• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

In hindsight we didn't seem to come out of preseason right and were struggling from the off.

There were mitigating factors and it was argued there was (hopefully) a plan in place to get past the WC and then kick on but that never came to fruition.

The dreaded training session when players were dropping like flies in the heat...i wonder if many thought that was way too much for the conditions and questioned why..given a world cup year as well...

As we saw with Poch a little percent here and there lost or gained from a few players mentally in terms of drive/commitment can make all the difference

I agree generally about two games a week, hence his poor overall show in cups and especially CL.
However, we've often had period especially near the beginning where we didn't have two games a week and still looked off...
Do you mean giving players too much info or too much info about his players?

Didn't he have the best start of any prem manager for spurs?

The dreaded training session when players were dropping like flies in the heat...i wonder if many thought that was way too much for the conditions and questioned why..given a world cup year as well...

As we saw with Poch a little percent here and there lost or gained from a few players mentally in terms of drive/commitment can make all the difference

I don't think there was any sign of questioning the manager or his methods at the time, i think if there were questions being asked they came later in the season when the results of the work never arrived.

It's primarily a defensive position, Reggie has some semblance of competency there.

The other two have been a liability, awful positioning, weak in the tackle and cowardly in the air.
It’s not primarily a defensive position and it’s much easier to look better defending when playing as a full back in a back 4 than a wing back in a middle 4.

If we are signing poch, why not now? Cant see one reason to have Mason for the last 10 games.. Maybe we can keep Kane if poch is coming in now. If not he will leave this summer.

When you think about it why would Pochg want to come back to us now, given that it could be argued we haven't really changed that much in terms of how we operate in the market?
Signing Spence and Danjuma for example?
Maybe that's why Mason is being mentioned as taking over so readily

I don't think there was any sign of questioning the manager or his methods at the time, i think if there were questions being asked they came later in the season when the results of the work never arrived.

Tbf, there were a lot of questions about that gruelling training session outside Spurs in the media IIRC

Why do you say Leicester away? The players themselves were atrocious, regardless of set-up/tactics and Leicester had gone a goal down and were ripe for being Conte'd
Because they are toilet and we made them look like world beaters
We took the lead very very luckily and barley laid a punch on them

When you think about it why would Pochg want to come back to us now, given that it could be argued we haven't really changed that much in terms of how we operate in the market?
Signing Spence and Danjuma for example?
Maybe that's why Mason is being mentioned as taking over so readily

if he didn't want to come back he'd have taken one of the hundred jobs he's been offered in the last few months, he's one of, if not the, best manager in the game out of work

he's waiting for it

Tbf, there were a lot of questions about that gruelling training session outside Spurs in the media IIRC

You were refering to the players, wasn't you? I think, with hindsight, the greuling preseason training and whatever work was done tactically over the summer set the team back from where they were at the end of last season - i think the management team failed on both counts, in terms of preparing the players for the season ahead wrt conditioning and wrt getting them up to speed with how Conte wanted them to be playing - i don't think the players came out of preaseason questioning the work (as you seemed to be implying) they were just mismanaged in preparation for the season and maybe at some point during the season when the payoff never arrived then they likely may have questioned the methods.

All about our defense, or lack thereof, for me. We just concede too many goals. That will undermine any manager. Though of course it's a managers first job, their foundation. Conte started by making us compact, then needed to make us more expansive, but was undermined as soon as we tried to play more. This backline doesn't snuff out attacks. That is really all it comes down to.

Because they are toilet and we made them look like world beaters
We took the lead very very luckily and barley laid a punch on them

Yes, but not laying a glove on Leicester? In that moment when we scored surely that was down to the players..plus a week previously we'd just beaten Emirates Marketing Project.

I don't see why that was the moment the players had enough of Conte?

You were refering to the players, wasn't you? I think, with hindsight, the greuling preseason training and whatever work was done tactically over the summer set the team back from where they were at the end of last season - i think the management team failed on both counts, in terms of preparing the players for the season ahead wrt conditioning and wrt getting them up to speed with how Conte wanted them to be playing - i don't think the players came outbof preamseasoning questioning the work (as you seemed to be implying) they were just mismanaged in preparation for the season

Hmm, i see your point; i do think some might have started questioning the regime, but your overall thing about being mismanaged might be more important...

Back