• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Grays - that is fine and no one is criticising Levy as I think he is simply the best chairman in the Premiership HOWEVER dont say he is trying to run THFC like a business and then people slaughtering Harry for not bringing in reinforcements.

In effect we were in a transitional season yet Harry propelled us to top four above the likes of Noocastle, Liverscum, Chelscum who have spent millions more than us.

This summer is crucial and its more crucial if we get CL as this could be the summer to propel us.

I have not had a pop at Rednapp either though? I think the way Levy has run the club over the past few years has proven that you do not have to spend millions to be a success.

Adebayor came in on loan, yes its only a loan but that was 29m of striker a year ago, so in terms of running the club well and providing us with a top player I think he ticked both boxes

So he is not the best in europe because, in your own words, we only spent ?ú5m and wont spend more than about ?ú10m on a striker ?

I'm saying that if you want quality, sometimes you need to take a gamble. Liverpool spent over ?ú20m on Torres and it paid off. Granted it doesn't always mean your going to get it right every time, but I'd rather we spent decent money on someone like Llorente than ?ú8m on someone like Jordan Rhodes.

But again, I don't know how anyone can say he's the best chairman Europe unless they have detailed knowledge of all the leagues in Europe, not just England.

I'm saying that if you want quality, sometimes you need to take a gamble. Liverpool spent over ?ú20m on Torres and it paid off. Granted it doesn't always mean your going to get it right every time, but I'd rather we spent decent money on someone like Llorente than ?ú8m on someone like Jordan Rhodes.

But again, I don't know how anyone can say he's the best chairman Europe unless they have detailed knowledge of all the leagues in Europe, not just England.

Sometimes you need to take a gamble.

Sometimes you need to be patient and not make an unnecessary gamble.

Neither can be used as criticism of Levy imo.

I agree that saying that Levy is the best chairman in Europe sounds hyperbolic. I would say that I don't know of any better chairmen, or that I have yet to see anyone mention a better chairman than him.

I have not had a pop at Rednapp either though? I think the way Levy has run the club over the past few years has proven that you do not have to spend millions to be a success.

Adebayor came in on loan, yes its only a loan but that was 29m of striker a year ago, so in terms of running the club well and providing us with a top player I think he ticked both boxes

Sorry - I wasnt talking about you that you had a pop. More the others.

Thats fine bringing in Ade on a loan - but how long can we do loans for? We can just sit here and bring in loans for the entirety of our existence. Also dont forget loans still cost, I dont know how much we paid to get Ade on loan but I imagine it would be 3-4m thats like buying a striker on a four or five year contract for 15-20m AND with Ade there is no resale value. So its not as financially sensible as you may think. I just think that loans are so short termist that the players who are on longer contracts must be thinking what the fudge.

I agree we cannot just go out spend money hence why Harry has made do with Saha and Nielsen on loan whilst bringing in cash and saving wages. BUT this has obviously hindered Harry in what he has to play with i.e. a squad that is actually not that great (although some beg to differ).

I actually think this summer we will buy and buy big. We will get in three or four players which will go totally against what we have done over the past two or three windows.

Because if Harry wanted a player that Levy was entirely convinced about would be a good purchase regardless of who our manager would be 6-12 months from that window I really think we would have bought that player.

That's what Harry has been saying in press, that's what makes sense with how Levy has operated in the past.

That first part is hearsay, its all your own opinion, I have never heard Harry say the 2nd part in the press, I have heard Harry say that we wont pay the wages for the player's that he would like to bring in, this has always been the same. I have also heard Harry bleat on about the player having no sell on value. Again this has always been the case. These have nothing to do with Levy not letting Harry spend a budget because he openly wants to go to another club.

Harry's getting decidedly tetchy in his interviews recently (not as grumpy as King Kenny... he's on another LEVEL!)
But I think he's probably regretting NOT putting to bed any talk of England when it first reared it's head... instead he was more than happy to 'not rule it out' at Press conferences, and tease the media into believing they 'had a story'... if he'd just said 'no questions on England until May the day AFTER the season's done, then we may not be where we are at the moment.
Telling the press NOW that the players are unaffected is gonads and he knows it... they might be a bit dim, but players aren't THAT stupid to be unable to turn on a television and press 405*!!!

