• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I do think his energy and presence are an enormous catalyst either way for the squad, especially the way he has it tuned. Thus if he is 'off' then that energy spreads. I still cannot get over the foolhardy 'judgement/arrogance' of thinking that he could defy doctors and be back a week after emergency internal surgery.

However the squad are tuned they consistently let the club down. Whoever the manager is.

This might just be me overly resonating with our current manager due to his tendency of an overly emotional rant every now and again but not trusting doctors is another shared tendency, those people suck on the most part (although it's probably a different ball park when you have money). Using Conte's need to return to help out as a stick to beat him with, seems a bit off imo.

I don't want to pick at inconsistencies or bicker as you're a great person, but to go from claiming it's a miracle for Conte to finish fourth with this squad to side with Bedford to suggest that the team does better without him, is a huge jump over the fence, nothing wrong with changing your opinion on the presence of new information but at least acknowledge it.

Conte wants to see the fire in the player's eyes that they want to win but it isn't there. It is there in Conte's eyes which it's why it's so frustrating. If expecting better of these players is such a bad thing, let's pay some hookers absurd amounts of money to just tell them how great they are, it's all about the players feeling warm and cosy isnt it? Nevermind achieving fudging anything, as long as they feel super reassured and comfortable...

We've done fudge all whilst spending loads due to poor squad planning and Conte is tinkled. Added to this Arsenal are favourites to win the League despite a lot of people (including yourself) thinking we got a massive one over them last season, when it fact it was just another chance to embarrass ourselves in the CL ie scrape through in the group and fall on our arses at the first hurdle. At least the financial spreadsheets look great though, much finances, such wow!

Conte's reputation will be intact after this if he gets fired in the next weeks or leaves at the end of the contract, it's becoming the ultimate poisoned chalice where there's no hope but you get paid brickloads so why wouldn't anyone take it. Our reputation as a club will also remain intact as being this insane position of being so close to success but simultaneously fudging miles away from it - In Bruges put it in the best ways, it's like purgatory.

Last edited:
When you think about it why would Pochg want to come back to us now, given that it could be argued we haven't really changed that much in terms of how we operate in the market?
Signing Spence and Danjuma for example?
Maybe that's why Mason is being mentioned as taking over so readily
What's wrong with Spence and Danjuma? An exciting young player doing great in France and a player in the CL team of the season last year. It's not like we bought Nkoudou and Gedson.

What's wrong with Spence and Danjuma? An exciting young player doing great in France and a player in the CL team of the season last year. It's not like we bought Nkoudou and Gedson.
Come on, man, they were 'Club Signings'. Conte wants and only accepts TOTAL control over everything. If he doesn't get EVERYTHING, like a 6 year old on a sugar crash, he will melt down and destroy his room aka our club.

All about our defense, or lack thereof, for me. We just concede too many goals. That will undermine any manager. Though of course it's a managers first job, their foundation. Conte started by making us compact, then needed to make us more expansive, but was undermined as soon as we tried to play more. This backline doesn't snuff out attacks. That is really all it comes down to.
So maybe Conte should have played a different system, given the limitations. Not even suggesting one he hasn't played before. He could have gone with a 3-5-2 to offer the defense a little more protection.

Weak from Levy if true. You don't employ Conte if you don't expect a few hothead Italian outbursts. Levy playing to the crowd, stick to your guns Daniel.
Right that Levy should consult the board. But I believe the author is speculating about Levy's decision and time frame.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

If we are just going to replace him with Mason, i would rather he stays until the end of the season and see whether he can get a reaction out of these players.
He has. Theyve spoken to Levy and told him they can't do crap tactics and a crap environment anymore

Paraticis situation is the fly in the ointment here....we can't plan a strategy or pathway without knowing the outcome of his case.

It might be why there considering to bridge the rest of the season with Mason, to allow the Paratici thing to play out and we can plan with confidence and no further disruption.

Paraticis situation is the fly in the ointment here....we can't plan a strategy or pathway without knowing the outcome of his case.

It might be why there considering to bridge the rest of the season with Mason, to allow the Paratici thing to play out and we can plan with confidence and no further disruption.

The paratici thing will be years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/65004422
I've just watched it, and I don't think that is someone trying to get sacked, that is someone who cares enough to say it how he sees it. He's obviously a hot headed Italian, and he may even regret his outburst today, but that was from the heart IMO.

Thanks. Finally got around to watching it and I can kind of see what you mean. There is both anger and utter frustration in his voice and he sounds at the end of his tether. Even the 20 years owner bit didn’t sound quite so bad listening to rather than reading. But it’s hard to see the way back for him (if he even wants it). I assume most of what he said in the press conference about the players he had already said to the players in the dressing room so will have seen their reaction.
And he might be right to some degree but as has been said there is plenty of blame on him too which he doesn’t really acknowledge.
The international break is only likely to leave things festering. His next press conference is going to be all about the last one which will probably wind him up even more.
If he were to go now then I wouldn’t mind at all but one concern is that Levy already has uncertainty around Paratici’s situation. We could end up managerless and without a DoF. However until that is cleared up the decision on Conte will I think rest largely with what Paratici advises Levy.

Oh dear reports coming out that Conte will be gone and Ryan Mason to take over until the end of the season ... levy is a joke as much as Conte in this debacle ... if this happens

Oh dear reports coming out that Conte will be gone and Ryan Mason to take over until the end of the season ... levy is a joke as much as Conte in this debacle ... if this happens
But levy was left with no other choice. once Conte slagged the players off he had to go Maybe he has waited to try & get Poch. If for whatever he can't get the guy he wants now mason is the logical appointment

Why? Levy has definitely made mistakes but he shouldn't hold off firing Conte in any fear of it exposing a mistake (not that I think Levy would ever be stopped by that.)

Things like this happen. Crystal Palace are going to appoint Roy Hodgson again today.

Last edited:
But levy was left with no other choice. once Conte slagged the players off he had to go Maybe he has waited to try & get Poch. If for whatever he can't get the guy he wants now mason is the logical appointment

It’s been obvious for weeks what was going to happen. In fact, there’s a very strong case that it’s been inevitable since Conte didn’t sign a new contract during the World Cup break, the point when we should probably have acted.

To have no plan other than ‘bung in Ryan Mason again’ at this crucial part of the season is really terrible imo, and another clear indication that we have serious issues with the leadership on the football side of the organisation. It’s also very unfair on Mason.

We may as well forfeit the season

That already happened this month. Changing managers now is the only/a long shot of salvaging something. Its also 10 games to start repairing the damage/learning how to play again with a view to next season

Back