• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Poch made us believe that we could compete.
He, like every manager of the last 30 years couldn't make us believe we could win.
Our lack of trophies since jol came in is ridiculous. We really should have something to show for it.

He, like every manager of the last 30 years couldn't make us believe we could win.
Our lack of trophies since jol came in is ridiculous. We really should have something to show for it.

You keep trotting this line out but really we haven't been worth a trophy since we left WHL.

Dunno how anyone can look at our teams when we sold Walker and then Dembele/Dier & Wanyama were constantly injured and think we had any right to be challenging.

Heck even under Jol we were a EL level club without a CL appearance to our name, why should we have been doing anything in front of the established top 4 at the time?

When did jol sign, 2005?
Left the old lane 2019, so for 14 years we were worthy of a trophy?

We would have been 5th or 6th favoirites in any given year for one of the domestic trophies, So i don't think it's ridiculous to be missing out, no.

Pochs greatest work was uniting the fans and the club for once
It’s the only time it’s happened in my 46 years
You need it to succeed.
Pool have it right now and so do city and arsenal

He played in the final

Final 7 minutes of extra time, 1 of 12 appearances for them - fair enough i got thst wrong but he wasn't anything more than a squad player for them. They sent him on loan to a newly promoted PL side the following season.

Yep
He also won the title that season but only played a third of the games
He wasn’t unknown or a kid

But he wasn't the beast who ended at Spurs after Poch built him up, if he was he wouldn't have ever left Athletico

Top class players of their time start CL finals and play entire league seasons

Final 7 minutes of extra time, 1 of 12 appearances for them - fair enough i got thst wrong but he wasn't anything more than a squad player for them.
No he was a squad player but wasn’t signed as one. He left them because he couldn’t dislodge the guys in front of him

We would have been 5th or 6th favoirites in any given year for one of the domestic trophies, So i don't think it's ridiculous to be missing out, no.
There's teams a lot worse than us won trophies in that time.
Did one team not win the f a cup and get relegated in the same season?
Arsenal couldn't have have been much better than 4-5th favourites to win one f a cup, they've won three.

But he wasn't the beast who ended at Spurs after Poch built him up, if he was he wouldn't have ever left Athletico

Top class players of their time start CL finals and play entire league seasons
Not when they are young and inexperienced they don’t
They take time to develop

Well yeah
So he wasn’t an average player as was inferred earlier that Poch took average players and made them better
He was a player we signed who was so highly rated one of the top teams in the world which atletico were signed him.
He had played over 40 games for one of the best international sides before we signed him

Not when they are young and inexperienced they don’t
They take time to develop

And Poch developed him

I never said he was average my point has always been he improved players and he did that's not really up for debate. The part that is up for debate is that he didn't improve everyone and I would agree

But did he improve Rose, Walker, Jan, Toby, Wanyama, Dembele, Alli, Kane, Tripper etc

You bet your life he did

Back