• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

The problem with Spurs playing boring football is that it is only palatable when you are winning (and we are not) or instead of watching it you are listening to the radio commentary (and most of us are either in the stadium or watching it on a screen.

For the record I was at Wembley for our last 3 cup wins dating back to 1991. But as great as those moments were, and I can assure they were brilliant, my favourite season supporting Spurs was our last season at the Lane, where even though we won nothing I enjoyed sensational football under Poch as we drew 2 and won 17 of our 19 home games. Sure we had no trophies at the end of it but I use to go to the Lane expecting to be entertained and I was rarely disappointed. I throughly enjoyed my season ticket and got value for money.

At the moment I miss looking forward to watching Tottenham play, and that is what really hurts.

I can relate to all that. When you are spending your hard earned money you wanted to be entertained and my word, that season at the Lane was entertainment

Yes, winning a trophy would be brilliant and I have said many times if Conte-ball or Mourinho-ball for a season would guarantee one i would take it, but only once. In the real world it does not guarantee anything, so I am in the 'want to be entertained for my money' camp. Right now we are far from being entertaining, we are dull as ditchwater, and until that changes THFC will not be getting any cash off me

Or, in short, we would appear to have done to Conte what we’ve done to Pochettino (eventually), Mourinho and then (very quickly) Nuno.

I’m wondering at what point does the blame lie somewhere other than the managers?

? What have we done to Conte and Jose other than expose their flaws?

Poch was better for and with us than he was at PSG with Messi and Mbappe in his squad.

? What have we done to Conte and Jose other than expose their flaws?

Poch was better for and with us than he was at PSG with Messi and Mbappe in his squad.

Spot on

The fact Jose was even with us proves how his stock fell anyway and now with a middle of the road Roma

So translation

- Unless we buy perfect Conte players who take zero time to adapt, including off the bench -> it's not going to work
- and as a bonus we get to chuck promising young players that have been the foundation of the club's success over last 15 or so years in the bin ..

You don't hire Conte. None of this is a surprise nor his reactions to not getting exactly what he feels he needs.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Just for a bit of context and to highlight the journey needed…
Klopp first game at pool was vs us
From that squad he had 2 players in it who was in their squad, as subs when they beat us in the CL final 5 years later
That was Milne and Origi
He has had to change every player at least once and done that

From that squad he had 2 players in it who was in their squad, as subs when they beat us in the CL final 5 years later
That was Milne and Origi

+ Firmino and Henderson. But I agree with the general point!

That was Milne and Origi

Yes.
But this is not about the manager, it is about knowing who we hired.
Paratici has a tough job serving two masters with two seemingly different agendas, and all on a budget which does not allow much.
Klopp has been repeatedly backed and has delivered trophies. He never had to deal with no home stadium for nearly two seasons either...

Yes.
But this is not about the manager, it is about knowing who we hired.
Paratici has a tough job serving two masters with two seemingly different agendas, and all on a budget which does not allow much.
Klopp has been repeatedly backed and has delivered trophies. He never had to deal with no home stadium for nearly two seasons either...
Christ we’re back to Poch again….
Don’t worry
He will be here soon and we will see what changes happen
My Klopp reference was it takes time
Klopp didn’t win anything for 4 years and changed his whole team

Christ we’re back to Poch again….
Don’t worry
He will be here soon and we will see what changes happen
My Klopp reference was it takes time
Klopp didn’t win anything for 4 years and changed his whole team

I didn't specifically mention him, I spotlit a fact. My reference was about the chairman and the board. Why hire some like Antonio Conte unless you are going to actually back him in the way he likes to be backed? Are we instead still sticking with the 'well he made it work once so we can do it again and again' mantra?' If so, it shows a serious lack of cohesive direction higher up when it comes to the football side. The point being it isn't new to Levy to behave this way.

I suppose I have to say it again. I personally think it would be the wrong move to bring Poch back, even though if it happened I'd enjoy the ride. I would rather we actually spent 150 mill as opposed to flirt the figure for what appears to be PR and let it drift. Klopp wanted 70 million or so for both Alison VDV; he got them both. Yes, he sold Coutinho, but he got them. You can surely see my point?

