• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Agree in theory but a lot of their public announcements make them appear as if they have the highest possible opinion of themselves without a lot of substance to back it up.

It's why a lot of people find them deeply irritating!

I don't pay enough attention to be honest so have probably missed some announcements. I do think fair play to them though for kicking up a fuss over the ESL, and some of the ticketing stuff in the survey is pretty good. From reading comments on here you'd think people are happy for the club to do whatever they want without a thought for fans, I don't understand that logic.

I don't pay enough attention to be honest so have probably missed some announcements. I do think fair play to them though for kicking up a fuss over the ESL, and some of the ticketing stuff in the survey is pretty good. From reading comments on here you'd think people are happy for the club to do whatever they want without a thought for fans, I don't understand that logic.
To be fair I think most people on here are pretty fed up with what's been going on at the club over the last few years!

Have to admit, that was a well designed survey. Don’t really care what the results are or what the Trust does with them. But the meticulous survey scripting goes to show that the querulous, pompous tone the Trust adopts for open letters and the like is deliberate rather than accidental. They’ve worked hard at entitled prathood and they go about it with professionalism.
I like entitled prathood as a description.

I prefer bureaucratic windbaggery but it's good all the same.

Not sure I understand all the negativity towards the trust. I'm not a trust member nor a Levy/ENIC hater but with the way the game is going, surely its better for fans to have a voice and be seen and heard by the club. As a paying customer/season ticket holder i filled it out with honest answers. Surely its a good thing to gauge supporters feelings?

This place is a pro ENIC forum. Debate for the most part is welcomed here but criticism of ENIC doesn’t go down well in some quarters. But as I said, most posters will debate with you save for a few idiots.

Not sure I understand all the negativity towards the trust. I'm not a trust member nor a Levy/ENIC hater but with the way the game is going, surely its better for fans to have a voice and be seen and heard by the club. As a paying customer/season ticket holder i filled it out with honest answers. Surely its a good thing to gauge supporters feelings?

The Trust in theory could be a good idea, here's my dislike

- Is their mission the best interest of Tottenham (e.g. long term success, reputation, etc.) or is it a fan representation body? (e.g. all they care about is cheap tickets and fan appeasement), that needs to be a clear
- Their attitude to the ESL was entirely too combative, the decision to not take a meeting with Levy and demand to meet Lewis honestly is just fudging stupid and exposes them as people (who despite the protestations of others) know nothing about negotiating with a large Enterprise
- They also seem quite happy to tarnish the image of the club (as do some supporters), which again to me goes back to point one, clarify your mission
- They have no plan, you want board members fired, you want a seat at the table, you want fan representation -> to what end, what skillset do you plan to bring, what ideas for moving the club forward do you have?
- Where is the money, again I challenge anyone who wants ENIC out or fans having a seat at the board, ok, go to ENIC demand a seat at 10%/20% investment (that's how you get on boards), demand that 10-20% goes directly into squad investment

It's super easy to bitch about brick (hey, this entire forum is exactly for that), but if you are going to build an organization that actually engages the club, bring something to the table, if you love Spurs, please enlighten me how you are going to work to make the club more successful because honestly I don't give a brick about away ticket pricing and points allocations ..

Since it will probably be asked, I filled out the survey

- Is their mission the best interest of Tottenham (e.g. long term success, reputation, etc.) or is it a fan representation body? (e.g. all they care about is cheap tickets and fan appeasement), that needs to be a clear
- Their attitude to the ESL was entirely too combative, the decision to not take a meeting with Levy and demand to meet Lewis honestly is just fudging stupid and exposes them as people (who despite the protestations of others) know nothing about negotiating with a large Enterprise
- They also seem quite happy to tarnish the image of the club (as do some supporters), which again to me goes back to point one, clarify your mission
- They have no plan, you want board members fired, you want a seat at the table, you want fan representation -> to what end, what skillset do you plan to bring, what ideas for moving the club forward do you have?
- Where is the money, again I challenge anyone who wants ENIC out or fans having a seat at the board, ok, go to ENIC demand a seat at 10%/20% investment (that's how you get on boards), demand that 10-20% goes directly into squad investment

It's super easy to bitch about brick (hey, this entire forum is exactly for that), but if you are going to build an organization that actually engages the club, bring something to the table, if you love Spurs, please enlighten me how you are going to work to make the club more successful because honestly I don't give a brick about away ticket pricing and points allocations ..

Some good points there.... Your last point is why the survey is a good thing.... I am concerned about obtaining away tickets... the survey should help establish whether that is a common thing worth taking forward or insignificant as there are so few people who care about it.

Some good points there.... Your last point is why the survey is a good thing.... I am concerned about obtaining away tickets... the survey should help establish whether that is a common thing worth taking forward or insignificant as there are so few people who care about it.

