• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Hmmm...more evidence of who Conte might be referring to?

If you were coached by a manager that threw you under the bus, you'd probably react the same way.

Here's a theory.

Your manager has you playing in a certain rigid way. A way that is resulting in turgid football and no results to boot.

Everyone sees that it's not working, but your manager refuses to change his approach. At the same time, he is acting like he is doing your club a favor that he is the manager and does not commit long term.

At some point you get tired of it and say "fudge it."

Your manager calls you selfish.

There for the taking? Liverpool finished that very same season on 97 points only losing out to City who finished on 98 points! They also came into the final on a 14 wins out of 15 Streak! We had lost 8 of 15!

Liverpool were rampant that season and a far better side than the dogged, tired last vestiges of Poch's great Tottenham side. We did amazingly to get to the final but we were never the favourites and not just because "it's Tottenham" but the literal vast difference in the quality of the two sides. Its the sad truth. Moura should have started but I don't think it would have made a difference in the end.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Still, the penalty aside, it was a pretty even match. If anything, being up a goal was a significant advantage based on how Liverpool played, as it required us to commit even more to attacking and leaving us more open to a counter. Yet we matched up very well against them. So putting aside what Liverpool did in the league that season, in that one game there was not much between the two teams and we were borderline better or most of the game.

Still, the penalty aside, it was a pretty even match. If anything, being up a goal was a significant advantage based on how Liverpool played, as it required us to commit even more to attacking and leaving us more open to a counter. Yet we matched up very well against them. So putting aside what Liverpool did in the league that season, in that one game there was not much between the two teams and we were borderline better or most of the game.
Even?
Liverpool didn’t attack after they scored the penalty
They just sat there and said have a go
Shame only a few of our players turned up

The match itself was awful. Neither side has any real claim to being "better" [emoji28] I don't believe we were better, Liverpool got the dodgy penalty super early and then just shut up shop. We had loads of the ball but no threat and no danger. Not an uncommon occurrence. Liverpool didn't have to do much to beat us, they weren't hemmed in and forced to make numerous crunching last minute tackles. Did Alison make any difficult saves.

Its one criticism of the Poch era that I've always had and have always felt fair. We lacked creativity, it was far too easy for another top side to stifle us. If you closed the space we really struggled to break teams down.

The main point is we were nowhere near favourites.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Or maybe he didn’t want to upset the apple cart while it looked like we still might get something out of the season?

I don’t think so mate.
We could still get 4th if he did his job. Truth is, via a combination of factors (some most certainly beyond his remit) he has not done his job well for some time.

Imagine being a CEO and having a man like this working for you, managing the first team, consistently overachieving versus resources provided and then choosing not to listen to him when he tells you exactly what is needed because you think you know more than him about football?

As you know I 100% agree with you.

That being said, the use of this Poch meme to somehow justify Conte’s cowardice is egregious. Poch NEVER quit on the players, the club, or us. Conte has. The Levy question remains vital of course. Again, as you well know, I felt his decision in Nov 2019 was scandalously wrong and short-sighted.

Pochettino was the man who deserved time at the club. He had earned that.

I also would like us to keep Conte, mainly because I don't have a great deal of faith that our CEO will go and get a decent manager to replace him and don't trust him to back that new manager properly either.

Conte has gone. No way the players will take him back IMO.

Tottenham set to part ways with Antonio Conte
By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent

Tottenham Hotspur are expected to agree Antonio Conte’s departure from the club this week.

Conte has flown back to Italy after the head coach criticised the Tottenham players following the 3-3 draw with Southampton in which Spurs threw away a 3-1 lead.

There was still no confirmation of his exit on Monday as Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy deliberated over his next move, but the situation is rated as pretty much irretrievable by a variety of sources involved.

Levy is understood to have been seeking the opinion of some of his closest confidants over the current situation and did not immediately react to Conte’s comments on Sunday.

Sources believe the most likely scenario will be that Conte’s departure will be agreed this week, with Ryan Mason most likely be put in temporary charge until the end of the season in time for Tottenham’s next game against Everton on April 3.

Conte spoke with Levy after hitting out at the mentality of the players and reiterated the fact his criticism was for the squad and not aimed at the Spurs chairman or the club.

But Conte will not back down from his comments on the squad and insiders believe that makes it almost impossible for him to return to the Tottenham job for the remainder of the season.

Tottenham are fourth in the Premier League table, although Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool have two games in hand on them, and Levy must decide whether he thinks the club will be best placed to try to qualify for the Champions League with or without Conte in charge.

With most of the club’s players on international duty, Levy has some time to deliberate over his next move.

Following the draw at Southampton, in which Tottenham squandered a 3-1 lead, Conte said: “I think it’s better to go into the problem, we are not a team. We are 11 players that go into the pitch. I see selfish players, players that don’t want to help each other and don’t put their heart [into it]. This season compared to last, now we are worse in this aspect. When you are not a team you cannot improve.”

He added: “They don’t play for something important, yeah. They don’t want to play under pressure, they don’t want to play under stress.

