• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

No no, all good, interesting conversation. I think it is possible to both empathize with someone and find some of their actions foolish. I think in this case there is a very binary issue; the man had surgery to remove his gall bladder, which requires x amount of recovery weeks, yet he is apparently choosing to ignore this.
Who says he is ignoring medical advice? It takes about a week to recover from a gall bladder removal and return to work once there's no physical labour. An elderly family member had the same operation last year and left hospital the same day it was removed.

No no, all good, interesting conversation. I think it is possible to both empathize with someone and find some of their actions foolish. I think in this case there is a very binary issue; the man had surgery to remove his gall bladder, which requires x amount of recovery weeks, yet he is apparently choosing to ignore this.

I agree, one can empathise and criticise.

I much prefer criticism to be more aimed at actions rather than person. Unless the actions are way worse than this.

I think actions can be criticised and at the same time one can understand why people made them.

In short trying to minimise the impact of the (also very human) fundamental attribution error. (The tendency to attribute the actions of others more to character or personality and one's own actions more to external factors).

I'm not really looking to defend his actions. I think there's a very good case to be made that he's not made the right decision, but I don't have the information or knowledge needed to really know.

Having has my gall bladder removed, a couple of days before Amsterdam so i couldn't even celebrate and had to sit there virtually motionless as the goals went in, i can speak with some experience.
After a week or so he could probably go back to an office job for a few hours a day, doing video sessions etc, building it up from there gradually.
He really should not be anywhere near a full match situation for at least three weeks.
Thats only the physical side of it of course, and as you have rightly said he has had a really emotional few months, which is going to compound his physical health and probably lead to needing maybe an extra week.
There's not a lot of signs of it but if he isn't careful i could see him burning out in the same way poch did.
I hope not as I've grown to really like him, not convinced he will lead us to glory but i think we could look back in him as an important step along the way to glory, a bit like BMJ.

FpF5XeKWYAA0xuO

"Entire recover" seems significant, i.e. not short term.

Maybe the players feel less pressure with Conte screaming specific instructions at them for portions of the match?
Of course, I just want to wish Conte the best in terms of his health. Not just physical, but mental as well. Perhaps some time for contemplation and observing the team from the outside will grant him a greater sense of perspective.

Back