• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

He's literally said publically that more transfer windows are needed to get to where we want to be.

Irrespective of this season and the congestion you need a strong first team squad, 16 or so players, in order to compete on all 4 fronts - top 4 is going to be super competitive over the coming years - Saudi Sportswashing Outfit will make the top 6 a top 7 so there won't be any margin for error week to week, you need to be super focused and to not suffer on paper too much with 2 or 3 injuries at any given time.

Yep, the question is how quickly can we assemble a squad like the one I posted as that will allow us to compete for the PL and the CL.

My guesstimate is that our increased income will allow for us to spend about £150m every summer. So could take a couple of years to get there which is annoying.

Yep, the question is how quickly can we assemble a squad like the one I posted as that will allow us to compete for the PL and the CL.

My guesstimate is that our increased income will allow for us to spend about £150m every summer. So could take a couple of years to get there which is annoying.

Well that remains to be seen, we are currently spending on average of about 70-80m net since the stadium move which has on par with Arsenal +/- and only behind United. I wouldn't expect to see that double any time soon but we may see an increase.

It's not just about spending, it's spending it on the right players. We've spent a lot in recent windows but most of it has been poorly spent.

Conte on the current situation of constant important games. He confirms the time between games will have to be near on total rest with very limited training!

"About Richy and Deki (Kulusevski)? No chance. I don't know about Pierre and Cuti (Romero) for Wednesday. If you ask me in this moment, I don't have an answer because I don't know the way they recover."

"For sure there are players that need to rest for two days to recover because we have players who for them this was seven games in a row and we don't have the possibility to make rotation in this moment."

"Our target now has to be to try on Wednesday to win the game because to go to the next round is a good opportunity for us."

"I know it will be difficult but we have the possibility to do it and then to try to manage the situation until the last game in November. Then there is the World Cup and we will see what happens."

"Romero was the last two or three games, he arrived every day half and half to decide if he play or doesn't play."

"I think in the past we have taken risk. The players gave their availability to play otherwise honestly if the player doesn't want to play, I don't force the player."

"Now after the game against United, he felt a lot of fatigue and then yesterday he felt fatigue in his calf. Before in his thigh, the right, now left in the calf."

"Pierre it was the same because Pierre played every game, he played every minute and he was really tired."

It's not just about spending, it's spending it on the right players. We've spent a lot in recent windows but most of it has been poorly spent.

January and the summer were pretty good windows IMO. Can’t really argue with Bentancur and Kulu. To get them in January was a master stroke.

We strengthened considerably in the summer. Still a bit weak at RWB and lacking creativity in CM but there isn’t a bad signing amongst the ones we got from what I can see.

January and the summer were pretty good windows IMO. Can’t really argue with Bentancur and Kulu. To get them in January was a master stroke.

We strengthened considerably in the summer. Still a bit weak at RWB and lacking creativity in CM but there isn’t a bad signing amongst the ones we got from what I can see.
Agreed. We need that creativity which is lacking at the moment unless Kane drops deep. We also need upgrades on Royal and Ben Davies with WBs and CBs who can play through a press.

Yep agree although we need a level up of player now like players such as Hakimi, Bastoni, Milinkovic-Savic, Skriniar, Vlahovic preferably as many of them all in one window.

OR if FP can find them in their raw form such as a Romero, Kulusevski, maybe Bentancur and hopefully Udogie.

Conte on the current situation of constant important games. He confirms the time between games will have to be near on total rest with very limited training!

"About Richy and Deki (Kulusevski)? No chance. I don't know about Pierre and Cuti (Romero) for Wednesday. If you ask me in this moment, I don't have an answer because I don't know the way they recover."

"For sure there are players that need to rest for two days to recover because we have players who for them this was seven games in a row and we don't have the possibility to make rotation in this moment."

"Our target now has to be to try on Wednesday to win the game because to go to the next round is a good opportunity for us."

"I know it will be difficult but we have the possibility to do it and then to try to manage the situation until the last game in November. Then there is the World Cup and we will see what happens."

"Romero was the last two or three games, he arrived every day half and half to decide if he play or doesn't play."

"I think in the past we have taken risk. The players gave their availability to play otherwise honestly if the player doesn't want to play, I don't force the player."

"Now after the game against United, he felt a lot of fatigue and then yesterday he felt fatigue in his calf. Before in his thigh, the right, now left in the calf."

"Pierre it was the same because Pierre played every game, he played every minute and he was really tired."