(*Sky viewers only, other channel numbers may apply to different suppliers!)

I have given you reasons why.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showth...as-far-as-he-can&p=59085&viewfull=1#post59085

We have taken gambles, practically every signing you make is potentially a gamble. We have spent, and spent big over the years. This is another reason why Levy is a genius, he runs the club in auch a way that we can afford those luxuries without winning the lottery.

The facts are there as to why he is the best, but not being able to see them because you dont agree with how much he spends really is a pittance excuse.

The quotes are alarming irrespective of context.

Moreover - I can't recall the last occurence where we tried something 'pre-meditated' during a set piece as opposed to either smashing it against goal or failing to clear the (1 man) wall

Absolutely. Though I would point out, not only is this a failting of Redknapp, but every manager we have had since I can remember.

For a time under Redknapp we did improve defensively at set plays. Didnt last long though.

That first part is hearsay, its all your own opinion, I have never heard Harry say the 2nd part in the press, I have heard Harry say that we wont pay the wages for the player's that he would like to bring in, this has always been the same. I have also heard Harry bleat on about the player having no sell on value. Again this has always been the case. These have nothing to do with Levy not letting Harry spend a budget because he openly wants to go to another club.

I did say "I think". Yes, it is my opinion. Most of the things I post on here is my opinion, I'm not going to spend my time posting other people's opinions. If it sounded like I was being ITK and just came back from lunch with Levy I'll have to be clearer in the future. I afterwards even put in the reasons for my opinion, about what Harry has said in the past and what Levy has done in the past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2115986/Harry-Redknapp-tells-Daniel-Levy-sign-Eden-Hazard-Spurs.html

‘But you have to keep pushing on and I think the club would do it if we came up with the right targets. Daniel would pay the money, he is ambitious.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...evy-sign-Eden-Hazard-Spurs.html#ixzz1pwwWyVrj

There have been several similar comments in the last couple of transfer windows. "If we find the right player, the chairman will get him". But it has to be the right player. Levy has to be convinced.

And yes, there are players we can't afford because of wages. And yes, age is important. Not only because of sell on value, but also because of potential development and how long that player can play for the club. These have always been things Levy have been conscious of, luckily. And that will continue, luckily. And if Harry can't find "the right player for the right price(including wages and transfer fee)" then Levy won't sign anyone. Luckily.

well we did go on a fabulous run with the same team.

then its got to to do with injuries and how our players seem unable to get back to form quickly.

i still think we have fitness issues. and i think harry has taken the 'feel good' element too far, and sacrificed discipline and organization.

guess i'll wait till season end to make a call on harry. but at the moment, he doesn't look like he has it in him to turn the team around.

I actually think this summer we will buy and buy big. We will get in three or four players which will go totally against what we have done over the past two or three windows.

In actual fact I think the same, I get the feeling we have spent the last couple of seasons getting our "ducks in a row" and we will have money to spend in the summer. Again what I believe is an example of Levy being shrewed with money and timing.

I have given you reasons why.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showth...as-far-as-he-can&p=59085&viewfull=1#post59085

We have taken gambles, practically every signing you make is potentially a gamble. We have spent, and spent big over the years. This is another reason why Levy is a genius, he runs the club in auch a way that we can afford those luxuries without winning the lottery.

The facts are there as to why he is the best, but not being able to see them because you dont agree with how much he spends really is a pittance excuse.

I see the facts, he is ONE OF the best chairmen in ENGLAND, not sure about Europe. Do you actually watch all of the European leagues and know a lot about the chairmen for each clubs in those leagues?

It's just hypocritical for people to slate Redknapp for not spending more when he's clearly on a tight budget. After all, he has always been accused of spending far too much at every club he's been at and even been blamed for the financial state of certain clubs, why would he all of a sudden want to reign the spending in when he's currently at the biggest club that he's ever managed? Just look at our spending over the past 10 seasons and you'll see the difference. I get that we couldn't afford to keep spending ?ú50m every season like we used to, but I don't get why there has been such a steep reduction in our transfer budget when were so close to challenging the top teams for the title.

