• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Mason has worked as a coach under Poch, Mourinho and Conte. So he knows how things should be done and how they shouldn't (twice)

He might become a great manager one day, but this isn’t bring your kid to work today, we are one of the biggest sports entertainment companies in the world, we need a professional.

He’s also very close to some of the squad, who right now need a massive kick up the arse. I doubt he can deliver that.

However the squad are tuned they consistently let the club down. Whoever the manager is.

This might just be me overly resonating with our current manager due to his tendency of an overly emotional rant every now and again but not trusting doctors is another shared tendency, those people suck on the most part (although it's probably a different ball park when you have money). Using Conte's need to return to help out as a stick to beat him with, seems a bit off imo.

I don't want to pick at inconsistencies or bicker as you're a great person, but to go from claiming it's a miracle for Conte to finish fourth with this squad to side with Bedford to suggest that the team does better without him, is a huge jump over the fence, nothing wrong with changing your opinion on the presence of new information but at least acknowledge it.

Conte wants to see the fire in the player's eyes that they want to win but it isn't there. It is there in Conte's eyes which it's why it's so frustrating. If expecting better of these players is such a bad thing, let's pay some hookers absurd amounts of money to just tell them how great they are, it's all about the players feeling warm and cosy isnt it? Nevermind achieving fudging anything, as long as they feel super reassured and comfortable...

We've done fudge all whilst spending loads due to poor squad planning and Conte is tinkled. Added to this Arsenal are favourites to win the League despite a lot of people (including yourself) thinking we got a massive one over them last season, when it fact it was just another chance to embarrass ourselves in the CL ie scrape through in the group and fall on our arses at the first hurdle. At least the financial spreadsheets look great though, much finances, such wow!

Conte's reputation will be intact after this if he gets fired in the next weeks or leaves at the end of the contract, it's becoming the ultimate poisoned chalice where there's no hope but you get paid brickloads so why wouldn't anyone take it. Our reputation as a club will also remain intact as being this insane position of being so close to success but simultaneously fudging miles away from it - In Bruges put it in the best ways, it's like purgatory.

Just so as I can address your point re:my views mate, please point me to where I said it'd be a miracle for Conte to finish 4th? I might well have in some altered state, perhaps I need reminding? Are you talking of last year's miracle? Yes, I did say that. Since then, he's had lots of additions. Did he want them all? I always expected him to speak up the moment he wasn't getting what he wanted. He waited til now? How brave. He had said several times he was very happy with the squad.

As for siding with Bedford? We might have had the same view? Mine on Conte this season have been consistent since Ventrone's death.

I said at the time it would be a massive blow losing his consiglieri, this after some thought I'd gone all 'lemons' again. I guessed he might be suffering a family conscience crisis after two more passed in his circle. And when he had emergency surgery and bolted back, I said we'd be better off without his crazy ill energy for a while, just as he would be better recuperating. Conte(xt) .

You are correct when you say I massively enjoyed putting one over the goons last season. It is also right to say they are laughing now.

Your comments on the players feel like you're baiting me for an online argument, so I'll leave those alone. Ditto doctors; sorry for your negative experiences, I think many are great people.

Finally, I was in a vocal minority saying Poch deserved a second build. I consider it ENIC's biggest ever fudge up. Irreparable really. I have long questioned aspects of their work. Not all of it.

He might become a great manager one day, but this isn’t bring your kid to work today, we are one of the biggest sports entertainment companies in the world, we need a professional.

He’s also very close to some of the squad, who right now need a massive kick up the arse. I doubt he can deliver that.

Similar experience to Michael Carrick. Except Mason's is in the top flight and a cup final

And he’s learning his trade with a permanent job in the Championship, not as a temporary sticking plaster solution in a top four CL fight, with a squad that is mentally all over the place and hasn’t played well for months.
Its 10 dead rubber games with a free hit at getting european qualification. The main aim though is rebuilding shattered players and teaching them how to pass and press again

If Mason takes the last 10 games and we somehow hold onto 4th then I could see him being offered the job permanently. Stranger things have happened.

