• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

That this journo knows exactly what perspective managers are thinking...its boll0x

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

So there's no way that a journo could know that?
In that case does that apply to there being no way a journo could know that some of our players want Conte gone? Or that the board do?

So there's no way that a journo could know that?
In that case does that apply to there being no way a journo could know that some of our players want Conte gone? Or that the board do?

Well like I say, considering Conte is still manager then it would be hard if not impossible to take a broad opinion from all perspective managers when they would not know who they are (considering Conte is still with us). You believe they have gone out to maybe Tuchel, Enrique and Poch for their views on potentially taking the job and then come up with that article? I would say its more speculation than fact

The same press that yesterday said Conte was staying and the club agreed with him, now saying he is going.....

I will stick to things that happen more than things that don't and articles that barely relate to the headline.

Then why wasn't he sacked weeks before? After all we were sh!t for a looong time before he was sacked...Why within a week before a cup final?

We were still sh1t when he was sacked

If you believe Jose was decent and things were ok under him thats cool, for me it was sh1t and the football was largely unwatchable =, but I did get to tick a box as I never thought I would see a manager lose to a team whose manager was in prison, so there was that.

If you believe Jose was decent and things were ok under him thats cool, for me it was sh1t and the football was largely unwatchable =, but I did get to tick a box as I never thought I would see a manager lose to a team whose manager was in prison, so there was that.
I think all of us agree that we were doing poorly under Jose. However I think most of us also accept the fact that the timing of his sacking was absolutely because him and Levy disagreed about what the priority was at that point. Levy therefore removed Mourinho and put in a yes man to ensure that we didn't rest players against Southampton.

I think all of us agree that we were doing poorly under Jose. However I think most of us also accept the fact that the timing of his sacking was absolutely because him and Levy disagreed about what the priority was at that point. Levy therefore removed Mourinho and put in a yes man to ensure that we didn't rest players against Southampton.
I would accept it if there was proof beyond a rumour between enicout on Twitter.

I go back to Poch's comments when we went out of two cups in a week and he said "trophies are for egos". Then the sacking of Jose days before a cup final.
Then the constant rotation we see for FA Cup games over the years that make us mad.

I just don't think the people at the top set a tone wrt to trophies. I don't actually think anyone on the board would know how to as that kind of 'DNA memory' is simply not there now...
The point that Poch wanted to make with these comments is not that he didn't care about the cups, but that winning a cup didn't mean you have arrived as a team, as it's a short knock-out competition where luck plays a big factor. Your performance over 2-3 seasons, even if you don't win anything, will tell you much better where you stand and whether you're shaped up to win the big prizes.

Well like I say, considering Conte is still manager then it would be hard if not impossible to take a broad opinion from all perspective managers when they would not know who they are (considering Conte is still with us). You believe they have gone out to maybe Tuchel, Enrique and Poch for their views on potentially taking the job and then come up with that article? I would say its more speculation than fact

The same press that yesterday said Conte was staying and the club agreed with him, now saying he is going.....

I will stick to things that happen more than things that don't and articles that barely relate to the headline.

I agree about sticking to what actually happens...and that includes speculation from players and also what ACTUALLY happens/has happened with the club ...

I agree about sticking to what actually happens...and that includes speculation from players and also what ACTUALLY happens/has happened with the club ...
For the record I also believed the players wanting Conte out was crap and a narrative built around the rant, I doubt it was helpful but I doubt they have talked to the press

As i said, I think he was sh!t but he was no more sh!t when he was sacked to how sh1t we were in February, or when we lost to Arsenal or as you say when we lost to a team managed by someone in prison. So again, why was he sacked a few days before the cup final and not weeks or even a month before??

The point that Poch wanted to make with these comments is not that he didn't care about the cups, but that winning a cup didn't mean you have arrived as a team, as it's a short knock-out competition where luck plays a big factor. Your performance over 2-3 seasons, even if you don't win anything, will tell you much better where you stand and whether you're shaped up to win the big prizes.

It was flimflam to save us from that disappointment feeling rather than fact. Out CL run was also one based on luck in a knockout competition; didn't stop him and us crying when we lost it did it?
Has any other manager worth his salt uttered such tripe in public?

As i said, I think he was sh!t but he was no more sh!t when he was sacked to how sh1t we were in February, or when we lost to Arsenal or as you say when we lost to a team managed by someone in prison. So again, why was he sacked a few days before the cup final and not weeks or even a month before??
I don't know but the facts are neither do you TBH

All I can give is my opinion and he was brick

I ain't about to start believing a rumour started by some liar on twitter who posted a fake WhatsApp conversation, nit because I don't wanna believe it, I'm just more rational by nature

For the record I also believed the players wanting Conte out was crap and a narrative built around the rant, I doubt it was helpful but I doubt they have talked to the press

We get leaks from the dressing of football clubs all time; perfectly plausible

We can't blame all bad refereeing decisions against us for not winning trophies but bad decisions make a difference!
I still can't get over how we lost the CL final with that ridiculous penalty from the start of that game.Pool shut up shop..
and we did not play with enough with confidence. Also Poch's remark's did not help....about that... would he still be a spurs manager after that crucial game.

It was flimflam to save us from that disappointment feeling rather than fact. Out CL run was also one based on luck in a knockout competition; didn't stop him and us crying when we lost it did it?
Has any other manager worth his salt uttered such tripe in public?
@Grays_1890 pretty much explained in his post what Poch meant. And that it wasn't club driven. You can stick to the narrative that suits your biases, if you want, but that doesn't make it true, because it's all conjecture.

I don't know but the facts are neither do you TBH

All I can give is my opinion and he was brick

I ain't about to start believing a rumour started by some liar on twitter who posted a fake WhatsApp conversation, nit because I don't wanna believe it, I'm just more rational by nature

It is al about opinion but as some point opinions meet facts;
we both agree that Jose was sh!t. But Jose was sh!t for a long time and the FACT is he was fired within a week of a cup final when in the moment he was fired he was no worse than he had been for many weeks before that.
I have not seen any credible reason laid out (aside from Levy wanting to prioritise league points) for the timing of the sacking; also remember that Jose has an incredible record in Cup finals...

So if anyone can give an explanation beyond Levy not being happy to have players rested, i'm all ears....

@Grays_1890 pretty much explained in his post what Poch meant. And that it wasn't club driven. You can stick to the narrative that suits your biases, if you want, but that doesn't make it true, because it's all conjecture.

Like i asked, do you know of any other top manager that has uttered such/similar words after going out of cups?

It is al about opinion but as some point opinions meet facts;
we both agree that Jose was sh!t. But Jose was sh!t for a long time and the FACT is he was fired within a week of a cup final when in the moment he was fired he was nor worse than he had been for many weeks after that.
I have not seen any credible reason laid out (aside from Levy wanting to prioritise league points) for the timing of the sacking; also remember that Jose has an incredible record in Cup finals...

So if anyone can give an explanation beyond Levy not being happy to have players rested, i'm all ears....
Opinions don't always meet facts that's absolutely not the case. You want your opinion and the specualtion you believe to be fact. There is a stark difference.

People have given you other potential reasons and you don't have to believe them and that's absolutely fine. I'm personally cool with that, I just think Jose was brick and provide my evidence to base that on.

Last edited:
Back