• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

He said it would take years. Or at least a few windows. He has a friend as dof and an owner that so far has backed him. The team and how they play is down to him.

Kind of.

There is something about us though, always that car crash of a performance when we need it least.

He won’t succeed
He will always want more and city will win 3 out of every available trophies they can

If he doesnt succeed then fine. But at least he should keep us competitive whilst the squad refresh is done and we're in a better position for the next guy

We never ever played this negative
We never ever set up with full backs who can’t attack either
We did get exposed I’d agree

Did you watch us under Mourinho. Go back and watch the 1-1 games v Palace and Wolves. Watch the 0-2 v Leicester. It was eyesore football.

Conte has taken us from mid table to the CL, has us third in the league and top of our CL group and yet some fans are losing the plot after a sticky spell where we lost 2, drew 1 and won 1.

Conte is the man. We need to back him and be patient. What he’s done here so far has been remarkable.

That’s of his own making though
He need to accept and deal with the hand he has been given rather than sticking with mediocrity because he thinks he can trust them

The problem isn’t the mediocrity imo, you can scheme for that, it’s the superheroes only being super sporadically.

Did you watch us under Mourinho. Go back and watch the 1-1 games v Palace and Wolves. Watch the 0-2 v Leicester. It was eyesore football.

Conte has taken us from mid table to the CL, has us third in the league and top of our CL group and yet some fans are losing the plot after a sticky spell where we lost 2, drew 1 and won 1.

Conte is the man. We need to back him and be patient. What he’s done here so far has been remarkable.
Yeah I watched us then
Jose played defensive football as he had some players who were poor
Conte has some talented players but still plays the brick way
Conte has access to 11 new players over the last 2 windows

This x 1,000.

I loved how we attacked last season, how we scored for fun and played great up most matches. But this season has been horrible.

Did we really though? We were very good against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Ham, Norwich and Leicester.

There was a lot of laboured performances in there as well even towards the end when we picked up a lot of points. We beat Villa by 4 but were ordinary for a lot of it. We were poor v Brighton. We didn’t start brilliantly against Woolwich and then we got a pen and they imploded. We laboured against Burnley.

Did we really though? We were very good against Saudi Sportswashing Outfit, West Ham, Norwich and Leicester.

There was a lot of laboured performances in there as well even towards the end when we picked up a lot of points. We beat Villa by 4 but were ordinary for a lot of it. We were poor v Brighton. We didn’t start brilliantly against Woolwich and then we got a pen and they imploded. We laboured against Burnley.
I think that’s a bit revisionary, the form we were in the last 2 or 3 months of the season was insane compared to what it was before. You have to factor in the pressure of what we were playing for as well. It was 10/10 stuff in the run in really considering what was at stack and who it was against.

Conte has some talented players but still plays the brick way
Conte has access to 11 new players over the last 2 windows

I get the criticism but whlist the squad has improved, its still badly lacking in creativity. I'm not sure what Conte can do about that.

The WB options aren't of the standard needed either. Granted, I dont know why he keeps picking Royal, but its such a crucial position for him

No manager can play in a given style if they dont have players suited to that system

I think that’s a bit revisionary, the form we were in the last 2 or 3 months of the season was insane compared to what it was before. You have to factor in the pressure of what we were playing for as well. It was 10/10 stuff in the run in really considering what was at stack and who it was against.

Yep. We didn’t turn up against Brighton and Brentford but our form in the last 10 games was mostly very good.

I get the criticism but whlist the squad has improved, its still badly lacking in creativity. I'm not sure what Conte can do about that.

The WB options aren't of the standard needed either. Granted, I dont know why he keeps picking Royal, but its such a crucial position for him

No manager can play in a given style if they dont have players suited to that system
The end twin backs options are fine and will get better with Odogie
The right side has options… he is choosing the worst one. That’s on conte
Don’t forget that he has been a manger whilst we have signed 3 wing backs

You’re not sure what Conte can do with that??

It’s what he SHOULD have done. Signed at least one more creative player. That issue is on Conte.

He isn't in control of signings
Wasn’t you and others celebrating that the transfer window had been a success because we had got in players Conte wanted early?

And him and Paratici work together, it was Conte who spoke directly to Kulu and Perisic etc Conte wouldn’t be here right now if we weren’t getting players he wanted. The fact is he prefers workaholics to creativity on the pitch and that’s down to him…..

Wasn’t you and others celebrating that the transfer window had been a success because we had got in players Conte wanted early?

And him and Paratici work together, it was Conte who spoke directly to Kulu and Perisic etc Conte wouldn’t be here right now if we weren’t getting players he wanted. The fact is he prefers workaholics to creativity on the pitch and that’s down to him…..
The fact is he will keep on playing ineffective players like royal because they work hard…. That’s fully on conte

Again find myself agreeing with you, we have more depth than last year but seem to use less other than the last two games where players have dropped dead from playing each week so forced our hand.

But as I keep saying there is depth he just decides to not use it

He is doing a good job and I get the WC issues etc, but as I also keep saying, he isn't beyond criticisms

Back