I am likely the biggest fool for believing he'd change his ways.

You don't hire Conte. None of this is a surprise nor his reactions to not getting exactly what he feels he needs.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Him being a diva -> not a surprise
Him playing painful football -> not a surprise

Him over a year in with players being bought for him, being incapable of playing a team that leverages two golden boot winners to beat Villa at home? yeah, I'm surprised.

I didn't specifically mention him, I spotlit a fact. My reference was about the chairman and the board. Why hire some like Antonio Conte unless you are going to actually back him in the way he likes to be backed? Are we instead still sticking with the 'well he made it work once so we can do it again and again' mantra?' If so, it shows a serious lack of cohesive direction higher up when it comes to the football side. The point being it isn't new to Levy to behave this way.

I suppose I have to say it again. I personally think it would be the wrong move to bring Poch back, even though if it happened I'd enjoy the ride. I would rather we actually spent 150 mill as opposed to flirt the figure for what appears to be PR and let it drift. Klopp wanted 70 million or so for both Alison VDV; he got them both. Yes, he sold Coutinho, but he got them. You can surely see my point?

Bentancur, Kulusevski, Perisic, Richarlison, Bissouma, Lenglet. In two windows with no big money sales. This isn't backing Conte?

It hasn't been enough. Enough to overcome two games a week, some key injuries and Son's form dropping like a brick in water. But he has been backed. We have spent real money. We haven't signed a lot of young players.

Perhaps it takes longer than a year with that starting point and a limited budget?

The facts are that since we moved into the stadium we have spent money, lots of it
Managers are being backed
Doesn’t mean they are happy (doesn’t help we hire somber characters)
But it’s a challenge as to how you finance the backing that some managers want
Conte has seen a huge change of players already. The fact he has chosen to not use some is on him at least partly
The £150m you talk about was spent in the summer, excluding £50m we need to still draw down on

Bentancur, Kulusevski, Perisic, Richarlison, Bissouma, Lenglet. In two windows with no big money sales. This isn't backing Conte?

It hasn't been enough. Enough to overcome two games a week, some key injuries and Son's form dropping like a brick in water. But he has been backed. We have spent real money. We haven't signed a lot of young players.

Perhaps it takes longer than a year with that starting point and a limited budget?
That’s what I was trying to highlight
It takes many windows and conte and said that
We have people who think it can be fixed now in January …. It won’t
But the issue of contes limited commitment to the club is still an issue for buying players (how do you dangle a carrot of come and join contes machine)
Every window needs to show steps in the right direction. It took Klopp and Liverpool 8 windows to get a team that could win things

Whats all this not backing Conte nonsense about? We’re about the third biggest spenders in the league since we moved in to the new stadium. It was spent on utter dross pre Paratici though, so the squads not as strong as it should be with the big ticket players out on loan.

conte’s even highlighted himself that we can’t keep making expensive mistakes in the market.

Come on. Bentancur and Deccy were two of the greatest Jan signings ever but other than Paratici, who saw them coming? They weren't even Conte's first picks were they? Perisic (free but wages) and Richy (just shy of 60) agreed, strong, Bissouma a bargain we couldn't refuse, Lenglet a cheap loan option rather than going large, Spence not bought for Conte it seems?

The positions we need strength the most in his system remain understocked or unsigned.

That’s what I was trying to highlight
It takes many windows and conte and said that
We have people who think it can be fixed now in January …. It won’t
But the issue of contes limited commitment to the club is still an issue for buying players (how do you dangle a carrot of come and join contes machine)
Every window needs to show steps in the right direction. It took Klopp and Liverpool 8 windows to get a team that could win things

(sigh) I am not saying it can be fixed in January, I am saying recognize who you have hired!!! Stop arsing about with guys like him/flirting with established winning bears, and get a project man in IF that is the remit. A penny for Paratici's thoughts right now. I wonder if Italian scandal is affecting his work?

Last edited:
Back