• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

So any coach can see they need upgrading. i mean any coach would understand how to build from the back.
I struggle to understand what's stopping the changes... player power? management protected? fan favourite? can't be finances as we can continue to spend and sell.
No shortage of CBs too as Tarkowski and Mee were available but we choose not too, and they still look great.
There's a lack of ruthlessness in the decision making process and we won't win anything until we deal with players solely based on performance. Its not the managers - poch, mourinho and now conte - its the culture at the club and its Levy to fix.
Why are howe and arteta consistently getting far better performances out of signifantly inferior groups of players?

None of us know how the affect of the World Cup, combined with the early start time affects the team and players
12.30s are always awful games

9 league matches in a row we have gone behind, that has nothing to do with the kick off time or the WC but everything to do with how the manager sends them out on the pitch

9 league matches in a row we have gone behind, that has nothing to do with the kick off time but everything to do with how the manager sends them out on the pitch
In your view, and others too
As I said above I’ll judge with a bigger sample size post World Cup
This season is split in chunks because of the World Cup and I thought yesterday we were the side on the front foot for most of the game, including the first half

Why are howe and arteta consistently getting far better performances out of signifantly inferior groups of players?
Always made me laugh how people on here made out that Howe was a poor coach and turned their nose up at him. But it must be noted Saudi Sportswashing Machine have no European football and the Goons have rested a load of players in the Europa League…..

Because we cut early kick offs we'd get less in tv revenue from both the uk and especially asian markets. Less money to pay wages. For all clubs.
Ok….
I’m fine with that
I mean most of the TV money comes from UK subscribers. Why are we inconvenienced when we pay the most money

Arsenal don't have significantly inferior players, in several areas we have the inferior players. Saliba is a better CB than any we have, Odegaard, Martinelli and Ramsdale are also better than anything we have in their positions.
The rest is debatable.

Arsenal don't have significantly inferior players, in several areas we have the inferior players. Saliba is a better CB than any we have, Odegaard, Martinelli and Ramsdale are also better than anything we have in their positions.
The rest is debatable.
Martinelli better than Son?
Ramsdale better than Hugo?
Saliba better than Romero?
Odegard is class
They are getting performances because it’s the same team every week playing the same way. The way they have been drilled to play for 3 years. It takes time and it also means you need luck with injuries they have had that so far and it’s got them results this season
It’s a team game, not an individual one

Martinelli better than Son?
Ramsdale better than Hugo?
Saliba better than Romero?
Odegard is class
They are getting performances because it’s the same team every week playing the same way. The way they have been drilled to play for 3 years. It takes time and it also means you need luck with injuries they have had that so far and it’s got them results this season
It’s a team game, not an individual one
Yes, Ramsdale is better than Hugo now (neither is a top keeper), Martinelli is better than Son now (Sons ability/form has dropped off a cliff this season and Martinelli is a great player), Saliba is as good as Romero and plays week in week out while Romero is constantly missing.
Yes, it's a team game but the post was in reply to a statement saying Arsenal have significantly inferior players, which they don't.

Yes, Ramsdale is better than Hugo now (neither is a top keeper), Martinelli is better than Son now (Sons ability/form has dropped off a cliff this season and Martinelli is a great player), Saliba is as good as Romero and plays week in week out while Romero is constantly missing.
Yes, it's a team game but the post was in reply to a statement saying Arsenal have significantly inferior players, which they don't.
Can’t agree with that I’m afraid
But hey it’s opinions
I’d take a World Cup winning keeper over England’s 2nd or 3rd choice. Ramsdale is solid but clumsy and gets beat at the near post a lot
Martinelli has been a great signing but son won’t remain this poor and is a proven better player
Saliba has been very good this season and we haven’t seen Romero because he was focussed on the World Cup. We will see what Romero we get back this week
But the team game thing is key for me
And I agree it’s not a significantly weaker group of players

The kick off time shouldn’t be an issue, the prep is the same you just do everything earlier.

They are professional footballers, their life is literally dictated by the next kick off time.

The kick off time shouldn’t be an issue, the prep is the same you just do everything earlier.

They are professional footballers, their life is literally dictated by the next kick off time.
Which explains why fans are fans and pros are pros
You cant just move the clock back 2 hours to gain the time

Back