• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Wanting a DOF is one part of the discussion. Who is actually appointed is another.

Just because some people want a DOF does not mean that they would be happy with Mike Basset in the role.

I'm personally happy to give Prataci a go. I have no real perception of his pluses or negatives so he gets a clean slate and will judged based purely on the work he does here.

The problem is that anyone that comes in will be working under the pretense of turning a pretty penny into a pound and subsequently thrown under a bus.

Levy doesn't set the stall to make a success but to do just enough to test his luck, when it inevitably fails the door is always shown.

No manager or DOF will make it under Levy, he just doesn't give the right tools to succeed.

It's glaringly obvious that we are a club that is happy just to bring the money in and remaining "competitive" just enough to get fans through the door and stay somewhat relavent.

Enic and levy are the equivalent chairman of teams that just want to stay in the league and avoid relegation. If those teams finish 12th it's like a champions league finish and success.

With enic and spurs if we make it into Europe then we have more games to play, more fans in attendance, so they are happy.

Just not ambitious enough to win, just enough to make a profit.

The problem is that anyone that comes in will be working under the pretense of turning a pretty penny into a pound and subsequently thrown under a bus.

Levy doesn't set the stall to make a success but to do just enough to test his luck, when it inevitably fails the door is always shown.

No manager or DOF will make it under Levy, he just doesn't give the right tools to succeed.

It's glaringly obvious that we are a club that is happy just to bring the money in and remaining "competitive" just enough to get fans through the door and stay somewhat relavent.

Enic and levy are the equivalent chairman of teams that just want to stay in the league and avoid relegation. If those teams finish 12th it's like a champions league finish and success.

With enic and spurs if we make it into Europe then we have more games to play, more fans in attendance, so they are happy.

Just not ambitious enough to win, just enough to make a profit.
I agree with all of that, but I will give the new guy all my support and hope he is the one to mould Levy to his way rather than the opposite.

I agree with all of that, but I will give the new guy all my support and hope he is the one to mould Levy to his way rather than the opposite.

How long are you prepared to hold your breath? Of course I back all managers, DOFs, players whatever to give them a chance. But as always the common denominator is Levy and Enic, we fans are expected to put up with it.

I just hope, again I won't hold my breath, Levys new stadium will actually allow us to buy players with efficiency and not be scared of pushing the boat out ... but i just cant see Levy ever-changing his spots.

I get it though, if i had a business i would give the keys to Levy, he is excellent at money management, but the football club is now just that, a business. "There used to be a football club over there" ...

How long are you prepared to hold your breath? Of course I back all managers, DOFs, players whatever to give them a chance. But as always the common denominator is Levy and Enic, we fans are expected to put up with it.

I just hope, again I won't hold my breath, Levys new stadium will actually allow us to buy players with efficiency and not be scared of pushing the boat out ... but i just cant see Levy ever-changing his spots.

I get it though, if i had a business i would give the keys to Levy, he is excellent at money management, but the football club is now just that, a business. "There used to be a football club over there" ...

It's funny but Burkinshaw never actually said that. It was the journalist that said it to him, he just nodded.

Yep, but similar to the conversation with @Finney Is Back
What I don't see is the acknowledgement that the success of Spurs is a good thing, and to get there we need a plan, we need to make some compromises and we need to not take every fudging opportunity to try to tear down the thing we claim we love. Example, there are a thousand pages saying Levy needs to step back from football, hire a DoF and have the DoF hire the manager, ok, then why the fudging reaction in next manager thread to what appears to be exactly that?
I'm fine if Paratici thinks that Fonseca is the right man for the job. Paratici (assuming he is actually coming in) will have the information from Levy on what the transfer and wage budget is, he can therefore make an informed choice on which manager would be best to operate under whatever those conditions are. It seems to me that Fonseca is a manager that works with the squad he has and does not complain at having to sell players and operate at a net transfer loss. If those are the measures being imposed from the owners then the DoF has to bring in the best person to operate in that way.

