• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

His intensity on the sideline and constant coaching can increase pressure on the players
True. I hope the team (management team too) can use this as a motivation. Even without him there, he’ll certainly have things to say after the game, so that could be a factor in the players’ mentality.

Re Contes sending off:
I was thinking it could act as more of a driving force for the players, get some fire in them for a change. I could be wrong but didn't Jol do something similar? Anyway the thing to do is keep Conte in his hotel room for the next match and relay his messages via carrier pigeon. But seriously if he he is watching it on the screen he will get a much better overview of the game as a whole. Keeping him away from the ground means he won't be under such scrutiny as if he was at the match itself and sending texts via a 'relative' would be hard to trace. Of course there is the danger that he will do a Keith Moon and trash the place, but I'm sure the club would pay for the damage.

Re Contes sending off:
I was thinking it could act as more of a driving force for the players, get some fire in them for a change. I could be wrong but didn't Jol do something similar? Anyway the thing to do is keep Conte in his hotel room for the next match and relay his messages via carrier pigeon. But seriously if he he is watching it on the screen he will get a much better overview of the game as a whole. Keeping him away from the ground means he won't be under such scrutiny as if he was at the match itself and sending texts via a 'relative' would be hard to trace. Of course there is the danger that he will do a Keith Moon and trash the place, but I'm sure the club would pay for the damage.

upload_2022-10-27_15-54-48.png

Proves nothing, the line is drawn by some bloke at a computer, it looks far from straight, can't see if the ball has left Emersons head already, loads of doubt around it.
If VAR can't make the decision in 3-4 mins then it's obviously falling into a grey area.
Also, the line is on the ground on a 2d picture. The ball is about 2 meters off the ground, so the 2d picture does not reveal anything.

I’m one of his biggest fans but think he’s going OTT a bit, maybe this came too soon after the game…

“Conte appeared to ask the Spurs hierarchy for aid in pursuing his complaint. “I hope the club understands this and then in the right situation they also speak with the people they have to speak with because otherwise it is only the manager to speak. I think the club has to be strong because I repeat this situation creates big, big damage. Now we don’t know what happen next week. If we go out, then I want to see.”

Is he suggesting legal action if we lose next week? He’s going too far if so imo. Also sounds a bit defeatist, dare I say like Arteta after losing to us last season, they still had 4th in their own hands but got so wrapped up in their sense of injustice their heads were gone for the next game.
Anyway we’ll see.

I’m one of his biggest fans but think he’s going OTT a bit, maybe this came too soon after the game…

“Conte appeared to ask the Spurs hierarchy for aid in pursuing his complaint. “I hope the club understands this and then in the right situation they also speak with the people they have to speak with because otherwise it is only the manager to speak. I think the club has to be strong because I repeat this situation creates big, big damage. Now we don’t know what happen next week. If we go out, then I want to see.”

Is he suggesting legal action if we lose next week? He’s going too far if so imo. Also sounds a bit defeatist, dare I say like Arteta after losing to us last season, they still had 4th in their own hands but got so wrapped up in their sense of injustice their heads were gone for the next game.
Anyway we’ll see.

My hope is he is rediscovering his fire after sadness of Ventrone and we will now ‘seige’ our way through all of the upcoming games…

I've been holding off in hope that we can't possibly be this bad, but I think it might be best to start looking for his replacement. This can't just be the players.

I've been holding off in hope that we can't possibly be this bad, but I think it might be best to start looking for his replacement. This can't just be the players.
It was never about the players, it’s about the players Conte is picking. Defensive players in attacking positions, constantly only 2 or 3 attacking players on the pitch - there’s only one person to blame why the football is brick. And even with all the defensiveness our defence still looks poor most of the time:D…..

He is sat at home right now. Ignoring Villa and waiting for a phone call to return in an instant

Ah come on. Jesus, he’s done a very good job overall since he’s been here. We can’t just keep firing managers.

Im still optimistic we’ll get the 3 points today.

The team on the pitch reflects the manager
It’s what he does all the time at every club
When it’s going well he is genuinely elite
When it isn’t he is Boris Johnson basically

What the fudge does Conte tell them just before kick off? On Wednesday we did not start playing until the second half and this time we waited until we were 0:2 down WTF?

Back