• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

the core is Kane, Son and Lloris, not just structurally, mentally, philosophically

Is it not a manager's job to sort that out though?

We've conceded at least 2 in our last 7 league games, no clean sheets in our last 10 games, consistently going behind....

Looking at it another way, if it was a random Enlgishman in charge would he have been sacked? Had it been Scott Parker, would he have been binned now?

Setting aside the quality of the squad, its frustrating that we don't seem to be performing to the sum of the parts

Is it not a manager's job to sort that out though?

We've conceded at least 2 in our last 7 league games, no clean sheets in our last 10 games, consistently going behind....

Looking at it another way, if it was a random Enlgishman in charge would he have been sacked? Had it been Scott Parker, would he have been binned now?

Setting aside the quality of the squad, its frustrating that we don't seem to be performing to the sum of the parts

massively frustrating, as it was under Nino, Jose and at the end under Poch

One is done, one seriously out of form and the other looks mildly interested, when it suits him.
Two are also hampering others from getting minutes.

Ones done, one won the golden boot last season, ones only second to Haaland in thr rankings.

It's a reach blaming that core for our issues and as I have said...Son and Lloris such a problem....drop them.

14m is alot of money to be paid not to make big decisions

Ones done, one won the golden boot last season, ones only second to Haaland in thr rankings.

It's a reach blaming that core for our issues and as I have said...Son and Lloris such a problem....drop them.

14m is alot of money to be paid not to make big decisions

that’s where criticism of Conte is valid, he’s not quick enough to drop players, Son has been awful all season

Kane had his moments last year too

not putting the effort in, out of the team you should go

Good debate over the last few pages on the club.

But the immediate question needs answering…

If we really back Conte this window, do you believe he can turn it around?

Depends what you define as really backing him. If we go out and get a decent CB and RWB the he should have more than enough tools for a push to CL places.

I believe he had a core of players last season that he was happy with and had working well as a team, we then backed him this summer and have seemingly gone backwards on the pitch in doing so, so i do question whether he would turn it around from here tbqh

Throw in the awful style of football and I'm questioning whether i even want him to.

Depends what you define as really backing him. If we go out and get a decent CB and RWB the he should have more than enough tools for a push to CL places.
We desperately need WF cover too, as today has shown.

I really don’t get why Skipp isn’t being given a proper chance. He’d surely be a better fit than Bissouma atm who has been abysmal in both games back now.

that’s where criticism of Conte is valid, he’s not quick enough to drop players, Son has been awful all season

Kane had his moments last year too

not putting the effort in, out of the team you should go

Didn't make any relevant changes again till 2-0 today, it's the same in his in game management

Conte needs a spark as much as any player at the moment for this to work and turn round.

No, but then I don’t think Sir Alex or Clough could turn us around either, we are cursed, our kit is footballer kryptonite.

It’s not that Conte isn’t a great manager, or that we won’t back him, it’s that it’s Spurs(y).

the players are clams, letting the manager down every game, none of them are playing at anywhere near their level

the tactics are irrelevant when the lazy clams can't be bothered to control the ball or make a simple 2 yard pass, they just aren't working hard enough, they all need a beasting in training, make them fudging suffer

Son could’ve played Kane in towards the end of the first half with exactly that but he ballsed it up. Nobody plays brick deliberately but Son really needs to be given a spell on the bench.

200%. We won't do it though. He'll be gone by March 1st. This situation needs cool heads and conte doesn't have one and Levy will pull the trigger without a second thought.

Conte is the man in my opinion. Disappointed in his interview today but I'd back him to the last.

Son could’ve played Kane in towards the end of the first half with exactly that but he ballsed it up. Nobody plays brick deliberately but Son really needs to be given a spell on the bench.

they don’t play brick deliberately, but it’s lack of concentration, which shows a lack of effort, which shows a lack of professionalism

it’s not that they deliberately make mistakes, it’s that they don’t deliberately avoid them

Gone behind 10 games in a row against all
manor of teams, good and bad

Has everyone excusing the fact he won't play youth

Doesn't make changes mid game to counter the way the games going

Hasn't improved anyone player of note

Doesnt drop players out of form

Talks crap in the media

I'm sorry, decided in last hour it's time for him to go.....only so much the "he is a winner" tag buys you without being able to do or negate the issues above.

I'm happy for him to go

I believe he had a core of players last season that he was happy with and had working well as a team, we then backed him this summer and have seemingly gone backwards on the pitch in doing so, so i do question whether he would turn it around from here tbqh

Throw in the awful style of football and I'm questioning whether i even want him to.
You can’t say he was backed because he wasn’t
Quantity doesn’t mean quality apparently
And none of the signings were good enough for most fans it seems (twitter not here)
So we haven’t backed him and despite the fact he is getting paid more than anyone at the club… it’s because of the chairman that Hugo can’t catch a ball, or son can’t trap a pass…

What is really backing him though? Signing 30 year olds? If so then no, we shouldnt do that

Sign players who are good value, £20m - £50m range, 20-25 years old....he's a manager, its his job to then make it work

If he doesnt like it, there are plenty of managers who would love the opportunity

What is really backing him though? Signing 30 year olds? If so then no, we shouldnt do that

Sign players who are good value, £20m - £50m range, 20-25 years old....he's a manager, its his job to then make it work

If he doesnt like it, there are plenty of managers who would love the opportunity
Why do signings have to fit an age profile? Peresic has probably been the best of our summer signings.

Why do signings have to fit an age profile? Peresic has probably been the best of our summer signings.

Fair challenge. Signing the odd 31-33 year old here and there for minimal fee is fine, but generally buying players in the 27-30 range will be at a premium price given they're in their prime and sub 24/25 year olds will be a bit cheaper given risk of their development

Signing multiple Perisic's is a huge risk too given it's very short-term whilst signing 27-30 year olds is also high risk given I don't see we can afford multiple £50m -£100m players

Back