• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Levy has been instrumental in everything we have achieved in terms of recent.

Anyone who wants to knock would be extremely unfair

Again I agree, I think Alan Sugar was great for the club and stuck us on a firm footing but when you look at what Levy and Enic have done since its amazing.

People saying "how can you judge him as the best Chairman in Europe" well I will give my view:

I don't honestly believe there is a sub 36,000 capacity club, in any European league that has a chairman as good as ours. And why do I mention the stadium capacity, because it comes down to resources and our lack of capacity puts us at a disadvantage yet Levy has made as extremely competitive in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. You take away the sugar daddy owned clubs and nowhere in Europe is there a club of our resources that is run better.

Dare I also mention the Modric situation also? I can honestly say itÔÇÖs the first time I have known (and I could stand corrected) a chairman to take such a stance and not allow his club to be bullied into the sale of one of its prized assets.

Jurgen the German;59151 As for the 2nd paragraph: [img said:
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/13/129078963063478704.jpg[/img]

Unfortunately, he's completely talking sh#t about the ignore list. He only pretends to put you on it.

Bit of a double edged sword really

On one hand this expresses just how well we have done this season

On the other it shows just how far we have fallen in a short space of time...

Totally. Right now, I cannot see the position we are in as anything other than a vintage Tottenham capitulation. Perspective will come a little later for me.....but at the moment, I just feel deflated and quite frankly let down.

Again I agree, I think Alan Sugar was great for the club and stuck us on a firm footing but when you look at what Levy and Enic have done since its amazing.

People saying "how can you judge him as the best Chairman in Europe" well I will give my view:

I don't honestly believe there is a sub 36,000 capacity club, in any European league that has a chairman as good as ours. And why do I mention the stadium capacity, because it comes down to resources and our lack of capacity puts us at a disadvantage yet Levy has made as extremely competitive in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. You take away the sugar daddy owned clubs and nowhere in Europe is there a club of our resources that is run better.

Dare I also mention the Modric situation also? I can honestly say it’s the first time I have known (and I could stand corrected) a chairman to take such a stance and not allow his club to be bullied into the sale of one of its prized assets.

Villa did it for a year with barry and then milner but i do agree with your points that levy has been a good chairman, i think it will be hard for him to keep modric if we do not make champs league and we lose redknapp, of course he has to stay becuse he has a contract but would his head drop?

I think overall levy has done an 8 out of 10 job and i say that as someone who is still a huge jol fan.

The question for me is 'Has Redknapp taken us as far as we can go' - the answer being yes.

Without higher wages and transfer fees, a battle for 3rd place is our maximum level.

And at a club where so many have under achieved. HR has done an amazing job.

Dare I also mention the Modric situation also? I can honestly say it’s the first time I have known (and I could stand corrected) a chairman to take such a stance and not allow his club to be bullied into the sale of one of its prized assets.

=D>

he can be frustrating, but he has done things behind the scenes which no-one will ever know...

Well it has been said by players several times ( Bent, VDV among others) if you believe otherwise that is your right, but the proof is in the pudding.

If you can find direct quotes from either of them (or any other first team Spurs player) saying that we never practice set pieces I might believe you.

Redknapp inherited a very good squad packed with underachieving talent. He got them playing and he has to be given credit for that

but he has spectacularly failed to address our front line. 3+ years and enough transfer windows. Rubbish

Harry inherited a badly balanced squad. He identified the weaknesses and brought in the best available players, within our price range, to address that, which is what he has done in nearly every window since.

If you can find direct quotes from either of them (or any other first team Spurs player) saying that we never practice set pieces I might believe you.

I am trying to find the main one however this throws some light on it.

There are no long and boring speeches about tactics, like I was used to at Real Madrid

"There is a clipboard in our dressing room but Harry doesn't write anything on it."

Van der Vaart said that training sessions under Redknapp were also a low-key affair, claiming that their recent successes, such as the memorable win over Champions League holders Inter Milan, were more about about team work than tactics.

"It's not that we do nothing - but it's close to that," he added.

"For instance, last weekend Gareth Bale scored a header against Blackburn from my corner.