Yes, I sadly believe so.
ENIC are blessed with a portfolio of companies. Surely a sideways 'promotion' of said individual to Lambert and Mitchell or wherever could be arranged if thats the deal breaker?

Levy has changed those roles before - Kelmsey after his Black Rock tainting and Barber to take on the chairman role in Canada (as an apprentice for Brighton)

It’s been obvious for weeks what was going to happen. In fact, there’s a very strong case that it’s been inevitable since Conte didn’t sign a new contract during the World Cup break, the point when we should probably have acted.

To have no plan other than ‘bung in Ryan Mason again’ at this crucial part of the season is really terrible imo, and another clear indication that we have serious issues with the leadership on the football side of the organisation. It’s also very unfair on Mason.
I agree but what choice do we have if not mason who. I would be surprised if the club hasn't spoken to various mangers including Poch since his outburst. One thing we can all agree it's a cluster fudge

I'm no Conte fan, and would be very happy to take a better direction.
However, we need to keep perspective - we are 4/5th. That's about right for us and 3/4 other teams. It's a really fascinating and interesting season.
4 points separate the bottom 7
Not much more separates the top half European chasing pack.
We are in turmoil. But also 4th.
Palace sacked Viera. No wins in 12 - fair enough. 13th place - that's probably about right for them.

After decades of large disparities, the PL is now really even and really tough. It's a fight for every position.

It’s been obvious for weeks what was going to happen. In fact, there’s a very strong case that it’s been inevitable since Conte didn’t sign a new contract during the World Cup break, the point when we should probably have acted.

To have no plan other than ‘bung in Ryan Mason again’ at this crucial part of the season is really terrible imo, and another clear indication that we have serious issues with the leadership on the football side of the organisation. It’s also very unfair on Mason.

I'm not so sure, caretakers in football aren't really uncommon - if a manager makes his position untenable then what are you supposed to do?

Its 10 dead rubber games with a free hit at getting european qualification. The main aim though is rebuilding shattered players and teaching them how to pass and press again

It's not though. We're sitting in 4th with 10 games left. There's a very real chance of CL football this season unlike last time when we were in 7th and well off the pace. If Mason is appointed, the stadium will react angrily if/when we go behind or lose games. This really has potential to turn toxic and Mason would be the lightening rod for it. He shouldn't touch it.

There is massive, massive frustration with the club amongst the fan base. It took the substitution of Lucas Moura, a fringe player, to unleash that frustration during Nuno's last game. And that reaction was powerful. There are two more years of frustration on top of that. If I was Mason, I wouldn't go near it. If I was Levy and I appoint Mason, I'd stay home for the rest of the season.

I really couldn't see this happening but the Telegraph are reporting that Mason will take charge. If it's true, good luck to the lad. He'll need it.

If we are just going to replace him with Mason, i would rather he stays until the end of the season and see whether he can get a reaction out of these players.
What makes you think that a manager who is on his way out and has thrown half the team under the bus will get any reaction out of the players? With Mason in charge it will be entirely up to the players to perform. There won't be any excuses. If anything, it will show Levy which players really care and whether Conte was right.

It's not though. We're sitting in 4th with 10 games left. There's a very real chance of CL football this season unlike last time when we were in 7th and well off the pace. If Mason is appointed, the stadium will react angrily if/when we go behind or lose games. This really has potential to turn toxic and Mason would be the lightening rod for it. He shouldn't touch it.

There is massive, massive frustration with the club amongst the fan base. It took the substitution of Lucas Moura, a fringe player, to unleash that frustration during Nuno's last game. And that reaction was powerful. There are two more years of frustration on top of that. If I was Mason, I wouldn't go near it. If I was Levy and I appoint Mason, I'd stay home for the rest of the season.

I really couldn't see this happening but the Telegraph are reporting that Mason will take charge. If it's true, good luck to the lad. He'll need it.
It would be a huge opportunity for Mason. No way he’d refuse it.

Back