• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

In the manager thread I am pretty positive on Fonseca. I think it really looks like a good, well thought through strategic plan. It makes a lot of sense for where we are as a club. I think we are signing up to top 4 at best, which in the grand scheme of things is no different to where we were under Harry. But that’s where we are.

Because it looks like such a well thought through plan though, my criticism of our club’s use of the media remains. I frankly don’t think there was a cat in hell’s chance Poch was thinking seriously about coming back. I don’t think Conte was ever as close to joining as it was briefed. I think the club took the fans for a ride there and I will always be suspicious of the timing.

But anyway, Levy is doing what needs to be done to get himself away from football decisions. Short of ENIC selling, that is all we can ask.

I agree. Results will largely dictate pressure directed at ENIC. Hard to really gauge fan opinion at the moment as we haven’t had people in the stands for the best part of 18 months. If we get off to a bad start then it could turn ugly for ENIC quickly but honestly I think we would need to have at least another year or two of continued regression before any sustained pressure builds. If we get off to a good start and have a relatively good season (top 6) then I think most of the bad feelings go away.
The only person who can put pressure on Levy or ENIC is Lewis.

Has anyone thought that we may not be a top 6 club? Poch had us punching above our weight, take away the Champions League final and what did we actually achieve and how were we before he came in?

I think this all comes down to the fans acting like spoilt kids again. We tried to act like a big club but don’t have the money to actually be a big club.

Has anyone thought that we may not be a top 6 club? Poch had us punching above our weight, take away the Champions League final and what did we actually achieve and how were we before he came in?

I think this all comes down to the fans acting like spoilt kids again. We tried to act like a big club but don’t have the money to actually be a big club.

We were comfortably in the top 6 long before Poch came along though right?

You're right, there are thousands of other clubs we could support if we wanted to.

Not really, football fans are tribal and get sucked into supporting their team. Supporting another club is not an option. I'm sure Levy and Enic do not share the same opinion as you.

We were comfortably in the top 6 long before Poch came along though right?
But Liverpool and City were not the massive powerhouses they are now in terms of on the field, add Leicester to the equation and we are no where near the top 6 really. We may have only just missed out on the top 6 but that would have been undeserved imo.

Cant see why we shouldn't have ambitions as fans to do better and it's glaringly obvious that our budget is not Chelsea, City or United... however fans have an opinion about how the club goes about tackling the transfer season and how the money is used.

We get beaten to players by lesser clubs and shop in a market lower than what we can afford. Our transfer policy is a complete shambles.

It's been going on for a long time. The money and club value should reflect our strategy in the transfer market, otherwise like you said we are a glorified mid table team punting at best to get lucky.

What lesser clubs have beaten us to the signing of players we wanted?

I suppose you could argue Wijnaldum & Mane when they went to Liverpool when we were above them in the league - but i can't think of any others

Not really, football fans are tribal and get sucked into supporting their team. Supporting another club is not an option. I'm sure Levy and Enic do not share the same opinion as you.
That just means that ENIC have even more leverage and can do whatever they want even more than they could otherwise.

I'm fairly sure Levy and ENIC do share my opinion, you and every other fan will be treated just as any customer whose expenditure amounts to 0.0003% of turnover should.

Hmm, I highly doubt Levy reversed the furlough scheme decision or pulled out of the ESL because of pressure from Joe Lewis.
He pulled out of the ESL because it no longer existed.

Any change to the use of the furlough scheme would have been down to corporate advertising/sponsorship values Vs savings.

I suppose you could argue Wijnaldum & Mane when they went to Liverpool when we were above them in the league - but i can't think of any others

Basically any player that a smaller club signs that does really good.

That just means that ENIC have even more leverage and can do whatever they want even more than they could otherwise.

I'm fairly sure Levy and ENIC do share my opinion, you and every other fan will be treated just as any customer whose expenditure amounts to 0.0003% of turnover should.

It does give Enic Leverage it's quite obvious. And yes a small made up number reflects that.

I dont think they can do whatever they want ... Super league springs to mind and then the back peddling once the fans turned on them.

We don't know the full extent of every player, but the two mentioned certainly make the point. It's also the clubs policy of getting transfers done late in fear of the big boys stepping in. Yet teams like Leicester do their business quickly and efficiently, having identified players likely to join without the likes of the big boys stepping in.

We end up with players like Saha, Nelson, Rodon ... neither of which were being chased by the bigger teams. How is that a transfer policy? Don't go for top players coz someone else will get them, wait until the last minute and see what's available .... usually the players no one wants.

We don't know the full extent of every player, but the two mentioned certainly make the point. It's also the clubs policy of getting transfers done late in fear of the big boys stepping in. Yet teams like Leicester do their business quickly and efficiently, having identified players likely to join without the likes of the big boys stepping in.

We end up with players like Saha, Nelson, Rodon ... neither of which were being chased by the bigger teams. How is that a transfer policy? Don't go for top players coz someone else will get them, wait until the last minute and see what's available .... usually the players no one wants.

Saha and nelson were in january. We spend our transfer budget in the summer. Jan is and always will be a desperation window. Unless you sign a player out of contract and do a deal to bring it forward.

Levy and Enic want fans onside. Not only is the stadium the variable that sets us apart, so happy paying customers are good, it just makes Levy's job so much more enjoyable if there is unity. Weren't 'fans' associated with the trust chanting death chants about him. Was open to the trust before this. No class.

It does give Enic Leverage it's quite obvious. And yes a small made up number reflects that.

I dont think they can do whatever they want ... Super league springs to mind and then the back peddling once the fans turned on them.
It's not a made up number. It's £1200 as a proportion of our pre-COVID turnover.

Your custom is genuinely worth 0.0003% of the club's turnover.

You think we'd have walked away from the ESL if it were still going?

Back