"But we didn't train one minute on it, it was pure luck. Good kicking, good heading, nothing more.

There are no long and boring speeches about tactics, like I was used to at Real Madrid

"There is a clipboard in our dressing room but Harry doesn't write anything on it."

Van der Vaart said that training sessions under Redknapp were also a low-key affair, claiming that their recent successes, such as the memorable win over Champions League holders Inter Milan, were more about about team work than tactics.

"For instance, last weekend Gareth Bale scored a header against Blackburn from my corner.

"But we didn't train one minute on it, it was pure luck. Good kicking, good heading, nothing more.

I shake my head in disbelief and laugh every time I read those quotes.

Yep, those are the quotes that are always extrapolated to mean whatever anyone wants when they want to criticise Redknapp but they do not say that we never practice set pieces. The most critical part is the journalist's text and there is no context for the VdV quote.

Yep, those are the quotes that are always extrapolated to mean whatever anyone wants when they want to criticise Redknapp but they do not say that we never practice set pieces. The most critical part is the journalist's text and there is no context for the VdV quote.

I guess we see in it what we want to, from both sides off the equation. It depends on who wants to criticise when given certain information and those who see no wrong in a manager who is fast losing the plot ( imo).

Exactly. They didn't train on that corner routine that Bale scored from. Funny how they try it almost every match though.....

so one player says we never practiced penalties before a major cup final which could have and did go to penalties, another player says we "didnt train one minute" on a corner that we managed to score from, and still you think he players work on set pieces despte the fact that evidence in games suggests otherwise. If you think this is ok, then fair play, each to their own

im sure that if someone like Moyes became our next manager, we will get more than enough quotes from players saying "woww its so different now, we now work a lot more on set pieces than we used to under the previous boss". It always happens like this

Apparently the slump is nothing to do with the England talk

Since Fabio Capello resigned as England boss on 8 February, Spurs have won just one of their five Premier League games.
But Redknapp, favourite for the national team post, said: "Absolute nonsense, that is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard in my life.
"The players don't care whether I'm the manager next year."
In their first match after Capello left his position, Tottenham thrashed Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0 to maintain their 10-point lead over fourth-place Arsenal.
Continue reading the main story
“There are nine games to go, a lot of points to play for and there will be lots of twists and turns before the end of the season”
Harry Redknapp
But as speculation that Redknapp is set to replace the Italian has increased, Spurs have gone off the boil.
They lost 5-2 at Arsenal, were beaten 3-1 at home by Manchester United,went down 1-0 at Everton and drew 1-1 with Stoke.
In the meantime, Arsenal have won all four of their games to move a point above their north London rivals.
After the Stoke match, Redknapp admitted his side had lost their way but he insists this has nothing to do with the England rumours.
"The players wouldn't lose any sleep over that," he stated. "That's football. Footballers are footballers.
"They play the game, they come in every day and train, somebody else walks in here tomorrow, the king is dead long live the king.
"They don't worry 'Harry's going to England' or 'he's going to go somewhere else'. They don't think about that, I don't think about it.
"It never enters my mind. I don't think what's going to happen to me at the end of the season. Whatever happens to me happens to me.
"I don't lose any sleep over it one way or the other - whether I'm here, somewhere else or nowhere. That's life

so one player says we never practiced penalties before a major cup final which could have and did go to penalties, another player says we "didnt train one minute" on a corner that we managed to score from, and still you think he players work on set pieces despte the fact that evidence in games suggests otherwise. If you think this is ok, then fair play, each to their own

There are plenty of managers who do not practice penalties with their teams because you cannot simulate the pressure.

What VdV said in that quote is that that particular corner was not practised, that does not mean that they do not ever practice corner or free kick routines.

As for evidence on the pitch, I think that fans have unrealistic expectations of the number of goals which should come from set pieces. I've heard this argument on here for years (normally after a poor run of results), under a load of different managers. I think that it is because we watch a lot more of Spurs than we do other clubs and we therefore see a lot more set pieces that result in nothing. I'd love to see a league table based on the number of goals scored from set pieces this season.

Back