Well...this is what happens Antonio when you don't rotate when you actually have the opportunity to do so, particularly in the case of PEH...Oh well..

Basically as I said before loads of players in this squad need to go or at best be relegated to back up. And of course these players need to be replaced with very good quality.

Lloris, Sanchez, Tanganga, Davies, Emerson, Doherty, Sessegnon, Lucas, Gil can all go imo.

Bit harsh on Doherty and Gil but the former is getting on and we all like him mainly because he is better than the alternatives. And Gil can go on loan so he can play regularly and develop.

I meant prior to Paratici who has really improved our success rate on signings.

He's literally said publically that more transfer windows are needed to get to where we want to be.

Irrespective of this season and the congestion you need a strong first team squad, 16 or so players, in order to compete on all 4 fronts - top 4 is going to be super competitive over the coming years - Saudi Sportswashing Outfit will make the top 6 a top 7 so there won't be any margin for error week to week, you need to be super focused and to not suffer on paper too much with 2 or 3 injuries at any given time.

I looked at Dier yesterday and, I know he has his critics, but he was absolutely pathetic. Particularly on the ball. Simple 10-15 yard passes, he was launching over Sess's head on several occasions. Now, whatever you think of Dier, he's usually well able to clip a pass like that. For me, it was a sign of tiredness of a fella who has played every minute this season. Either that or he'd been on the vodka and red bulls before the game.

From about 2019 until Paratici arrived. I don't think anyone in that period could be called a success bar possibly PEH.

Ok, so what about the windows since Paratici has arrived? How many of those buys have been a success and how many are actually being played? The fact that we don't have some creativity in CM: is that still because of transfer dealings before Paratici arrived or to do with Conte's choice of players he wants etc?

I looked at Dier yesterday and, I know he has his critics, but he was absolutely pathetic. Particularly on the ball. Simple 10-15 yard passes, he was launching over Sess's head on several occasions. Now, whatever you think of Dier, he's usually well able to clip a pass like that. For me, it was a sign of tiredness of a fella who has played every minute this season. Either that or he'd been on the vodka and red bulls before the game.

I'd like/hope to think it was tiredness. The time he passed it across our own penalty box for a corner AFTER WE HAD A GOAL KICK was just something else. I think that was the moment the game changed for us actually when i think about it

I'd like/hope to think it was tiredness. The time he passed it across our own penalty box for a corner AFTER WE HAD A GOAL KICK was just something else. I think that was the moment the game changed for us actually when i think about it

It isn't, he does that a lot. We just notice his lumbering screw-ups less when we're doing well, but he has moments like that every game, and usually multiple times in a game. The commentator will say something about us looking good and in control, and right on cue, Dier will shank it into the stands or give it away and the commentator will grimly assert...'but all that could change now as Dier gives the ball away,and Spurs could be in trouble here'.

This myth that a man with cinderblock feet is good on the ball has to be phased out, imo. If given the freedom of the city and enough time to watch the heat death of the universe, he can shank a decent long pass now and then, but he isn't 'good on the ball'. He isn't bad, sure. But to be 'good on the ball' implies technique and assurance he doesn't have.

Players not doing the basics right is a worrying sign to me and begs the question what is going on at the training ground

Ok, so what about the windows since Paratici has arrived? How many of those buys have been a success and how many are actually being played? The fact that we don't have some creativity in CM: is that still because of transfer dealings before Paratici arrived or to do with Conte's choice of players he wants etc?
Kulu, Bentancur and Romero have been obvious successes. Royal has been a failure due to being bought to play in a different type of system. The rest it's a bit early to judge.
Conte has said it will take 3 transfer windows to get everything done. I think it's very unrealistic to expect everything to be done in the two windows he's had with Conte.

It isn't, he does that a lot. We just notice his lumbering screw-ups less when we're doing well, but he has moments like that every game, and usually multiple times in a game. The commentator will say something about us looking good and in control, and right on cue, Dier will shank it into the stands or give it away and the commentator will grimly assert...'but all that could change now as Dier gives the ball away,and Spurs could be in trouble here'.

This myth that a man with cinderblock feet is good on the ball has to be phased out, imo. If given the freedom of the city and enough time to watch the heat death of the universe, he can shank a decent long pass now and then, but he isn't 'good on the ball'. He isn't bad, sure. But to be 'good on the ball' implies technique and assurance he doesn't have.

Perhaps Dier isn't a Toby/Jan with his passing/ball control for sure but you have to say yesterday was much worse than normal for him...

Back