for obvious reasons ofcourse)

Back