• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Re: OT - Can Chel$ki be stopped?

if 16 were on target then why wasnt Cech man of the match....i can only remember him making a couple of outstanding saves. The one to deny Walker being the best

"on target" also includes shots which were blocked before the ball got anywhere near Cech.

off the top of my head:

Sigurdssons shot straight at Cech in second half
Walker's effort at the end of second half
Lennon shot that leads to Defoe's goal
Defoe goal
Gallas goal
Sandro effort straight at Cech in second half
Defoe shot straight at Cech when he should have played in Dempsey in first half
Defoe shot straight at Cech, Adebayor couldn't quite get to rebound in second half
Aaron Lennon shot in second half, straight at Cech
Adebayor shot in the second half

well then Cech was world class on the day i guess.

I think our shooting was just poor, the only "worldy" he made was Walkers at the end, the others were straight forward and quite poor attempts to be honest.

off the top of my head:

Defoe goal
Gallas goal
Defoe shot straight at Cech, Adebayor couldn't quite get to rebound in second half

Plus the superb Defoe lob that Cech parried away.

We certainly created enough chances to snatch a point, but looking at it from another POV. They did also miss 2 great one on one chances. The Torres one I was convinced he would score.

All in all it was a really entertaining game for the neutrals at home (Sky must have been pleased). Could have ended 4-3 to us, or just as easily 6-2 to them

I think our shooting was just poor, the only "worldy" he made was Walkers at the end, the others were straight forward and quite poor attempts to be honest.

It was. We had more than enough chances but were not clinical. I guess that is what the extra £200 mil buys.

Yes. Take away Abramovic and they'll fall quicker than a heap of brick. fudging lottery winners mark I.

They wiped the floor with us back then when so many were confident of the same.

Impossible to tell now but the bottom line is - they improved and we are weaker following the summer transfer window so on paper alone - yes, the should beat us (a draw at best), even with Bale and Dembele in the squad - and I see nothing embrassing about that seeing the money they've spent on players. Having said that - football is played on the field, not on paper - so a good team performance (our first 4th finishing season - 2:1 win at WHL) can see them off any day, or any team in the PL for that matter.

It was a freak result that semi. Heads were down once we got cheated.

It was our patch, I don't see why any team should win on our turf. I was disappointed we didn't beat the mighty Real Madrid at home

It was a freak result that semi. Heads were down once we got cheated.

True. We were only down to an illegitimate goal until 10-15 minutes to go. Then we made attacking subs and were torn apart on the break. If we had been level we would have played differently.

Although I can't help noting the last ten minutes thread.

Their midfield is easily the best in the league and they will no doubt cause United problems on Sunday, but let's see how they get on against Van Persie and Rooney, without John Terry.

A world class striker away imo.

Torres just hasn't gotten anywhere near his Liverpool form.

Good team, but not overly impressed - they were better than us, but not as much as they should have been, considering our shaky defence, the abscense of Bale and Dembele and the quality of their squad.

Had we been more clinical after 2-1, when we were clearly the better team, they would have struggled. Chelski will be up there this season, but to say they've won it already is taking it too far. United and City will be up there.

For the money they've spent, Chelski should be much, much better than they were on saturday. I'm guessing they'll spend another £70 million in january if things aren't improving. After all, that's how they do it.

they are looking pretty good, and so they should be considering the money they have spent. still a striker short but not long till january when they can spend again. i think it will soon become a two horse race between chelsea and city which is predictable in the circumstances and the prem league could become very boring as a result. i expect chelsea to beat utd comfortably at the weekend.

city and chelsea still unbeaten this season.

they are looking pretty good, and so they should be considering the money they have spent. still a striker short but not long till january when they can spend again. i think it will soon become a two horse race between chelsea and city which is predictable in the circumstances and the prem league could become very boring as a result. i expect chelsea to beat utd comfortably at the weekend.

city and chelsea still unbeaten this season.

That ship has sailed already. I don't even watch the English teams in the CL any more. Same brick different year.

They wiped the floor with us back then when so many were confident of the same.

Impossible to tell now but the bottom line is - they improved and we are weaker following the summer transfer window so on paper alone - yes, the should beat us (a draw at best), even with Bale and Dembele in the squad - and I see nothing embrassing about that seeing the money they've spent on players. Having said that - football is played on the field, not on paper - so a good team performance (our first 4th finishing season - 2:1 win at WHL) can see them off any day, or any team in the PL for that matter.

With Bale, Dembele, Ekotto and Kaboul, that is a very different game with a very different result. When they were 2-1 down, if we could've kept steady for 5 more minutes and got Townshend on, we'd have won. They're pretty but brittle once put under pressure. The love-in for them is funny. Mata, Hazard and Oscar are all lovely players, but there will come a stretch this winter where they will struggle unless rotated/dovetailed with the likes of Romelau for a bit of steel...

off the top of my head:

Defoe goal
Gallas goal

Defoe tried a first time 'chip-flick' sort of shot that was dipping over Cech's arm but he got a palm on it and flicked it around the post; great improvised shot, great save.

Oh yes, what an effort!

Had it not been Cech (who's reactions are still superb) that was a goal. I though JD was on fire...he had another amazing moment where he mugged someone on the goaline and dribbled in LOOKING for a back-of-the-box runner to slide a ball to. No-one had made the run. It was ridiculous. Nobody had gambled on being anywhere to receive a pass.

A world class striker away imo.

Torres just hasn't gotten anywhere near his Liverpool form.

I agree. Although Torres form isn't quite as dire as it was he is still a weak link in that team. Even a half fit Drogba would raise their team several levels.

I don't think that Chelsea will win the league. We have this conversation about a club every autumn and then everyone tries to distance themselves from it at the end of the season. Chelsea are on a rich run of form but they have a tendency to self destruct and I think the two Manchester clubs will finish ahead of them.

Back