• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Great performance from this guy and I love his drive. I thought Benny was brilliant under Harry, but Rose has eclipsed him now.

he is quite short for a modern defender.

200_s.gif

Many of the best modern day full backs are of similar height:

Danny Rose 1.73m
Patrice Evra 1.73m
Marcelo 1.72m
Dani Alves 1.72m
Jordi Alba 1.7m
Philipp Lahm 1.7m

I feel very old, because those measurements mean absolutely nothing to me! Yes, I can do the conversion maths, just about, but give me good ole' imperial anyday. 1.Xm just does not have the same visual as talking feet and inches. Dinosaur that I am.

He j
I feel very old, because those measurements mean absolutely nothing to me! Yes, I can do the conversion maths, just about, but give me good ole' imperial anyday. 1.Xm just does not have the same visual as talking feet and inches. Dinosaur that I am.

Every 30 cms is a foot roughly
So he is 5'9 according to that

Having met him and I'm 5'9 is say he is nearer 5'6 to be honest

Rose 5'8", Lahm 5'7".

Those measurements probably aren't entirely accurate but either way they're all around the same height.

1.73 is 5'8 really.

I've used metric my entire life but I still can visualise imperial height measurements far easier than metric.

Same here.

Obviously it makes him vulnerable to a ball to the far post when he is up against a 6+ attacker. Are there any tall fullbacks? Walker, Trippier, Davies are not much taller. Bale was originally a fullback but I can't think of many others...

Obviously it makes him vulnerable to a ball to the far post when he is up against a 6+ attacker. Are there any tall fullbacks? Walker, Trippier, Davies are not much taller. Bale was originally a fullback but I can't think of many others...

Davies has played centre back before os is assume he is taller

But full backs aren't there for aerial dominance, their there for wing play and defending their sides

The last tall full ball for us was Corluka and he had the turning circle of a tank. He could play but got caught in the turn due his lack of mobility so one has to pay off against the other

Walker and Davies are about 6' afaik.

I often feel that the oppo target his lack of height. I am not sure the Russians necessarily did but surely other teams will now see that as a weakness.

Davies has played centre back before os is assume he is taller

But full backs aren't there for aerial dominance, their there for wing play and defending their sides

The last tall full ball for us was Corluka and he had the turning circle of a tank. He could play but got caught in the turn due his lack of mobility so one has to pay off against the other

You mean, can turn on the spot like a tank ?

Vertonghen is 6'2" ;)

Back