• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Obviously it makes him vulnerable to a ball to the far post when he is up against a 6+ attacker. Are there any tall fullbacks? Walker, Trippier, Davies are not much taller. Bale was originally a fullback but I can't think of many others...

Not a problem with Rose over other full backs at all. He's strong, has a good jump on him and seems to relish a good duel where he can inflict some pain on the opponent. When those balls to the far post happen more than often he at least makes sure it's not a free header for the attacker and more often than not that's enough.

I often feel that the oppo target his lack of height. I am not sure the Russians necessarily did but surely other teams will now see that as a weakness.

Again, not over other full backs. Not at the Euros or (more importantly) for us in the PL/CL.

Reminds me of an episode of Weakest Link, featuring 2003 England WC winning rugby squad. Always up for a wind-up. At the end of the first round a couple of chaps had answered badly.

They duly went round the call of death. First couple were Matt Dawson and A N Other (guilty of a fcuk up), who named each other - followed by everyone calling Matt Dawson. The look on his face was priceless, and it was clear he had another plan 'agreed'.

8-1 for Matt Dawson, and Anne Robinson asked a senior player-

" Matt Dawson ...... why ?"

"Because nobody likes him".​

'Collapse of stout party' personified. And he couldn't find the words to explain his destruction. Must be somewhere on youtube

Earlier this week, we all wondered what was going through the head of Danny Rose as he saw Erik Lamela completely destroy former Spurs player Andros Townsend with a vicious nutmeg.

“I thought ‘Erik, why did you do that?’ It was brilliant to watch. I just wish it was against another player and not Andros,” Rose said. “I didn’t realize I put my hands on my head until afterwards. It was a brilliant nutmeg. When Andros was here, he always used to get nutmegged five or six times in a training session. I was actually thinking throughout the game that he’s done well not to get nutmegged today and Erik did that. It was brilliant. So, sorry Andros...”

:):):)

I think it needs to be said that Danny is not just outstanding in his position, but he also seems quite mature and professional. Easily one of my favorite players now... makes Benny seem like a complete joke (and I used to rate him).

Danny has done so well over the last couple of years. From having Tim the tool man sherwood have to defend him against fuming "fans" from the sidelines, to becoming the best in the country in his position. He really is excellent. I hope he stays for a long time - potential legend material if he keeps the good work and effort up. Needs a better song though, haha.

He seems to be very committed now to the club or, perhaps more accurately, to the manager.

Recent quote: "We talked about a lot of things for about an hour and one of the first things he said was if I entered into his philosophy, he would make me into an England player, so he’s been true to his word. A lot of hard work has gone in, a lot of patience from the manager as well. Not everything has been great, he’s had to put up with a lot of mistakes I’ve made but he’s always stuck by me. Whenever he’s had to tell me off or say I’ve not done something right, there has always been great advice at the end of it. He’s been like a father figure to myself and a lot of the players here. I owe the manager and his staff a lot of praise and I hope I can continue like this during this season."

He does seem level-headed. My opinion of him has increased so much over the last couple of seasons.

Last edited:
He seems to be very committed now to the club, or perhaps more accurately, to the manager.
Recent quote: "We talked about a lot of things for about an hour and one of the first things he said was if I entered into his philosophy, he would make me into an England player, so he’s been true to his word. A lot of hard work has gone in, a lot of patience from the manager as well. Not everything has been great, he’s had to put up with a lot of mistakes I’ve made but he’s always stuck by me. Whenever he’s had to tell me off or say I’ve not done something right, there has always been great advice at the end of it. He’s been like a father figure to myself and a lot of the players here. I owe the manager and his staff a lot of praise and I hope I can continue like this during this season."

He does seem level-headed. My opinion of him has increased so much over the last couple of seasons.

A lot of praise to both Rose and Pochettino for making Rose "the best left back in England"(tm). Not least for weeding out a lot of those mistakes he mentions himself and channeling his aggression and making him more level-headed as you say Jerusalem.

Back