• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

You don't need to speculate. We have 20 years of history to go off. Levy tends to act quickly and decisively. He is impatient. He wants success, and he'll sack and hire fast in search of this end. The problem is, success is built layer upon layer, most often.
Which makes it more baffling. That he understands the financial side needs to be built layer upon layer, but doesn't get that the footballing side needs to be built the same way too. I do believe he has meant well and I hope these 20 years have taught him something.

Reports saying he gone??

faff3a1036ba04eebeac128dae742e37.jpg

Where do people place the moment it started to go south with Conte? Particularly when you remember how things were in the last 10 or so games last season?

The signing of Djed "Club Signing" Spence?
The way we were generally dominated by Chelsea in that game in August (perhaps setting the tine for most other teams when they played us knowing we couldn't handle it very well?)
The crazy harsh fitness regime we had in the Korean tour?
A right wing back or centre back player not signed in the last two windows (who Conte might think we could have easily done)?

Thoughts?

I think it is, they are both completely fudging useless defensively.

Conte has got that position badly wrong this season.

Should have kept Reggie around.

Reggie!? Mr Flatters to Deceive. At least Perisic offers something in attack. Sess, with stability, can defend against the best, and chip in in attack. He was far from perfect, but the closest we had to a rounded player for the position.

Where do people place the moment it started to go south with Conte? Particularly when you remember how things were in the last 10 or so games last season?

The way we were generally dominated by Chelsea in that game in August (perhaps setting the tine for most other teams when they played us knowing we couldn't handle it very well?)
A right wing back or centre back player not signed in the last two windows (who Conte might think we could have easily done)?

Thoughts?

I remember something smelt a bit off during the Wolves game in mid August. But definitely by Arsenal in October.

Thoughts?

Contes encounter with a hardened tempered steel blade. I still find it somewhat odd that the likes of Ali Gold and supporters don't really take into consideration the man had emergency surgery. Can't be easy to keep the plates spinning when you're convalescing.

Thoughts?

go wrong…
Probably Leicester ag home
That was about the least conte performance I’ve seen

as in the players have lost it with him….
I’d go more recent and say Leicester away

Contes encounter with a hardened tempered steel blade. I still find it somewhat odd that the likes of Ali Gold and supporters don't really take into consideration the man had emergency surgery. Can't be easy to keep the plates spinning when you're convalescing.
Yep
A less stubborn manager would have quit the role he was leaving at that point

Thoughts?

Just don't think the way he works can handle 2 games a week. Too much info on players. Think by jan they'd got bored.

Tbf, we had seen a lot of negative overall signs well before that...but for sure more recently that can be added to the mix of reasons for general negativity; i'm talking more the main initial turning point

Reggie!? Mr Flatters to Deceive. At least Perisic offers something in attack. Sess, with stability, can defend against the best, and chip in in attack. He was far from perfect, but the closest we had to a rounded player for the position.

It's primarily a defensive position, Reggie has some semblance of competency there.

The other two have been a liability, awful positioning, weak in the tackle and cowardly in the air.

In hindsight we didn't seem to come out of preseason right and were struggling from the off.

There were mitigating factors and it was argued there was (hopefully) a plan in place to get past the WC and then kick on but that never came to fruition.

Just don't think the way he works can handle 2 games a week. Too much info on players. Think by jan they'd got bored.

I agree generally about two games a week, hence his poor overall show in cups and especially CL.
However, we've often had period especially near the beginning where we didn't have two games a week and still looked off...
Do you mean giving players too much info or too much info about his players?

go wrong…
Probably Leicester ag home
That was about the least conte performance I’ve seen

as in the players have lost it with him….
I’d go more recent and say Leicester away

Why do you say Leicester away? The players themselves were atrocious, regardless of set-up/tactics and Leicester had gone a goal down and were ripe for being Conte'd

Back