“It is easy in this way. Tottenham’s story is this, 20 years there is the owner and they never won something but why? The fault is only for the club, or for every manager that stay here. I have seen the managers that Tottenham had on the bench. You risk to disrupt the figure of the manager and to protect the other situation in every moment. Until now I try to hide the situation but now, no, because I repeat I don’t want to see what I have seen today.

“Everyone has to take their responsibility. Not only the club, the manager and the staff. The players have to be involved in this situation because it is time to change this situation if Tottenham want to change. They can change the manager, a lot of managers, but the situation cannot change. Believe me.”

Obviously, there is more than one variable as to why we're not winning a trophy this season, and we're only an outside bet for the CL. Conte having emergency surgery mid-season, a lack of quality CBs and Sess' injury. All key issues. But the change in Spurs' fans' expectation is another, rarely mentioned, factor. We are now in a position where it seems as though no manager will be given the time to build and develop a functional team. And that is the greatest problem for me. New-stadium Spurs has seen a new wave of expectation. The Boo Boys. The fans who undermine rather than support. Okay maybe a pantomime is your thing, and to be honest that will be the net result!

Obviously, there is more than one variable as to why we're not winning a trophy this season, and we're only an outside bet for the CL. Conte having emergency surgery mid-season, a lack of quality CBs and Sess' injury. All key issues. But the change in Spurs' fans' expectation is another, rarely mentioned, factor. We are now in a position where it seems as though no manager will be given the time to build and develop. And that is the greatest problem for me. New-stadium Spurs has seen a new wave of expectation. The Boo Boys. The fans who undermine rather than support. Okay maybe a pantomime is your thing, and to be honest that will be the rest too!
Agree, but I think Bentancur’s injury is far more of a ‘key issue’ than the Sess one….

Tottenham set to part ways with Antonio Conte
By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent

Tottenham Hotspur are expected to agree Antonio Conte’s departure from the club this week.

Conte has flown back to Italy after the head coach criticised the Tottenham players following the 3-3 draw with Southampton in which Spurs threw away a 3-1 lead.

There was still no confirmation of his exit on Monday as Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy deliberated over his next move, but the situation is rated as pretty much irretrievable by a variety of sources involved.

Levy is understood to have been seeking the opinion of some of his closest confidants over the current situation and did not immediately react to Conte’s comments on Sunday.

Sources believe the most likely scenario will be that Conte’s departure will be agreed this week, with Ryan Mason most likely be put in temporary charge until the end of the season in time for Tottenham’s next game against Everton on April 3.

Conte spoke with Levy after hitting out at the mentality of the players and reiterated the fact his criticism was for the squad and not aimed at the Spurs chairman or the club.

But Conte will not back down from his comments on the squad and insiders believe that makes it almost impossible for him to return to the Tottenham job for the remainder of the season.

Tottenham are fourth in the Premier League table, although Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool have two games in hand on them, and Levy must decide whether he thinks the club will be best placed to try to qualify for the Champions League with or without Conte in charge.

With most of the club’s players on international duty, Levy has some time to deliberate over his next move.

Following the draw at Southampton, in which Tottenham squandered a 3-1 lead, Conte said: “I think it’s better to go into the problem, we are not a team. We are 11 players that go into the pitch. I see selfish players, players that don’t want to help each other and don’t put their heart [into it]. This season compared to last, now we are worse in this aspect. When you are not a team you cannot improve.”

He added: “They don’t play for something important, yeah. They don’t want to play under pressure, they don’t want to play under stress.

“It is easy in this way. Tottenham’s story is this, 20 years there is the owner and they never won something but why? The fault is only for the club, or for every manager that stay here. I have seen the managers that Tottenham had on the bench. You risk to disrupt the figure of the manager and to protect the other situation in every moment. Until now I try to hide the situation but now, no, because I repeat I don’t want to see what I have seen today.

“Everyone has to take their responsibility. Not only the club, the manager and the staff. The players have to be involved in this situation because it is time to change this situation if Tottenham want to change. They can change the manager, a lot of managers, but the situation cannot change. Believe me.”
Weak from Levy if true. You don't employ Conte if you don't expect a few hothead Italian outbursts. Levy playing to the crowd, stick to your guns Daniel.

Not three months of Ryan Mason, please. A lovely bloke and a good coach, I’m sure, but we’ll simply be treading more water.

(Maybe suggests it’s not going to be Poch if true? Nothing to stop him stepping in next week if he was our plan.)

This is his Solskjær moment. We will go on a run and finish comfortably top 4 (3?). The club will cave to fan pressure and make it permanent.

Solskjaer at least had a few managers job before taking that role.

Mason hasn't even seem much success under tha managers he has worked with.

Agree, but I think Bentancur’s injury is far more of a ‘key issue’ than the Sess one….

...and Bissouma. But with Skipp you can argue we're well covered. Our defense - even with Sess - has been woeful. It was obvious from last winter where our problems were. We ship too many goals. For all the guff, that is the simple problem. Perisic can't defend. Lenglet is shakey. And they all make Davies - loyal squad player - look like a consistent quality player...when truth is he's just competent. Dier is okay, but has his moments, and Romero is both brilliant and at times a liability too. The furore around RWB from fans is ironic, its arguably the only strong part of our backline now!

Back