There is no point in bringing in a Mourinho or a Conte and telling them they have hardly any net funds to use for transfers. We need the best possible manager for our particular s(h)ituation. Maybe in a few years time, if Fonseca can over achieve and keep us in and around the Europa/Conference League for a few years, the stadium opens up fully and we realise more revenue, while Paratici is busy doing what he is apparently good at and spotting young talent then Paratici can make another decision at that point on whether Fonseca deserves a chance to manage a club that can now have significant net transfer funds.

If our budget is zero we need the best manager out there for having zero budget. Personally, I think the smallest gamble here would probably be Sean Dyche and I'd like to see what Dyche could do at a bigger club but Fonseca also sounds a sensible choice in that he obviously knows how to operate under constraints.

Actually, we fans choose to put up with it.

This is ENIC's club, they can run it however they choose.

Actually, we fans choose to put up with it.

This is ENIC's club, they can run it however they choose.

No doubt about it, we fans are self entitled to have an opinion even if it falls on deaf ears. However fan pressure can oust owners of clubs as often seen.

If they decided to asset strip and get us relegated, you would be saying the same thing?

No doubt about it, we fans are self entitled to have an opinion even if it falls on deaf ears. However fan pressure can oust owners of clubs as often seen.

If they decided to asset strip and get us relegated, you would be saying the same thing?

How the hell is fan pressure going to get someone to spend over £1.5bn on buying the club? The opposite is more likely, putting off potential investors and sponsors.

How the hell is fan pressure going to get someone to spend over £1.5bn on buying the club? The opposite is more likely, putting off potential investors and sponsors.

What you mean like the chap who owns Spotify and is a gooner trying to buy the club from owners who do not want to sell? He is a fan and wants to take the team forward.

Have a look at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, their fans want Ashley out and he was ready to pack his bags after years of having negative relationship with the fans, fortunately the saudis were vetoed.

How the hell you ask? Pretty logical you only have to look at Sugar when he sold up after feeling pressure and when the money was right he walked.

What you mean like the chap who owns Spotify and is a gooner trying to buy the club from owners who do not want to sell? He is a fan and wants to take the team forward.

Have a look at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, their fans want Ashley out and he was ready to pack his bags after years of having negative relationship with the fans, fortunately the saudis were vetoed.

How the hell you ask? Pretty logical you only have to look at Sugar when he sold up after feeling pressure and when the money was right he walked.

When the money is right. Lewis decides when to sell. Do you think he gives a crap that there are some fans with £nic out cards? If someone comes in with the money they'll sell. If they don't they wont.
All you will do is create a miserable atmosphere for fans who want to watch a game of football.

If you hate them that much, stop going to games, cancel your sky subscription, don't buy a shirt. Then when they do sell come back. You will probably be a lot happier as will everyone else.

When the money is right. Lewis decides when to sell. Do you think he gives a crap that there are I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you with £nic out cards? If someone comes in with the money they'll sell. If they don't they wont.
All you will do is create a miserable atmosphere for fans who want to watch a game of football.

If you hate them that much, stop going to games, cancel your sky subscription, don't buy a shirt. Then when they do sell come back. You will probably be a lot happier as will everyone else.

Best post ever.

I know he doesn't give a flying fudge what I think or what many fans think, but build up momentum, and newspapers start taking note, as they already have increasing pressure on Levy and Enic.

So I am responsible for creating a miserable atmosphere? Really. I put my misery and thoughts down to the management of the club making me miserable, not being able to share the club's vision and feeling detached for the first time in many a moon.

Thanks for the advice, you crack on happy clapping and cheering the likes of Dier etc, I am a paying fan and have the right to have an opinion. Incidentally, this is a forum where you can express your opinion.

Yes. Anyone who doesn't like the idea can stump up a couple of £Bn and do something different.

