• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Gone behind 10 games in a row against all
manor of teams, good and bad

Has everyone excusing the fact he won't play youth

Doesn't make changes mid game to counter the way the games going

Hasn't improved anyone player of note

Doesnt drop players out of form

Talks crap in the media

I'm sorry, decided in last hour it's time for him to go.....only so much the "he is a winner" tag buys you without being able to do or negate the issues above.

I'm happy for him to go

I actually agree with all of this (particularly the bold bit) and up until about an hour ago thought I wouldn’t have been bothered if he went (if the club aren’t going to back him).

However - there are a couple of mitigating circumstances.

Signings. We did not back him sufficiently at wing back. For a Conte system to work - he needs quality/regular goal contributions on both sides.

Injuries. Losing Richarlison during Son’s worst period along with our 2 most creative players outside of Kane (Kulu and Bentancur) is tricky to deal with. We were so blunt today.

Transfer windows. He’s only had 2 windows so far. One was a Jan window where he’d only
Been at the club for 2 months. The other he picked up a couple of his key additions. Kulu, Bentancur, Richy, Perisic, Bissouma are great additions over 2 windows. But….RWB was not addressed (to Conte’s preference) so it remains a gaping hole. Arteta has had multiple windows and only now has it clicked. If we can add 2 more players that Conte wants this window (£70m) and then maybe 3 in the summer (£100m) then he would have no excuses.

I actually agree with all of this (particularly the bold bit) and up until about an hour ago thought I wouldn’t have been bothered if he went (if the club aren’t going to back him).

However - there are a couple of mitigating circumstances.

Signings. We did not back him sufficiently at wing back. For a Conte system to work - he needs quality/regular goal contributions on both sides.

Injuries. Losing Richarlison during Son’s worst period along with our 2 most creative players outside of Kane (Kulu and Bentancur) is tricky to deal with. We were so blunt today.

Transfer windows. He’s only had 2 windows so far. One was a Jan window where he’d only
Been at the club for 2 months. The other he picked up a couple of his key additions. Kulu, Bentancur, Richy, Perisic, Bissouma are great additions over 2 windows. But….RWB was not addressed (to Conte’s preference) so it remains a gaping hole. Arteta has had multiple windows and only now has it clicked. If we can add 2 more players that Conte wants this window (£70m) and then maybe 3 in the summer (£100m) then he would have no excuses.
He should have given Spence more minutes
Even if it wasn’t his signing, he still plays royal and Doherty who were not his signings either
He uses the club signing thing as an easy out

Even if it wasn’t his signing, he still plays royal and Doherty who were not his signings either

Agree. He’s stubborn. As I posted in today’s match thread, if Spence isn’t getting thrown on 60 mins into losing home game against Villa then he might aswell go on loan.

That’s quite separate to my assessment of his overall challenges vs his failings though.

The Spence issue is a pure vanity issue

You come into a club and have 35 players who aint your players, so what, play them.

You play all available to you to get the best out of your squad, otherwise you struggle and restrict your options and box yourself in....exactly whats happened

Agree. He’s stubborn. As I posted in today’s match thread, if Spence isn’t getting thrown on 60 mins into losing home game against Villa then he might aswell go on loan.

That’s quite separate to my assessment of his overall challenges vs his failings though.
I don’t like him
But we have to back him
He is doing exactly what I thought he would
He is more Teflon than Boris Johnson

The Spence issue is a pure vanity issue

You come into a club and have 35 players who aint your players, so what, play them.

You play all available to you to get the best out of your squad, otherwise you struggle and restrict your options and box yourself in....exactly whats happened
I agree
It’s his principles and arrogance
Not my man, not my problem almost

I've been a Spurs supporter for over 40 years so I have seen some good and plenty of bad times. The only thing I can say for sure in my time as a supporter is that once a negative pattern sets in, it becomes almost impossible to change and the manager will inevitably go. We've seen it with conceding late goals or an inability to defend set pieces In this case, if you ignore the brand of football, it is that we continually start games on the back foot, and then fall behind. Conte should have stemmed this by now and the excuses of injuries or world cup just don't wash.

We are a different team without Kulu and bentancur. We need someone else to carry the creative load alongside Kulu and we need a CB.