I see the facts, he is ONE OF the best chairmen in ENGLAND, not sure about Europe. Do you actually watch all of the European leagues and know a lot about the chairmen for each clubs in those leagues?
It's just hypocritical for people to slate Redknapp for not spending more when he's clearly on a tight budget. After all, he has always been accused of spending far too much at every club he's been at and even been blamed for the financial state of certain clubs, why would he all of a sudden want to reign the spending in when he's currently at the biggest club that he's ever managed? Just look at our spending over the past 10 seasons and you'll see the difference. I get that we couldn't afford to keep spending ?ú50m every season like we used to, but I don't get why there has been such a steep reduction in our transfer budget when were so close to challenging the top teams for the title.

I have given you facts, one of the things a club chairman looks after is a clubs finances and as a business it is the most important thing. I have given you facts in regards to finance and his spending power. It puts us as the richest club on this pittiful planet (yes jurgen, that includes all of europe too, europe is on this planet, although maybe not on yours) never to have played in the CL. It puts us almost in the top 10 richest clubs on the planet too (see my planet info previously just for a recap). Compared to where we were before he took over, its nothing short of a minor miracle.

If you keep acting stupid, you'll join the likes of totman, mick and the rest of the dunces on the most feared list in europe (yep thats the whole of europe) my ignore list.

well we did go on a fabulous run with the same team.

then its got to to do with injuries and how our players seem unable to get back to form quickly.

i still think we have fitness issues. and i think harry has taken the 'feel good' element too far, and sacrificed discipline and organization.

guess i'll wait till season end to make a call on harry. but at the moment, he doesn't look like he has it in him to turn the team around.

He can turn the team around, no doubt in my mind.

Is the right man to take us forward as we try to secure consistent CL football and push towards a title challenge? Perhaps. He has at the very least deserved a good shot at it if he wants it.

There are frustrating aspects about Harry, but that's the case with just about every manager I think. And the risks involved when changing a manager more than outweigh those frustrations to make it a fairly easy decision that he should stay if he wants to. Only exception for me would be if Mourinho wanted to come to Spurs.

In actual fact I think the same, I get the feeling we have spent the last couple of seasons getting our "ducks in a row" and we will have money to spend in the summer. Again what I believe is an example of Levy being shrewed with money and timing.

How do you get ducks in a row anyway? Without resorting to nail gun or other forms of animal cruelty that is. Would you try to line them up beak-to-butt, or side by side? They seem very uncontrollable at the best of times...

Well then could I ask you not to refer to me as "some people" and then go on to imply I'm some kind of fudging macaron. It's incredibly rude and disrespectful for no reason.

I refered to you as some people because some other people were using the stats in their comments, you did it too. I didnt imply it, I just couldnt say it as its against the rules so I'm glad you typed it.

I'm sorry you feel disrespected due to something I didnt say, but If I have made you FEEL that way, then read your original post again and it may become clear.

Levy has been instrumental in everything we have achieved in terms of recent.

Anyone who wants to knock would be extremely unfair

I have given you facts, one of the things a club chairman looks after is a clubs finances and as a business it is the most important thing. I have given you facts in regards to finance and his spending power. It puts us as the richest club on this pittiful planet (yes jurgen, that includes all of europe too, europe is on this planet, although maybe not on yours) never to have played in the CL. It puts us almost in the top 10 richest clubs on the planet too (see my planet info previously just for a recap). Compared to where we were before he took over, its nothing short of a minor miracle.

If you keep acting stupid, you'll join the likes of totman, mick and the rest of the dunces on the most feared list in europe (yep thats the whole of europe) my ignore list.

The fact that you keep dodging the question leads me to believe that you don't watch any other football except English football, hence the "best chairman in Europe" line.

As for the 2nd paragraph:

129078963063478704.jpg

Back