• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

It’s been obvious for weeks what was going to happen. In fact, there’s a very strong case that it’s been inevitable since Conte didn’t sign a new contract during the World Cup break, the point when we should probably have acted.

To have no plan other than ‘bung in Ryan Mason again’ at this crucial part of the season is really terrible imo, and another clear indication that we have serious issues with the leadership on the football side of the organisation. It’s also very unfair on Mason.
I know slagging off Levy is the popular thing to do, but Ryan taking over until the end of the season doesn't necessarily mean there is no plan. Given how the Conte situation has unfolded since after the WC, I seriously doubt there has been no succession planning. Did you stop to consider that maybe there is a manager already identified, but said manager can't join until the summer? Or should we just appoint someone who is available, even if he's not our first choice, just to show "there is a plan in place?" Maybe we should spunk 10-15 million to get a manager in for 10 games?

What makes you think that a manager who is on his way out and has thrown half the team under the bus will get any reaction out of the players? With Mason in charge it will be entirely up to the players to perform. There won't be any excuses. If anything, it will show Levy which players really care and whether Conte was right.
Maybe his outburst was genuinely testing the players to see who is up for the fight and who isn’t? Maybe he has said to Levy, we need to separate the weak mentality from the strong to see where we go in the summer and who to keep and who to get rid of? If that is the case i am all for it if it means a mass clear out. Its no coincidence a lot of these players have done the same thing under multiple managers.

Maybe his outburst was genuinely testing the players to see who is up for the fight and who isn’t? Maybe he has said to Levy, we need to separate the weak mentality from the strong to see where we go in the summer and who to keep and who to get rid of? If that is the case i am all for it if it means a mass clear out. Its no coincidence a lot of these players have done the same thing under multiple managers.
If that's the case, then what better way to out these players by taking away their last excuse (Conte's tactics/management) for not performing.

In what world would this ever work? Seeing your boss tear you out in front of the world’s media for being selfish and uncommitted, whilst not signing a contract beyond June themselves would inspire no one to worker harder. It will not separate the weak from the strong. This would be true in any line of work.

His appeal is within the next 4 weeks.

And it's either squashed or upheld.....no tinkering.

How does that effect us? Ok he's banned from italian football. Unless uefa or fifa make a decision to ban him from world football, it doesn't effect us. They are likely to wait for the full court case decision (which in italy takes 3 years on average). Or risk being sued if he is found not guilty. They're in no rush.

How does that effect us? Ok he's banned from italian football. Unless uefa or fifa make a decision to ban him from world football, it doesn't effect us. They are likely to wait for the full court case decision (which in italy takes 3 years on average). Or risk being sued if he is found not guilty. They're in no rush.
Ok. Let's leave that there.

I know slagging off Levy is the popular thing to do, but Ryan taking over until the end of the season doesn't necessarily mean there is no plan. Given how the Conte situation has unfolded since after the WC, I seriously doubt there has been no succession planning. Did you stop to consider that maybe there is a manager already identified, but said manager can't join until the summer? Or should we just appoint someone who is available, even if he's not our first choice, just to show "there is a plan in place?" Maybe we should spunk 10-15 million to get a manager in for 10 games?

Plenty of more experienced older heads not in a job at present, and who have strong connections to the club. This has been coming down the line for weeks - it's no surprise to anyone. Have any of them been approached? Maybe they have. I hope so.

My opinion is it's particularly unfair to ask him to take on the running of such a toxic situation when he has such little real experience, and when there is the potential for it to be particularly nasty in the stadium in the weeks to come. It also reeks of poor planning. But that is just my opinion.

The proof of bad decision making is in the pudding - and no one need look further than Mourinho, Nuno, Conte...14 managers in 22 years - take out Redknapp and Poch's spells and that probably works out at than one manager a season.

And we have been known to laugh at Chelsea's methods...

Plenty of more experienced older heads not in a job at present, and who have strong connections to the club. This has been coming down the line for weeks - it's no surprise to anyone. Have any of them been approached? Maybe they have. I hope so.

My opinion is it's particularly unfair to ask him to take on the running of such a toxic situation when he has such little real experience, and when there is the potential for it to be particularly nasty in the stadium in the weeks to come. It also reeks of poor planning. But that is just my opinion.

The proof of bad decision making is in the pudding - and no one need look further than Mourinho, Nuno, Conte...14 managers in 22 years - take out Redknapp and Poch's spells and that probably works out at than one manager a season.

And we have been known to laugh at Chelsea's methods...
The toxic environment is because of Conte. The fans may slag off ENIC, but I am sure they will get behind Mason.

As for the decision making, just take a look at the United merry-go round. They have the resources and the history and have been even more of a shambles in terms of managerial appointments since SAF. We have had done remarkably well comparatively.

The concerns of bringing in a brand new all singing all dancing manager now is the potential set up to fail this season.

I have mixed feelings on it but seeing as Roy Hodgson is snapped up it narrows down our options

It doesn't necessarily mean that no. However it is considered to be quite sensible to look at history when trying to predict the future.

In what world would this ever work? Seeing your boss tear you out in front of the world’s media for being selfish and uncommitted, whilst not signing a contract beyond June themselves would inspire no one to worker harder. It will not separate the weak from the strong. This would be true in any line of work.
Conte cannot sign a new contract that the club is not offering. The club have had a unilateral option to extend Conte's contract by a year since the day he signed but have not done so.

I’d get rid of Paratici. Why was he signing players that Conte didn’t want and wasting money in doing so? Bring in the guy from Benfica.

I’d get rid of Paratici. Why was he signing players that Conte didn’t want and wasting money in doing so? Bring in the guy from Benfica.
Depends on the model at the club. It may be that the DoF has the most and/or final say on player signings, in which case the key is to bring in a manager who is happy to work that way.

I would be more than happy with Spurs taking both the DoF and manager from Benfica, I've found it strange that Schmidt hasn't been talked up more than he has as an option to manage us.

What's wrong with Spence and Danjuma? An exciting young player doing great in France and a player in the CL team of the season last year. It's not like we bought Nkoudou and Gedson.

Nothing with the players per say, but if the manager didn't want them and there were other more pressing ares to strengthen at the times (e.g. a more experienced wing-back or competition for Kulu, a dominant centre-back etc), why take that effort (especially in the case of Spence) to chase them?
In the case of Danjuma, we weren't even chasing him, he was due to sign for Everton before his agent called us out of the blue...So we got him instead of maybe a Zaniolo who Conte apparently DID want.

If the Levy/ENIC can go above a combustible manager like Conte and make (what often seem like opportunistic) signings he didn't ask for/doesn't want then they will do this with anyone. We saw how things went with Poch after going a year plus without signing anyone we make our first signing in summer 2019 after the CL final of Jack Clarke. Who Poch clearly didn't want...where is Clarke now? Exactly.
Same old, same old it seems...

Back