• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Who Conte? Maybe but interestingly the attitude is exactly the same as his time at Chelsea, I have googled some of his interviews and articles and they are absolutely carbon copies. There are even interviews you would swear were from his time here.
It’s how he always works
Deflection
Said it before he joined, he is a stubborn clown shoe
When everything aligns he is a brilliant manager but when it’s not on his terms he cries in any way he can

It’s how he always works
Deflection
When everything aligns he is a brilliant manager but when it’s not on his terms he cries in any way he can

I’m sure the 5 league titles will be of some comfort to him.

It’s how he always works
Deflection

IMO this is enormously harsh and does not give an inch to his losses recently.

I definitely take that into account but his job is to get the best out of the players available to him. At moment he is not doing that. Can he turn it around I have my doubts. if the players don't show up against Fulham & he doesn't make changes sadly I think he has to go.

Getting the best out of the players here isn't his only job. He's said it will take multiple windows, part of his job is working on something that can be really good when the pieces fall into place.

I think the players are "showing up", I'm not seeing signs of the players not trying or believing. But some of them are making too many mistakes/not good enough/not a good fit for Conteball.

Getting the best out of the players here isn't his only job. He's said it will take multiple windows, part of his job is working on something that can be really good when the pieces fall into place.

I think the players are "showing up", I'm not seeing signs of the players not trying or believing. But some of them are making too many mistakes/not good enough/not a good fit for Conteball.
I agree it will take multiple windows but will he commit to being here for multiple windows
If the players can't play conteball then he should change the formation or drop them & try someone else. I don't think he will change anything.

Yeah the players are definitely still playing for him. Against Woolwich, they put in a shift first half, they just couldn’t get the ball and were chasing shadows. Second half, we were the better team when they could have just laid down.

Against City, at no point did their resolve look broken. They tried until the end long after City had turned the tide in their favour.

He isn't at clubs for multiple transfer windows though. Usually his impact is immediate. He doesn't get a free ride either this is not a terrible squad and I am not sure he is going to get the WC WBs his system seems to require.. His team have failed to win at any of our rivals this season. Even City are not at their best but still managed to win. Home and away losses to Arsenal, remind me last season of the 2 losses to Chelsea. I just don't see this guy as the answer. Fulham will be a decent test.

He isn't at clubs for multiple transfer windows though. Usually his impact is immediate. He doesn't get a free ride either this is not a terrible squad and I am not sure he is going to get the WC WBs his system seems to require.. His team have failed to win at any of our rivals this season. Even City are not at their best but still managed to win. Home and away losses to Arsenal, remind me last season of the 2 losses to Chelsea. I just don't see this guy as the answer. Fulham will be a decent test.
His impact was immediate here.

Yeah the players are definitely still playing for him. Against Woolwich, they put in a shift first half, they just couldn’t get the ball and were chasing shadows. Second half, we were the better team when they could have just laid down.

Against City, at no point did their resolve look broken. They tried until the end long after City had turned the tide in their favour.
Given what this guy has been through in terms of bereavement, it would be disgusting if the players were not behind him. But that doesn't matter if the team is not performing to it's potential. I can't help thinking the number of mistakes is down to confidence and confidence is not helped by a system that is not working or getting overrun.

Given what this guy has been through in terms of bereavement, it would be disgusting if the players were not behind him. But that doesn't matter if the team is not performing to it's potential. I can't help thinking the number of mistakes is down to confidence and confidence is not helped by a system that is not working or getting overrun.
My issue is he isn’t dealing with non performing players
If it was lesser names they would be binned but because they are players with brilliant history he is sticking with them
And they are costing us massively at both ends of the pitch

We don't know how he's treating the squad and if the bereavements are so difficult for him (I just lost a family member and it is hard), he should take a leave of absence.

We don't know how he's treating the squad and if the bereavements are so difficult for him (I just lost a family member and it is hard), he should take a leave of absence.

As we know, football lacks that pause button and Levy does not (appear to) have emotional intelligence.

My condolences, mate. Not much one can say in these situations. Only time will assuage the pain of the loss, but it takes so fudging long. In the meantime, hang in there.

Back