• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

You had me going there, but I really don't think so. Kulu is at about 0.1 xT (carries) and 0.26 xT (passes) with de Bruyne right out there in terms of passing and Mitoma dribbling like it's 1994. Are you saying the complete opposite?
Sorry you're right. The best passers are up at 0.4ish and the best dribblers are up at 0.1ish. I blame red wine and too many decimal points. Really they should make it rectangular, showing the passers as having 4 times the impact.

Sorry you're right. The best passers are up at 0.4ish and the best dribblers are up at 0.1ish. I blame red wine and too many decimal points. Really they should make it rectangular, showing the passers as having 4 times the impact.
But then it wouldn't look all fancy!

Also note the nice round axis labels. Bah.

Interesting how inequal the axes are. Assuming that xT is the same on both, regardless of how it's come about, that indicates that passers are MUCH more dangerous than dribblers. While Kulu's way up there compared to other dribblers, he's still only generating 0.1 xT from dribbling -- which I presume means "likely to create 0.1 goals per 90 minutes from dribbling".

On the other hand, he's at around 0.25 xT from his passing, to give 0.35 xT total.

The TOTAL figures just goes to show how valuable de Bruyne (about 0.51 xT), Trippier (0.36), TAE (0.38) and Robertson (0.34) are. Even bloody James Milner is up there!
It makes sense. A good pass is faster than any dribble. A good pass breaks the space far more penetratively than a dribble. It's why I would always prefer a passer in midfield over a dribbler. Ideally you have both (Modric).

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Kulu on a full season will be right up there with the best in the league, I have said that for a while and I strongly believe it, bloke makes a hellu a difference to us and his actual goal involvement per game (regardless of all this expected and imagined goals b0llox)

The fact you are arguing a point that probably didn't need arguing.

I wasn't disagreeing with you.
My point was perfectly revelant.
It it didn't interest you, that's cool - just don't respond to it.
Responding to it non sensically and then trying to minimise me expressing said opinion is gaslighting.
Now I'm going to assume you wouldn't do such a thing. That leads me to conclude your post above was meant for yourself. Thanks for sharing your inner though.

Kulu on a full season will be right up there with the best in the league, I have said that for a while and I strongly believe it, bloke makes a hellu a difference to us and his actual goal involvement per game (regardless of all this expected and imagined goals b0llox)

Could not agree more, especially the bolded bit.

Thought he looked a lot better in the second half then he has since returning, lets hope he will regain his form again as he is a important player for us when he is playing with energy.

Definitely agree. Hasn't been fully himself, definitely not consistently so. Looked better. Only to be expected from a young player and when returning from injury, but very good to see those real positive signs.

Thought he looked a lot better in the second half then he has since returning, lets hope he will regain his form again as he is a important player for us when he is playing with energy.

Would like a decent replacement for moura in the summer. Somebody that will challenge kulu for a starting spot.

Jamie O'hara has said he thinks Kulu has gotten worse this season but I don't think that takes into account that it's easy to be deceived about how young he still is. Kulusevski is less of an unknown factor this season, so I do think opponents are very wary about his skill to go around players and drive the ball forward. They didn't have this benefit last season as he came out of nowhere. Also, maybe injuries have played a part in disrupting his season.
He's become one of my favorite players, and even if he hasn't been playing at the top of his game offensively, he still helps out Emerson in defense and makes good interceptions. And actually, I don't completely disagree with Jamie since his goal output has dropped but I do think generally, Kulusevski does use the ball intelligently. Always room for improvement though, but I'm confident he'll get there. Also, with Danjuma and Porro here, there will be more competition for places which I think can only be a good thing, especially with Moura winding his career down with us. Don't mind seeing him get subbed off, especially if we can manage his fitness.

What's happened?
Someone has drained his spunk.
He used to be full of swagger, sucking people in and spinning the other way, peppering shots on target.
He did shoot well yesterday on one occasion, but the extremely tall Sa managed to get a finger tip and push it around the post. Had he not, we would be singing Deki's praises and relishing his spunky resurgence.

Back