Best post ever.

I know he doesn't give a flying fudge what I think or what many fans think, but build up momentum, and newspapers start taking note, as they already have increasing pressure on Levy and Enic.

So I am responsible for creating a miserable atmosphere? Really. I put my misery and thoughts down to the management of the club making me miserable, not being able to share the club's vision and feeling detached for the first time in many a moon.

Thanks for the advice, you crack on happy clapping and cheering the likes of Dier etc, I am a paying fan and have the right to have an opinion. Incidentally, this is a forum where you can express your opinion.

Mate, what he was trying to explain is

- There is zero pressure on Levy that he doesn't put there himself.
- Spurs as a business is doing extremely well long term, and if next season has regular attendance allowed, will do even better.

The media is having fun at our expense until the next fudge up comes along, OGS loses a few games early next season, etc.

The club will do gestures to keep bad PR at a minimum, but that's all it is.

@Lilbaz is correct, if you don't like it, give up your tickets, cancel your tv subscriptions, don't buy merch, don't follow Spurs media. And if you are right (i.e. "so many" people are fed up with Levy & ENIC), maybe that brings some pressure

If not, the alternative is as @scaramanga said, find someone with ££££

But lets be clear, Levy fudging knows if the next manager wins 3 games on the bounce and plays decent football, all is forgotten .. because that's how supporters are.

Mate, what he was trying to explain is

- There is zero pressure on Levy that he doesn't put there himself.
- Spurs as a business is doing extremely well long term, and if next season has regular attendance allowed, will do even better.

The media is having fun at our expense until the next fudge up comes along, OGS loses a few games early next season, etc.

The club will do gestures to keep bad PR at a minimum, but that's all it is.

@Lilbaz is correct, if you don't like it, give up your tickets, cancel your tv subscriptions, don't buy merch, don't follow Spurs media. And if you are right (i.e. "so many" people are fed up with Levy & ENIC), maybe that brings some pressure

If not, the alternative is as @scaramanga said, find someone with ££££

But lets be clear, Levy fudging knows if the next manager wins 3 games on the bounce and plays decent football, all is forgotten .. because that's how supporters are.

Lets not pretend that we are the only puppet club the media use to spin their yarn, we are not the victims here. Spurs sell papers as do other clubs as you pointed out.

How is any other supporter right telling me to either love it or lump it ok? I am spurs fan equal to you or any other and have an opinion we may disagree or agree but we are still all spurs fans. My stance is quite clear about the current owners. Will it stop me from following Spurs or football? No.

Lets not pretend that we are the only puppet club the media use to spin their yarn, we are not the victims here. Spurs sell papers as do other clubs as you pointed out.

How is any other supporter right telling me to either love it or lump it ok? I am spurs fan equal to you or any other and have an opinion we may disagree or agree but we are still all spurs fans. My stance is quite clear about the current owners. Will it stop me from following Spurs or football? No.

Mate, if we were supporters by choice, very few of us would be here (we all have to be a bit mad to love Spurs)

My comment was more re the belief that Levy/ENIC is under any real pressure, bad PR at the moment = yes, pressure = don't see it unless we have another really bad season (no European football is fiscal pressure that hurts more than fan)

Mate, if we were supporters by choice, very few of us would be here (we all have to be a bit mad to love Spurs)

My comment was more re the belief that Levy/ENIC is under any real pressure, bad PR at the moment = yes, pressure = don't see it unless we have another really bad season (no European football is fiscal pressure that hurts more than fan)

I agree. Results will largely dictate pressure directed at ENIC. Hard to really gauge fan opinion at the moment as we haven’t had people in the stands for the best part of 18 months. If we get off to a bad start then it could turn ugly for ENIC quickly but honestly I think we would need to have at least another year or two of continued regression before any sustained pressure builds. If we get off to a good start and have a relatively good season (top 6) then I think most of the bad feelings go away.

Back