Today hurts more given how well Woolwich are playing at the moment. Their fans have become insufferable.

He didn't have the players to play 3 up front today, should have played 2, given us the extra man in midfield

His failure to give Gil, Sarr, Spence any meaningful minutes means they aren't helpful when we need them

The difference in this side with Bentancur and Deki vs. without is ridiculous, they are good players but it isn't like we took prime Modric & Ronaldo out the side, and shows a real failure to adapt.

I'm beginning to think Spurs has answered the question of what happens when you put an elite manager in a side that isn't ready made, now we have done it with Jose & Conte ..

He didn't have the players to play 3 up front today, should have played 2, given us the extra man in midfield

His failure to give Gil, Sarr, Spence any meaningful minutes means they aren't helpful when we need them

The difference in this side with Bentancur and Deki vs. without is ridiculous, they are good players but it isn't like we took prime Modric & Ronaldo out the side, and shows a real failure to adapt.

I'm beginning to think Spurs has answered the question of what happens when you put an elite manager in a side that isn't ready made, now we have done it with Jose & Conte ..

Absolutely spot on.

Too easy not to play the squad players, chuck them in and call them crap when they are stone cold with form.

I liked him starting Gil who I thought was better than son
Just watched MOTD2 and the way they tear apart our midfield is quite eye watering
Said it after Brentford than it doesn’t look like PEH and Biss can play together and today just showed that again but with a bigger divide

I've been a Spurs supporter for over 40 years so I have seen some good and plenty of bad times. The only thing I can say for sure in my time as a supporter is that once a negative pattern sets in, it becomes almost impossible to change and the manager will inevitably go. We've seen it with conceding late goals or an inability to defend set pieces In this case, if you ignore the brand of football, it is that we continually start games on the back foot, and then fall behind. Conte should have stemmed this by now and the excuses of injuries or world cup just don't wash.

We are a different team without Kulu and bentancur. We need someone else to carry the creative load alongside Kulu and we need a CB.

Today hurts more given how well Woolwich are playing at the moment. Their fans have become insufferable.
I really want Conte to succeed. But he has to show that he's up for the task, and it needs to show on the pitch. I'm not even talking about results, the players at least has to show intent and that they want to be out there and win games. A top manager's job is getting our players playing to or near their potential, regardless of who's actually playing or how difficult their personalities may be. If there are such elements, get rid. Not talking about ifs and buts post match with Wenger'esqe excuses. If he cannot do that he's not the right man for any club with ambitions, even if he is not to blame for the situation. Now is the time to come stronger out of it, anyone can be a boss when things are flowing. I think every fan can forget a poor spell, but we can't just forget someone giving up. I don't want him gone just yet, but he needs to show that he can deal with this. There will be more slumps in the future.

I liked him starting Gil who I thought was better than son
Just watched MOTD2 and the way they tear apart our midfield is quite eye watering
Said it after Brentford than it doesn’t look like PEH and Biss can play together and today just showed that again but with a bigger divide

PEH can't play in a two, alongside Bentancur it kinda works but isn't great, we either go for a 3 or drop the viking and see if Biss & Bent can work together

the end game is knowing we did what we could
Chickening out early is what spurs would normally do
Getting rid and hiring Poch is easy. It takes the pressure off everyone

Isn't it just the same Mourinho spiral though?

If you are walking in the wrong direction, you turn around, you don't stubbornly double down on your decision

Getting Poch in automatically gives everyone hope, joy, unity and a sense of common again. Why would anyone not want that?

If you are walking in the wrong direction, you turn around, you don't stubbornly double down on your decision

Getting Poch in automatically gives everyone hope, joy, unity and a sense of common again. Why would anyone not want that?

your assuming it’s good Poch
The man with the lemons and lessons learned
It’s rarely, if ever the same bringing someone back

PEH can't play in a two, alongside Bentancur it kinda works but isn't great, we either go for a 3 or drop the viking and see if Biss & Bent can work together
Bissouma is the weak link in the 2
But we can’t play a 2 man attack with sonny playing so poorly

Because the (sudden) loss of literally all of those factors you mention were exactly what lead to him being sacked in the first place? Not trying to be an ass here, but I wouldn't count on the word "automatically". And I would not oppose.

Back