• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Fairly easy to get work permits there and Brazilians speak the same language, so it's always been a way to get into the European market.

Sure, the Portuguese league is in a good position to do stuff like that, I still think they are doing a very good job and developing some great players.

What does 32m bring you....

An overhyped egomaniac Belgium taco international currently plying his trade in an overhyped brick French League.

Premier League debt
Chelsea ?ú734m
Manchester United ?ú439m
Fulham ?ú190m
Saudi Sportswashing Machine ?ú150m
Liverpool ?ú123m
Aston Villa ?ú110m
Arsenal ?ú97.8m
Bolton Wanderers ?ú93m
Tottenham ?ú78.6m
Wigan Athletic ?ú73m
Sunderland ?ú66m
QPR ?ú56.1m
Everton ?ú45m
Emirates Marketing Project ?ú41m
Blackburn Rovers ?ú21m
Norwich ?ú16.8m
Stoke City ?ú8m
West Bromwich ?ú2m
Swansea ?ú0m
Wolves ?ú0m

There are a few interesting things to notice. For all the jibes directed towards Emirates Marketing Project, it is important to recognise that the owner doesn't load debt onto the club (the ?ú41m shown above appears at the end of the accounting period and the owner will pay-off any underlying debt by buying equity in the club). Wealthy benefactors such as Abramovic, Ashley (Saudi Sportswashing Machine) and Al-Fayed (Fulham) have still not yet converted the club debt to equity (a pattern generally repeated at other benefactor clubs).

Edit: Robbed from the interweb of course.
How can little Emirates Marketing Project only be 41 million in debt. They're ruining football. We should still sing "you've never won fudge all" to them as they've only won one more league title than we have.

Andre Villas-Boas has been paid a staggering ?ú12million in compensation for being fired by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.
The Stamford Bridge club confirmed the Portuguese coach, who lasted just seven months, has now settled his claim with them, after being sacked in March.
Chelsea also had to fork out a ?ú10m ÔÇÿtransfer feeÔÇÖ when they hired Villas-Boas after he won the treble in his first season with Porto.
It means the total bill for Villas-Boas, including his ?ú125,000-a-week salary, stands at ?ú32m for just seven monthsÔÇÖ work.
?ú10m to hire him
125k x 28 weeks = ?ú3.5m
?ú12m payoff

Which is ?ú25.5m give or take a week

Where does it make ?ú32m?

Ah, maybe that's how they added it up.

Either way it is about ?ú1,000,000 per week for AVB

ONE MILLION POUNDS PER WEEK

That is the sign of a well run, FFP stable club

OT - Can Chel$ki be stopped?

Now we've seen Chelsea first hand, what do we make of them?

Coming back from a goal down away from home at a ground that recently they've not done too well at must be giving them increased confidence and also making teams fear them a whole lot more. I must say grudgingly that the 3rd goal that Mata scored must have been beautiful to watch for neutrals, and I'm not sure i've seen many teams (certainly not Chelsea in the last 5 years) carve us open like butter like that - defensive positioning notwithstanding.

I can't decide whether they would have been been more cautious in their approach had we had Dembele and Bale or whether we may have shown the other top 6 PL teams how to get at them (i thought our goals showed they are vulnerable from good set-piece delivery and also to pace when being run at).

So what do people now think of the team that are playing in the CL instead of us and where do they think they'll finish?

Re: OT - Can Chel$ki be stopped?

I said at halftime of their game against the Arse that they'll make a big run for the title. They have a lot of quality in their squad - the real test will be after the wheels come loose and they go on a bad run

Lets just see what happens after they lose a game. I reckon it is much better to judge a team on how they react after a loss. For example, if they HAD lost to us yesterday, they'd of had the EXACT same start they had last year under AVB with 6 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss from the opening 8 league games.

They have Man Utd coming up next, a big game. Not just for Chelsea but for Man Utd who haven't looked the most convincing so far this season. If they can play Man Utd off the park and beat them comfortably then I'll judge them on that, they lose (whether it's a comfortable win for United or not), we'll see what they are like the following week against Swansea away.

Forgot to mention their game next sunday against manure; can Fergie get a win there with his midfield limitations but with his potent attack and Valencia on the wing?

That is going to be some match.

I think they can be stopped, absolutely. A full-strength us yesterday and I believe we'd have at least got a point.

Well i think they are the best team i have seen so far this season, i think they or City have the best chance of the title this season.

Also, I wonder how people think they'd get on vs Mourinho's Real Madrid side, or for that matter how do they compare against Mourinho Chelski side of 2004-2006?

I'm not obsessed with Chelski, honest8-[ but I must say the movement and fluidity and potency has surprised me (though if you take away Mata I think they are a LOT less effective imo)

Their defence is still weak as fudge, be interested to see how they cope against stoke

As stated above, with Dembele we'd have got a draw at least.

Torres is far from Championship winning material at this stage. They began in this sort of form last season they faltered.

I'm confident they'll be up or about there at the end but so will City and Man Utd.

The title will go to the team that spends the most on a striker in January out of City and Chelsea. United need a couple of top class midfielders, everyone else is too far behind.

Back