• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

If we are signing poch, why not now? Cant see one reason to have Mason for the last 10 games.. Maybe we can keep Kane if poch is coming in now. If not he will leave this summer.

Maybe he just doesn't fancy the idea of coming in mid-season? It's potentially a hiding to nothing position. I don't believe it though because he's instinctively brave and has faith in his abilities.

Yes, but not laying a glove on Leicester? In that moment when we scored surely that was down to the players..plus a week previously we'd just beaten Emirates Marketing Project.

I don't see why that was the moment the players had enough of Conte?
He was lost
We beat city without conte
He came back and the team looked lost…
He went again and we looked good

All about our defense, or lack thereof, for me. We just concede too many goals. That will undermine any manager. Though of course it's a managers first job, their foundation. Conte started by making us compact, then needed to make us more expansive, but was undermined as soon as we tried to play more. This backline doesn't snuff out attacks. That is really all it comes down to.

True our defence can be awful..BUT sometimes being more on the front foot solves that; goals change games. As i think Arsenal to an extent over the last 18 months have shown.

Didn't he have the best start of any prem manager for spurs?

Doesn't matter, there is an interesting conversation with Danny Murphy where he says he recalls talking to the players at Chelsea at the start of the season right after Conte won them the PL, and the players wanted him gone, didn't like the monotony of his training, his methods, the fact that he didn't allow them to play.

If you think about it, Conte is that deal with devil, as long as he wins, fans accept it, but as a player it must be equally awful.

I honestly think to answer the earlier question, last year Conte adjusted/tweaked a little, a little more compromise, the Harry/Son example is a point in case, more the counter attack model (almost Jose-esque), this season he went full Conte and it just doesn't work, and he's pushing and the players aren't responding and instead of talking responsibility, he throws everyone but himself under the bus.

He was lost
We beat city without conte
He came back and the team looked lost…
He went again and we looked good

"We beat City without Conte being physically present" would be a more accurate and less biased viewpoint.

The notion that in Antonio's absence, the assistant manager suddenly chose a different path to follow in terms of training / tactics is absolute fantasy.

All about our defense, or lack thereof, for me. We just concede too many goals. That will undermine any manager. Though of course it's a managers first job, their foundation. Conte started by making us compact, then needed to make us more expansive, but was undermined as soon as we tried to play more. This backline doesn't snuff out attacks. That is really all it comes down to.
Hard not to concede goals when the coach takes off attackers so we can’t keep the ball away

Im sure it will be Poch, but Mason for 10 games if thats what it comes to will be good. Everyone who has worked with him says how talented he is. And all he's got to do is take the handbrake off and say 'pass it around a bit'. Any of us could do that

if he didn't want to come back he'd have taken one of the hundred jobs he's been offered in the last few months, he's one of, if not the, best manager in the game out of work

he's waiting for it

I’m struggling to understand why we appoint Mason to tread water for three months if Poch is ‘waiting for’ the Spurs job.

If he’s not appointed very shortly after Conte goes them my feeling would be we are looking to go down a different route.

I’m struggling to understand why we appoint Mason to tread water for three months if Poch is ‘waiting for’ the Spurs job.

If he’s not appointed very shortly after Conte goes them my feeling would be we are looking at different options.

firing a world class manager and appointing Mason again would be embarrassing

(embarrassing for Mason too to be fair, he's not clipboard Chris)

If he’s not appointed very shortly after Conte goes them my feeling would be we are looking to go down a different route.

Or Poch has already turned us down long ago...

"We beat City without Conte being physically present" would be a more accurate and less biased viewpoint.

The notion that in Antonio's absence, the assistant manager suddenly chose a different path to follow in terms of training / tactics is absolute fantasy.

I do think his energy and presence are an enormous catalyst either way for the squad, especially the way he has it tuned. Thus if he is 'off' then that energy spreads. I still cannot get over the foolhardy 'judgement/arrogance' of thinking that he could defy doctors and be back a week after emergency internal surgery.

I don't think we'll see him here unless the regime changes. These are the people who fudged him over; why would he return on the whisper of a promise and a prayer???

Imagine being a CEO and having a man like this working for you, managing the first team, consistently overachieving versus resources provided and then choosing not to listen to him when he tells you exactly what is needed because you think you know more than him about football?

Imagine that manager then being dictated to by others around said-CEO. Imagine a person of that position 'telling' him what is going to happen as opposed to consulting with him?

I do think his energy and presence are an enormous catalyst either way for the squad, especially the way he has it tuned. Thus if he is 'off' then that energy spreads. I still cannot get over the foolhardy 'judgement/arrogance' of thinking that he could defy doctors and be back a week after emergency internal surgery.

TBF, it shows a level of commitment and a crazy addition to his profession (as mad a that might be from a health POV).

Speaking of which, do you think he's in the oddball 'AVB' club if you know what i mean?

Imagine that manager then being dictated to by others around said-CEO. Imagine a person of that position 'telling' him what is going to happen as opposed to consulting with him?

That's in my opinion what should happen.

Get a dof that shares the vision of the club (don't think that's paratici). They get in the coach and players that suit that vision. The coach, coaches. Give them a veto on players coming in. Allow them to name players they want gone. But they are not scouts. Just cause they liked a player on match of the day shouldn't mean we spunk 10s of millions on them.

I don't think we'll see him here unless the regime changes. These are the people who fudged him over; why would he return on the whisper of a promise and a prayer???

I'm not suggesting be specific. But do you mean there's one/several of the board (Collecott, Cullen, Kline and Caplehorn) that you think he would just not come back while they were still there?

Back