• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

If he has more moments where he acts quickly he could get back up to that outstanding level he had in the first 6 months. That's been issue since, he dawdles on the ball for too long before deciding what to do. That quick action allowed his rather good passing to be displayed.
Spot on. In that first six months, what stood out for me was how well he managed to slow the game down - in a good way - in the opposition box. Always picked out the right pass, shot at the right times, was calm and precise, linked up brilliantly with Kane/anyone making runs into the area. Last season, especially towards the end, was the polar opposite. Every time he got in or around the box he made the wrong choice: shot when he shouldn't, panicked, over-elaborated. He looks to me like a massive confidence player; the amount he gave the ball away when the crowd got impatient with him was astonishing. He's an asset, and I think he could be very effective as a false nine if we play the formation we tried at home to City. But that's another topic.

I'd sell most of the front line before Kulu, he had a hit and miss season last year, but I think part of his poor form was due to having to start most weeks due to injury, no chance to be rotated and rested.

Our forward line is already meh, certainly wouldn't make it worse.

Last edited:
Could his future be as an 8/10 or maybe more of utility player covering several positions?

He certainly has the close control and physical strength to hold on to the ball under pressure.

He wants to play there, he wants to play central.

Very hard player to truly evaluate
- Sitting at the games last season, watching him play on the wing felt very frustrating, yet stats wise he always shows up (one of best in the league in chances created) and inevitably is somehow involved in our goals
- Work rate is unquestioned (to the point of was he overplayed at times)

What have we seen so far since preseason
- Seems more effective in the middle (can progress the ball)
- Probably a bigger goal threat than any of our other non CF players (not counting Son)

For me, I see him in the middle, behind the striker, but that brings up formation considerations
- We play 4-3-3 out of possession, putting Deki in the midfield 3, if the other "8" is Maddison puts a lot of pressure on the "6" in the system (yes, I get Deki's work rate/press from front will help, especially if paired with Son & Solanke's pressing)
- Like we saw against Everton, potentially against teams with limited ambition and us not expecting to defend as much, it's a good option.
- If we plan to play 3 normal midfielders, perhaps 2 in a more "6" focus against big teams, then the other wide options (Johnson, Werner, Wilson) all have more pace to counter with.

Interesting if he finds a starting place again regularly.

A hard fought win for the Swedes. Well deserved, Azerbaijan cleared about 20 goalmouth scrambles but they also spurned chances themselves.
Deki was Deki, solid, good play in general, he actually runs and looks a bit like Gyokeres so quite often I would think "that was good" and then realise it was not Deki.

Bergvall came on for 20 mins and played fairly poorly, perhaps he was nervous, quite a few misplaced passes and tackles. Nothing disastrous, but not the performance he dreamed of!

Back