Yeah, absolutely but if you look at the survey all up

Lots of questions about
- Ticket pricing, stewarding, seat allocation, safe standing, ticket buying process
- Anti-racism, inclusiveness, community

I'd go as far as to say the majority of it, then a little on ENIC, On field, Football Pyramid (I truly don't fudging care) and European Cup reform (bit of a stretch)

I read that and what I see is

- A fan representation organization

I don't see a "trust" that gives a brick about the club Tottenham Hotspur.

Again, that's fine, there are places for fan representation but they need to be absolutely clear about it because they intentionally or not present themselves as positioning the best interests of the club, which would obviously be a conflict of interest to a fan representation body.

Cheers for replying. From my limited knowledge it would appear they want club success and fans gripes to be considered. Not easy!
As a match going fan I do care about ticket prices and being able to get to away games. I guess we all have different priorities

Seems they are very demanding in terms of what they are asking from the board - they may have been like that for a while ( I don't know ) but i think the ESL is the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of supporters. To me this isn't just about ENIC in or out - some of my answers to the leading questions were pro ENIC (such as how do you think the club has performed the last 10 years).

The majority of fans I know are working class people who have pumped their money in to the club for the past 10/20+ years. I don't know if they have a particular skillset but fans are a part of the club and should be considered/listened to, even if the considerations are eventually ignored. We are here supporting the club year in year out after all

Cheers for replying. From my limited knowledge it would appear they want club success and fans gripes to be considered. Not easy!
As a match going fan I do care about ticket prices and being able to get to away games. I guess we all have different priorities

Seems they are very demanding in terms of what they are asking from the board - they may have been like that for a while ( I don't know ) but i think the ESL is the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of supporters. To me this isn't just about ENIC in or out - some of my answers to the leading questions were pro ENIC (such as how do you think the club has performed the last 10 years).

The majority of fans I know are working class people who have pumped their money in to the club for the past 10/20+ years. I don't know if they have a particular skillset but fans are a part of the club and should be considered/listened to, even if the considerations are eventually ignored. We are here supporting the club year in year out after all

Yep, but similar to the conversation with @Finney Is Back

- Their primary concern is fan issues -> "ticket pricing, fixture scheduling, policing and safety, and governance. Our remit extends to all off-field matters."
- I'm ok with the survey, I filled it out, data is always good

But based on that remit, I don't see how forcing a meeting with Joe Lewis to talk about ESL and asking for current board to resign is anything but an overreach.

I'd also say what fans do they represent? all fans globally, UK fans, season ticket holders, as you can tell from this forum alone it's a pretty broad spectrum.

For me, I completely acknowledge ticket prices, allocation, transport are important things for a lot of fans and kudos to them for doing something there.

What I don't see is the acknowledgement that the success of Spurs is a good thing, and to get there we need a plan, we need to make some compromises and we need to not take every fudging opportunity to try to tear down the thing we claim we love. Example, there are a thousand pages saying Levy needs to step back from football, hire a DoF and have the DoF hire the manager, ok, then why the fudging reaction in next manager thread to what appears to be exactly that?

The board at THST do have a skill set they say, but I’d argue if they did have the skills they should recognise their own issues.
Their principles are IMO great
Their communication is awful. They don’t manage the message well and come across as either weak or arrogant when I don’t think their either… and they say that have some marketeers in their team

No i leave most of the whinging posts on here to you, especially when it comes to Levy.
Unfair. Finney is capably backed up by a number of others meaning that he does not shoulder the burden of most whinging. Like a muck-spreader in a field, it gets distributed far and wide. ;)

I've done the survey. Not a Trust member and my view of them varies depending on the aspect under question. I appreciated the space to give comment and thought a number of the questions were well-designed, hopefully will lead to meaningful data being collected for use by the club. Other questions were clearly slanted or leading.

Yep, but similar to the conversation with @Finney Is Back

- Their primary concern is fan issues -> "ticket pricing, fixture scheduling, policing and safety, and governance. Our remit extends to all off-field matters."
- I'm ok with the survey, I filled it out, data is always good

But based on that remit, I don't see how forcing a meeting with Joe Lewis to talk about ESL and asking for current board to resign is anything but an overreach.

I'd also say what fans do they represent? all fans globally, UK fans, season ticket holders, as you can tell from this forum alone it's a pretty broad spectrum.

For me, I completely acknowledge ticket prices, allocation, transport are important things for a lot of fans and kudos to them for doing something there.

What I don't see is the acknowledgement that the success of Spurs is a good thing, and to get there we need a plan, we need to make some compromises and we need to not take every fudging opportunity to try to tear down the thing we claim we love. Example, there are a thousand pages saying Levy needs to step back from football, hire a DoF and have the DoF hire the manager, ok, then why the fudging reaction in next manager thread to what appears to be exactly that?
Wanting a DOF is one part of the discussion. Who is actually appointed is another.

Just because some people want a DOF does not mean that they would be happy with Mike Basset in the role.

I'm personally happy to give Prataci a go. I have no real perception of his pluses or negatives so he gets a clean slate and will judged based purely on the work he does here.

Back