• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

Wonderful, wonderful player - but we've only seen it in glimpses with him out on the flanks. He thrives in the middle! That ferocity in his game, always chasing, harrying - ah, it's what you want to see someone do for your club - and then he got spades and spades of flair and finesse as well! Wow. He is some player. It's guys like him with his work rate that you want as your captain in the end. Not saying we should strip Son of the arm band obviously, but some day I hope this guy captains us. I've never had a player name on a shirt until now with Kulu, gonna proudly wear it to work tomorrow to tinkle off all the Yanited lads. :D

Absolutely, I didn't see him as a fit long term with Ange as a wide player - but centrally he is class.
View attachment 17735
I think most of us recognized that his skill set as a wide man wasn't a fit with Anges requirements of a wide man.

It's great he's been repurposed and thriving with his new role, a role he has played before in his career and one he has stated he likes. He has a good mix of workrate/creator. And importantly he's someone you can rely on, with such a strong mentality. Age on his side as well.

I have been very critical of Kulu in the past, i felt he was super frustrating playing out wide, running into dead ends, holding the ball for too long. He seems to be thriving in a number 10 type role, long may it continue.

He did okay, but then he was playing against a very poor Man U and he still made far to many wrong choices.

If he was that good, then he wouldn't be so frustrating to watch.

He did okay, but then he was playing against a very poor Man U and he still made far to many wrong choices.

true in the early games (and maybe latter half of last season) but this is the game to take risks and put pressure on a team that is one man down.
he was exceptional in recent games and the stats don't lie. still early in the season, lets hope he can keep this up

Really good for him to be playing with Maddison in midfield. They compliment each other really well.

Surely not the only reason he's playing so well, but I think it's a significant factor. Time will tell what he'll look like if we play him there without Maddison (or someone like Bergvall perhaps). But I would be slightly less optimistic about him being this good without that creative partner.

I think it's fair to say that he's lacking a couple of things you often want to see in a top class #10.

But that is fine if we have those qualities in other players. Kulusevski also adds a lot that most creative #10s don't.

He's playing really well overall. Rightly being talked about as one of our players of the season. Try looking at what he does do so well.

Back