• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Obviously, there is more than one variable as to why we're not winning a trophy this season, and we're only an outside bet for the CL. Conte having emergency surgery mid-season, a lack of quality CBs and Sess' injury. All key issues. But the change in Spurs' fans' expectation is another, rarely mentioned, factor. We are now in a position where it seems as though no manager will be given the time to build and develop a functional team. And that is the greatest problem for me. New-stadium Spurs has seen a new wave of expectation. The Boo Boys. The fans who undermine rather than support. Okay maybe a pantomime is your thing, and to be honest that will be the net result!

I don't think it's just us. Covid, brexit a number of things. People do seem more angry and impatient these days.

Yes there is more expectation. Yes people are not happy with the style of football. Yes we have not met the expectations we probably had at the beginning of the season. Yes conte not comitting has played a role.

But i still think people recently (especially online) seem more angry.

Not three months of Ryan Mason, please. A lovely bloke and a good coach, I’m sure, but we’ll simply be treading more water.

(Maybe suggests it’s not going to be Poch if true? Nothing to stop him stepping in next week if he was our plan.)

Why would us changing manager at this point suggest it's not a manager currently out of work?

Edit : sorry just seen the reference to Mason in charge for the remainder of the season

Weak from Levy if true. You don't employ Conte if you don't expect a few hothead Italian outbursts. Levy playing to the crowd, stick to your guns Daniel.

I've previously said if conte goes levy should step down. That's mourinho and conte now.

That said, levy has to make a decision. Conte isn't long term. But do spurs have a better chance of getting top 4 with or without conte?

I've previously said if conte goes levy should step down. That's mourinho and conte now.

That said, levy has to make a decision. Conte isn't long term. But do spurs have a better chance of getting top 4 with or without conte?

History suggests with.

There for the taking? Liverpool finished that very same season on 97 points only losing out to City who finished on 98 points! They also came into the final on a 14 wins out of 15 Streak! We had lost 8 of 15!

Liverpool were rampant that season and a far better side than the dogged, tired last vestiges of Poch's great Tottenham side. We did amazingly to get to the final but we were never the favourites and not just because "it's Tottenham" but the literal vast difference in the quality of the two sides. Its the sad truth. Moura should have started but I don't think it would have made a difference in the end.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Here we go, someone else taking it well out of context. We are talking about the 1 game, not how Liverpool done over the course of season. Liverpool were brick that night but somehow we were bricker.

Maybe Pantomime isn't correct. We're more soap opera. You can criticise Levy for many things, but maybe the greatest criticism is that he acts like a fan too often. Spurs need leadership that will identify the best football management team, ensure they are focused on their job and supported, and then back them in the face of any headwind. Levy has never really done that, what he does is provide the Soap Opera. Always keeps things on their toes, and the ins and outs interesting. It may not be conducive to building a stable side that can move forward, but it is never dull!

It is bigger than Levy. It is just the modern way. Limited attention. Limited patience. Why back it when you can sack it!?

Last edited:
I think to look for facts or actual specifics in the rant is a little pointless. By being vague and blaming the collective, Conte set out to make each player look at themselves and see if they are trying enough. Be under no illusion, this was a multi level ploy on the part of Conte. He's leaving, of that there can be no doubt - so he's got 10 games left at most. He decided if he saw a poor performance that he would take aim at the whole club, the players and the recent lack of success. He did this to a) protect himself if it goes wrong and we finish 7th, b) act as a perverse ploy to motivate the players (see Burnley last year) and c) to continue his "give me money to succeed or fail" mantra.

Levy's Tottenham philosophy doesn't fit a buy-to-win manager - we're simply not wired that way at the club. Jose and Conte are both those types - so there's been consistency, but this has to be the end of current decision making committee at Spurs. I'm fine with his financial prowess, as unlike many I think the club is exceptionally run, but its time now to give the football over to football people and not business people.

