• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I always knew Fabregas was a decently sized clam, but after tonight's carry-on he's ascended to the same stratosphere as Costa and Suarez in terms of pure clamishness IMO.
He ascended to that when he said on national television that he wanted Liecesster to win the league when he still had to play both us and them.

Rose is my nomination for most improved player this season.

He was pretty decent last season but this season his consistency of performance week in and week out has been impressive. I didn't think I would see it but he has arrived as a decent FB.

Dembele has to be in that conversation too.

Personally I don't think Rose has improved one bit,

he was fudgeing awesome last season as well.

Impossible choice -> Dier & Dembele have to be there, Lamela, Rose, possibly even Walker (much more consistent, key part of team now)

Rose was at the Sunderland-Everton game last Wednesday (Sunderland's official Twitter account put out a picture of him before the game), apparently with the permission of the club. Now, ITK going around is suggesting that he got sloshed with Sunderland's players after their win, and thus missed his flight back to London, which is why he was benched yesterday (source: Spurscommunity via r/coys).

Any truth to that, or anyone connected to Rose or his entourage (I know we have someone here who's ITK about Mason) who can confirm or deny this?

Rose was at the Sunderland-Everton game last Wednesday; Sunderland's official Twitter account put out a picture of him before the game), apparently with the permission of the club. Now, ITK going around is suggesting that he got sloshed with Sunderland's players after their win, and thus missed his flight back to London, which is why he was benched yesterday (source: r/coys).

Any truth to that, or anyone connected to Rose or his entourage (I know we have someone here who's ITK about Mason) who can confirm or deny this?

I saw this rumour, and the fact that because of missing his flight back on Weds night, he missed training on Thursday.
But on the OS, he features in the photos from Thursday's training session. So certainly that part of the rumour was wrong.
I would not want to imagine the wrath of Poch if it were true.

Well this is nice to read.
I'd be interested to meet Rose and chat to him to see what he's like as a man. He's accused of being sullen, a hot-head, having little-man syndrome (I was guilty in the past of leveling that at him), I've even seen him called bi-polar.
Now I think he's just an example of how there's so much more to a person beyond what can be seen through the narrow window that we usually only have access to.

http://hotspurhq.com/2016/05/31/tottenhams-danny-rose-thanks-sunderland-for-opportunity/?

Well this is nice to read.
I'd be interested to meet Rose and chat to him to see what he's like as a man. He's accused of being sullen, a hot-head, having little-man syndrome (I was guilty in the past of leveling that at him), I've even seen him called bi-polar.
Now I think he's just an example of how there's so much more to a person beyond what can be seen through the narrow window that we usually only have access to.

http://hotspurhq.com/2016/05/31/tottenhams-danny-rose-thanks-sunderland-for-opportunity/?

I met him after the United game

He is a very straight character and not chatty to people he didnt know (unlike his driver who was a loon and was drunk so Danny Rose had to drive)

He said he loves the fans and loves the fight being given by all (at the time)

He is tiny close up but in my photo with him I look like the dwarf

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-gareth-bale-wales-euro-2016?CMP=share_btn_tw

Article mostly related to Rose and Bale in context of next week's game, but some good words from Rose about Poch :
I’ve never had a manager take time to work on me as a left-back and help me improve until Mauricio came to Tottenham.
“That’s no disrespect to any of the other coaches I’ve worked under, but it’s shown in the last couple of years. He’s always said he wants me to play with the same arrogance as Marcelo at Real Madrid. Every time he goes out he looks like he thinks he’s the best in the world, and Pochettino wants me to have the same attitude when I play for Spurs. That comes with confidence. Towards the end of the season I felt very confident and, once I get to that level, I start to take more risks on the ball. It’s something I enjoy.”

And his take on the Chelski game :
“I’ve apologised on behalf of Tottenham before for what happened in the game but, strangely enough, I wouldn’t change anything apart from the result,” Rose said, before acknowledging Dembélé’s sanction and the number of bookings were worthy of a rethink.
“I would have loved to have won but how we fought for each other … we’ve shown we’re not a pushover. That is why I play football, games like that. To feel the hatred from the Chelsea fans and their players beforehand. It was amazing. That’s now the first fixture we’re looking at next season: Chelsea at home and Chelsea away.”

I love the passion and enthusiasm but I don't want to see these fixtures being built up into some sort of revenge-fests, it will just add unnecessary pressure. We know we can beat them.
I am so pleased things are coming good for Danny. He has improved and impressed so much - and it is great to see him now getting a well deserved place in the England team.

agree with the above and pleased to see him getting the international recognition. Think he looks completely comfortable at that level - as if he's got 50 caps already.

Lallana and Alli actually supported Walker decently enough in defending the right flank but Rose didn't get much help from Sterling on the left and still dealt with most threats comfortably. I think Rose was my MOTM.

Lallana and Alli actually supported Walker decently enough in defending the right flank but Rose didn't get much help from Sterling on the left and still dealt with most threats comfortably. I think Rose was my MOTM.

Sterling was a complete farce. If he starts next match then Hodgson is a complete clown

Back