• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

Borrowed from reddit

e1gmaoq2l6ba1.jpg
Does this mean we need to buy Mitoma?!

joking aside I actually like him from the little I e seen of him.

good stats from Dejan and Persisic there.

Does this mean we need to buy Mitoma?!

joking aside I actually like him from the little I e seen of him.

good stats from Dejan and Persisic there.
Mitoma so far has been brilliant
Signed via university into club football then out on loan to hone his trade
He is very son esque in that he is two footed and just bloody smart

Borrowed from reddit

e1gmaoq2l6ba1.jpg
Interesting how inequal the axes are. Assuming that xT is the same on both, regardless of how it's come about, that indicates that passers are MUCH more dangerous than dribblers. While Kulu's way up there compared to other dribblers, he's still only generating 0.1 xT from dribbling -- which I presume means "likely to create 0.1 goals per 90 minutes from dribbling".

On the other hand, he's at around 0.25 xT from his passing, to give 0.35 xT total.

The TOTAL figures just goes to show how valuable de Bruyne (about 0.51 xT), Trippier (0.36), TAE (0.38) and Robertson (0.34) are. Even bloody James Milner is up there!

Look again, it is the opposite
You had me going there, but I really don't think so. Kulu is at about 0.1 xT (carries) and 0.26 xT (passes) with de Bruyne right out there in terms of passing and Mitoma dribbling like it's 1994. Are you saying the complete opposite?

You had me going there, but I really don't think so. Kulu is at about 0.1 xT (carries) and 0.26 xT (passes) with de Bruyne right out there in terms of passing and Mitoma dribbling like it's 1994. Are you saying the complete opposite?
I'm with you on this. The graph does need a couple of arrows to help, but the contextual captions back up your position.

That said, they have Grealish as being a threat from dribbling - so I question the methodology.

Surprised not to see Kane on the passing side of things.

so our issue is finishing.
conte needs to find a solution. half a season of slow build up and trying to penetrate organised defences shows that it won't get us top 4.

Wouldn't you need to compare xT against xG against Shots on target to come to that conclusion?

A high xT resulting in a comparatively low xG could mean poor finishing; it could also mean the xT action creates a threat, but not in the right way. IE, the angle is harder to execute a finish, or the space it's in gives a defender a better chance of affecting the play etc.
Need to know what "threat" means in xT too and if/how it's weighted.
IE, I found out a few weeks ago that "touches" isn't the number of times a player touches the ball. It's the number of times they have the ball. Loosely translates as "no of times in possession".

Wouldn't you need to compare xT against xG against Shots on target to come to that conclusion?

A high xT resulting in a comparatively low xG could mean poor finishing; it could also mean the xT action creates a threat, but not in the right way. IE, the angle is harder to execute a finish, or the space it's in gives a defender a better chance of affecting the play etc.
Need to know what "threat" means in xT too and if/how it's weighted.
IE, I found out a few weeks ago that "touches" isn't the number of times a player touches the ball. It's the number of times they have the ball. Loosely translates as "no of times in possession".

It's per 90. Perisic and kulusevski haven't played every game this season.

so our issue is finishing.
conte needs to find a solution. half a season of slow build up and trying to penetrate organised defences shows that it won't get us top 4.

Our issue has been Kulusevski not being fit for many games. Along with other players missing and the backups not being up to scratch.

I don't think we're a slow buildup team, unless the opposition just sits back and then there's not a lot of good options to slow buildup.

He’s played only 10 games, jeez no wonder we’ve struggled, our most creative players been out for almost half the league games.

Be great to have him back, along with Bentancur and Richarlson, 3 players most sides would miss.

Yeah. It may be premature to lump him in with the best in the league like De Bruyne, but he's getting there. He's been a massive miss.

Him and Romero have barely played together this season. Now we've been without Bentancur for a bit too. Puts a demand on the squad it hasn't been able to live up to.

Yep still a big gap to assists

De Bruyne 17 games, 50 chances created, 9 assists
Odegard 16 games, 31 chances created, 5 assists
Kulusevski 10 games, 14 chances created, 5 assists
Perisisc 18 games, 22 chances, 5 assists

DeBruyne is a monster.
Mitoma doesn't feature in the top 25
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers/assists

View attachment 14919
Pereira creates 2 chances per 90?! I knew he was doing well, but thats very impressive as not a small sample size - hes played in all their games. Perhaps one we should be keeping an eye on....

This shows how Pulisic is ineffective- he gives 1/10th the passing threat of KDB and a third that of Sterling.

Had always considered him a danger but I guess he’s not.

Any guesses as to the id of the player who offers zero passing threat?

Back