I just hope we have someone lined up. I want Conte gone, I just don't think Mason is ready to take over.
Im sure it will be Poch, but Mason for 10 games if thats what it comes to will be good. Everyone who has worked with him says how talented he is. And all he's got to do is take the handbrake off and say 'pass it around a bit'. Any of us could do that

I think to look for facts or actual specifics in the rant is a little pointless. By being vague and blaming the collective, Conte set out to make each player look at themselves and see if they are trying enough. Be under no illusion, this was a multi level ploy on the part of Conte. He's leaving, of that there can be no doubt - so he's got 10 games left at most. He decided if he saw a poor performance that he would take aim at the whole club, the players and the recent lack of success. He did this to a) protect himself if it goes wrong and we finish 7th, b) act as a perverse ploy to motivate the players (see Burnley last year) and c) to continue his "give me money to succeed or fail" mantra.

Levy's Tottenham philosophy doesn't fit a buy-to-win manager - we're simply not wired that way at the club. Jose and Conte are both those types - so there's been consistency, but this has to be the end of current decision making committee at Spurs. I'm fine with his financial prowess, as unlike many I think the club is exceptionally run, but its time now to give the football over to football people and not business people.

Indeed you have to question the ownership of the club and whether they even know what football excellence is; how things have gone/end up with both Jose and now seemingly with Conte was as predictable as death and taxes...yet they still did it anyway and after talking about "the club's DNA"...

Conte going might give some respite, but for me, until Levy is away from footballing control, we will be stuck in the same loop

Maybe Pantomime isn't correct. We're more soap opera. You can criticise Levy for many things, but maybe the greatest criticism is that he acts like a fan too often. Spurs need leadership that will identify the best football management team, ensure they are focused on their job and supported, and then back them in the face of any headwind. Levy has never really done that, what he does is provide the Soap Opera. Always keeps things on their toes, and the ins and outs interesting. It may not be conducive to building a stable side that can move forward, but it is never dull!

It is bigger than Levy. It is just the modern way. Limited attention. Limited patience. Why back it when you can sack it!?
Somehow I don't think Levy is that kind of character. Someone who patiently took his time getting Spurs up the financial ladder and building a game-changer of a new stadium does not strike me as someone who will act on whims. I just think that he may have overstepped his boundaries by trying to do on the football side what he did on the financial side. That is not his forte, and I'm hoping he is realizing it now (looks like he is by appointing a DoF and ceding most of the control of footballing matters, but that's just the start). How he plans to rectify it remains to be seen.

Indeed you have to question the ownership of the club and whether they even know what football excellence is; how things have gone/end up with both Jose and now seemingly with Conte was as predictable as death and taxes...yet they still did it anyway and after talking about "the club's DNA"...

Conte going might give some respite, but for me, until Levy is away from footballing control, we will be stuck in the same loop
It's not just getting him away from the footballing control. It's also him appointing the right people to run the football side of things. People like Brighton, Brentford, and other well run teams employ.

Obviously, there is more than one variable as to why we're not winning a trophy this season, and we're only an outside bet for the CL. Conte having emergency surgery mid-season, a lack of quality CBs and Sess' injury. All key issues. But the change in Spurs' fans' expectation is another, rarely mentioned, factor. We are now in a position where it seems as though no manager will be given the time to build and develop a functional team. And that is the greatest problem for me. New-stadium Spurs has seen a new wave of expectation. The Boo Boys. The fans who undermine rather than support. Okay maybe a pantomime is your thing, and to be honest that will be the net result!

The Sess injury goes in the plus column, he’s garbage.

Somehow I don't think Levy is that kind of character. Someone who patiently took his time getting Spurs up the financial ladder and building a game-changer of a new stadium does not strike me as someone who will act on whims. I just think that he may have overstepped his boundaries by trying to do on the football side what he did on the financial side. That is not his forte, and I'm hoping he is realizing it now (looks like he is by appointing a DoF and ceding most of the control of footballing matters, but that's just the start). How he plans to rectify it remains to be seen.

You don't need to speculate. We have 20 years of history to go off. Levy tends to act quickly and decisively. He is impatient. He wants success, and he'll sack and hire fast in search of this end. The problem is, success is built layer upon layer, most often.

Here we go, someone else taking it well out of context. We are talking about the 1 game, not how Liverpool done over the course of season. Liverpool were brick that night but somehow we were bricker.
The second best team in England beat the 4th best team for the third time that season. Then beat them twice again the following season when they were the best team in England and Spurs were the sixth best.

Back