• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I don’t think anyone can underestimate the impact of Gian Pietro’s death on the club. We don’t know about it, for the proper reasons, but it could definitely be a factor. Especially for Conte. Managers have their own management team, and losing someone that influential has an impact.

Agreed. Did you hear the most recent pod?

Yep there's a conspiracy against little old spurs. Uefa will do whatever they can to make sure we don't get out of the group stage cause they fear we will destroy the world. The prem are in on it too. All the refs and var. We are the greatest victims of all time.

Or sometimes decisions go against us. Wtf we going to fight against? It was offside.

It took over three minutes to find a potential offside and I still did not see a conclusive angle. I question the decision personally.

So he was a talented, capable player?
Im asking because some people think Poch made him into a much better player
I’d argue he was already quality and playing with better players meant he could shine more (and more experience too)
I think Poch allowed his talent to shine but no I wouldn't say he improved him per se.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Need to have a look at the rules. It seems the purpose of the offside rule which was to prevent gaining an advantage by goal hanging has become a mechanism for finding a reason to disallow a goal.

The defensive art of playing offside was about stepping up, in a line. It was never about leaning forward. Make the toe of the furthest forward planted for the line, make the distance 6 inches so if it is offside it's clearly off and advantage has been gained.
I know we'd concede a last minute equaliser in a cup final and lose on pens once it's been applied but the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker. For most people, the euphoria of a goal is the reason we spend so much time and energy watching / playing and a lot of the goals we were seeing disallowed would not have been the decisions that would even be challenged by the conceding team. Last night I think they were asking for handball not offside.
We still have a challenge defining what a foul and intentional hand ball is but when it comes to drawing lines lets make it a positive rule rather than a negative one.

Kane was in an offside position before it touched the defender. He would have had to come back onside before touching the ball.
It doesn't matter if he was in an offside position before it touched the defender, it only matters if he was when Emerson headed the ball i.e. was he ahead of the ball or behind it when it was headed. I've yet to see a picture that shows this conclusively one way or the other.

That line doesn't take into account perspective or height. What a joke. The only thing you can conclude without any doubt, is that it is too close to call either way with this technology.
Exactly. It seems as if the camera is ahead of the ball so we can’t CLEARLY know the relationship between Kane and the ball. The answer is better tech. Grounds need camera arrays that cover every inch of the ground (like in The Matrix). Then you can be sure. Until then, it’s always up for grabs.
And as many have said, the offside rule, especially now, needs looking at.

Unless the camera is directly behind the ball its a guess.
Can make an accurate extrpolation by referencing how the lines that are supposed to be parallel to each other are going to meet each other in a point in the distance.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back