• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

I think it's fair to say that he's lacking a couple of things you often want to see in a top class #10.

But that is fine if we have those qualities in other players. Kulusevski also adds a lot that most creative #10s don't.

He's playing really well overall. Rightly being talked about as one of our players of the season. Try looking at what he does do so well.
Playing really well is having that final ball
See this stat garbage all the time and have issues with what they define as chances...

And people lap it, when the reality is something quite different.

true in the early games (and maybe latter half of last season) but this is the game to take risks and put pressure on a team that is one man down.
he was exceptional in recent games and the stats don't lie. still early in the season, lets hope he can keep this up
This is simply not true.

It was he who lost the ball so weakly against Brentford that allowed them to score in 20 seconds.

Constantly told how strong he is, but he loses it far too often.

Players who dribble and take players on in the final 3rd are going to lose the ball. that applies to any dribbler. This is how it works when you do not play safe in the attacking zone. He is currently in exceptional form and he is clearly ding everything the coach is asking. This includes playing 8, RW and false 9. All at the age of 24. If you cannot see how special he is then i dunno

This is simply not true.

It was he who lost the ball so weakly against Brentford that allowed them to score in 20 seconds.

Constantly told how strong he is, but he loses it far too often.
whoever told you kulu is strong hasn't watched enough of him

kulu isn't fast either but has an uncanny ability to ride challenges and change pace and direction just enough to trouble his markers, which he does consistently in a lot of games.

have you seen his stats from since he joined? he is big on key passes and has an above average return rate for goals and assists. lot of crosses too, but admittedly conversion has been low,

Some of the passes he made into space for Werner were sublime. He's quite a big unit - and IS strong most times - so when he's in the middle the benefit for us is that we aren't reliant so much on his pace but more on his ability to hold the ball and push forwards. Long may this continue

Dejan seems to play well with Johnson when he is playing through the middle. Kulu has the option to stay central or go wider than Johnson, allowing for a cross or a cut-back into the box. I think this movement is confusing opposition defenders and pulling them out of position at times which is what we need against packed defenses. That, and Van de Ven storming the entire length of the pitch with the ball.

He's got a great engine and enough pace to get the few yards he needs to make a pass. He very good at those disguised 1-2s and he gets back and covers, you don't have to win ever tackle in defence, making sure your opponents can't pass or move where they want to go is just as important and he does that a lot, not always eye catching but essential team work.

whoever told you kulu is strong hasn't watched enough of him

kulu isn't fast either but has an uncanny ability to ride challenges and change pace and direction just enough to trouble his markers, which he does consistently in a lot of games.

have you seen his stats from since he joined? he is big on key passes and has an above average return rate for goals and assists. lot of crosses too, but admittedly conversion has been low,
People have been making those claims, and that is what I was referring too.

Don't look at stats, most of it is BS anyway. Stats would show that Ndombele has won silverware in his last two season. But my eyes see him as fat lazy git, who possess an insane amount of ability. Before Kane was given his chance, stats would have said, he didn't show much promise.

If you want to talk about stats, you're wasting your time. If you want to debate what is actually happening, then we can debate to our hearts content.

I just watch games and make my opinions form that.

Last edited:
The only issue I have with his emergence as one of the finest box-to-box midfielders in the land is having to hear "Deki" so often.
Surely the most nauseating nickname in all of football?

A small price to pay, though, and long may it continue!

Playing like a hybrid of Dembele’s surging runs with Eriksen’s creativity in the final 3rd.

It's weird. Kulu does lovely creative stuff full of deft touches yet manages to look like some sort of ungainly ginger clogger while doing so.

I mean, the touch for his goal was stunning. The sort of thing that you see Bergkamp doing in compilations of great goals. But somehow, Kulusevski made it look clunky. There was also that backheeled one-two straight back into Maddison's path (IIRC), which again looked like he'd slipped and stuck out a leg at random for the ball to bounce off. Every time he runs, it looks like he's not quite figured out what his legs are doing.

He's never going to be easy on the eye, but he's definitely a creative player in my book.

It's weird. Kulu does lovely creative stuff full of deft touches yet manages to look like some sort of ungainly ginger clogger while doing so.

I mean, the touch for his goal was stunning. The sort of thing that you see Bergkamp doing in compilations of great goals. But somehow, Kulusevski made it look clunky. There was also that backheeled one-two straight back into Maddison's path (IIRC), which again looked like he'd slipped and stuck out a leg at random for the ball to bounce off. Every time he runs, it looks like he's not quite figured out what his legs are doing.

He's never going to be easy on the eye, but he's definitely a creative player in my book.

Sometimes it looks like he doesn't know what he's doing, although I am sure he does, which must make it hard for defenders.

Definitely creative for me too. Both in the "creates stuff" and "finds creative solutions" sense.

Elegance and effectiveness is not always linked. He's not the most elegant, but when on decent form and set up in decent positions he's definitely effective. And also adds a ton of running, physical presence and other stuff that's more tangible than elegance.

Lovely player.

Back