• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

His ability to get us firing in the second half is something to behold and I'm being serious there but I'm equally at a loss to explain how that doesn't ever translate to decent starts to games.

What kinda talks being made at HT not at the start....its odd

You really have to wonder. I’m a massive Conte supporter but I can’t defend it. The difference between the first halves and second halves is not acceptable. Nor is the fact we haven’t had a clean sheet in such a long time.

That said, he has some ability to turn a game and to instil a never say die mentality. I’ve heard “Spurs wouldn’t have done that a year ago” a million times over the years whenever we are on a run but we’ve really recovered points this season that we never would have in the past. Just a mystery why we’re in a position to have to recover them.

“For me, I think the second part of the game was very, very positive. We played with a great intensity, played with the right desire to score and to create difficulties for our opponent. But we have to know, this is maybe nine games in a row that we start a game and concede a goal. We go down, and then we start to play, and we come back. I think that we have to start from the first second, mentally strong, to play in the way we played in the second part of the game until the end.”

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...tford-we-have-to-start-from-the-first-second/

None of us know how the affect of the World Cup, combined with the early start time affects the team and players
12.30s are always awful games

Doesn't seem to have effected them at all. We're doing exactly what we were doing before. This what the 9th game we've gone behind in a row? 5th time in a row (i think) we've gone 2-0 down.
First game that we have been the better side though from the start IMO

First game that we have been the better side though from the start IMO

No way we were better first half and Conte even said himself.

But even if it was the case that doesn't explain much considering 90% of the problem discussed happened before it even took place

Last edited:
Thought he said we played much better second half
Didn’t read him say they were better than us at any point, but I haven’t read contes quotes

Well he alludes to it by saying we haven't started playing including today till we concede

I actually didn't realise how bad it was till he mentioned how many games it had been either

It's an issue and it's not because of the WC in my opinion

Well he alludes to it by saying we haven't started playing including today till we concede

I actually didn't realise how bad it was till he mentioned how many games it had been either

It's an issue and it's not because of the WC in my opinion
It’s 100% an issuer that we concede first
But what we don’t know is todays relative to post World Cup
And as I’ve said the 12.30 kick offs are always horrendous

But we do know that the WC wasn't the issue for the other 9 odd games where we have done exactly the same

TBH this game for me looked like alot of games I've seen this season, just all far to familiar

I agree about us and the early starts bit but that's a reality of the game, we might as well pack up now if we can't handle fluctuating times to play at

But we do know that the WC wasn't the issue for the other 9 odd games where we have done exactly the same

TBH this game for me looked like alot of games I've seen this season, just all far to familiar

I agree about us and the early starts bit but that's a reality of the game, we might as well pack up now if we can't handle fluctuating times to play at
I’d prefer a bigger sample post World Cup myself to compare the two
The league this year is in two parts
Pre the World Cup we started slow and sat back every game it seemed. I didn’t see that today. I did see some brick defending but I don’t think that was a tactical thing, just poor play
Let’s see what we do vs Villa

Horrendous for the home teams imo as there is not normally much atmosphere which is good for the away team.

There wasn’t much atmosphere today from the home team
It was all spurs fans singing
Well then there's even less excuse for the players.
We all say the early kick offs are bad for us when we are at home due to the lack of atmosphere so likewise it makes it easier for us when we are away with an early ko.

Well then there's even less excuse for the players.
We all say the early kick offs are bad for us when we are at home due to the lack of atmosphere so likewise it makes it easier for us when we are away with an early ko.
They are brick for everyone
I remember Phil Neville talking about them a while back on a pod cast
He said your whole routine goes out the window
Same with 2pm Sunday kick offs
They can’t get in the 2 meals they would normally have
They stay away (which is more common now anyway) and doesn’t see their family
There is less social time (players normally have breakfast, do a team walk, then a team meet before a game which they can’t fit in)
It’s just daft IMO but if suits the pay masters

They are brick for everyone
I remember Phil Neville talking about them a while back on a pod cast
He said your whole routine goes out the window
Same with 2pm Sunday kick offs
They can’t get in the 2 meals they would normally have
They stay away (which is more common now anyway) and doesn’t see their family
There is less social time (players normally have breakfast, do a team walk, then a team meet before a game which they can’t fit in)
It’s just daft IMO but if suits the pay masters

Wonder if the players would all agree to a paycut if we got rid of them? No i don't, i already know the answer.

We would probably look even worse in a two, that's why. With three on the field, we concede two a game without fail. With two, it would be double figures.

If one of the two is Dier, it would be a cricket score.

Poch, Mourinho, Nuno, Conte - four coaches from all possible ends of the spectrum all struggled to get a consistent tune out of this lot, because the same brick played all the time. Dier. Davies. Sanchez.

They still play now, we still struggle as a result (although Sanchez, to be fair to him, was not too bad today). No coach is going to turn this brick into a quality team relative to our opponents. We simply need better players across the field.

So any coach can see they need upgrading. i mean any coach would understand how to build from the back.
I struggle to understand what's stopping the changes... player power? management protected? fan favourite? can't be finances as we can continue to spend and sell.
No shortage of CBs too as Tarkowski and Mee were available but we choose not too, and they still look great.
There's a lack of ruthlessness in the decision making process and we won't win anything until we deal with players solely based on performance. Its not the managers - poch, mourinho and now conte - its the culture at the club and its Levy to fix.

So any coach can see they need upgrading. i mean any coach would understand how to build from the back.
I struggle to understand what's stopping the changes... player power? management protected? fan favourite? can't be finances as we can continue to spend and sell.
No shortage of CBs too as Tarkowski and Mee were available but we choose not too, and they still look great.
There's a lack of ruthlessness in the decision making process and we won't win anything until we deal with players solely based on performance. Its not the managers - poch, mourinho and now conte - its the culture at the club and its Levy to fix.

If we’re upgrading, let’s upgrade. Those two are not upgrades. They’re side-grades at best.

Back